• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump more dishonest than the mainstream media?

Who is more dishonest, Trump or the Mainstream Media?

• Trump

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Mainstream Media

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Authority = Truth in America...

sheeple.jpg

The Big Lie: Why America is all about Control and Conformity, not Truth or Freedom

It seems to me the fight is over who gets to dictate the narrative. The truth seems less important than the perception of authority of the individual telling the narrative.

I suspect both Trump and the news media realize this.

Personally I've kind of stop expecting the truth from either. Do either really know anything about truth?

Trump? Really?
The news media just repeat whatever they get from their "trusted" sources.

Both Trump and the News media create the truth for millions of Americans. The perception of authority is more important than honesty.

The authority of the presidency was always an illusion IMO. Folks are finally beginning to question it is all. The news media lost its perception of authority when it decided to go after ratings.

Leaves you to do your own research if you want any chance at getting at the "truth". Even then you're still having to deal with your own bias.
By "truth" I mean "honesty" based on facts and supporting evidence. Even though honesty doesn't seem important these days in politics, it still is. There are going to be consequences to the fact that so many believe Trump's dishonest claims. The polarization of the country will keep getting worse, "fake news" like Facebook articles, Breitbart, Salon and other extreme right/left publications will gain popularity and authority (as you pointed out), and the country will be much worse for it. Although Trump didn't create this problem, it is undeniable that he is making it much worse with his frustration-based attacks.

The mere fact that so many believe claims from the President that aren't supported by any outside evidence is scary. Americans don't seem to care about facts. They care about the way they feel, which is arbitrary to say the least.

We are all in big trouble.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Trump doesn't care about the ratings, he knows they're cooked. Trump just wants it out there what exactly he's doing/being done. They aren't even printing that, never mind their opinions of him. Trump is about 100% more open than Obama ever was, but instead of using that as a resource to inform the American people they use it as a shell game and deceive. They decided to go full time on garbage stories about irrelevant matters. How exactly does that make them credible? I mean, literally... I've read stories on them tripping about Melania's shoes...
This I could not disagree with more, but I'd like to understand where you are coming from. Can you provide a couple of examples of things Trump has done that wasn't covered at all in the mainstream media?
Wow, just wow. It's obvious that both media companies talk about different stories, lending them some legitimacy in my eye. Also, while there are opinion pieces on any of the sites most of what they print is true. 100% truth isn't possible just because none of them absolutely know the truth, but it is tempered with the need to share what is known. Basically, 80% of the truth is better than none of it... The mainstream media prints 20% truth (or less) and the rest are agenda pieces for the "unknown" and "known" puppet masters.
Why do you think that presenting different stories somehow provides legitimacy? If each publication is inventing or exaggerating stories, I would expect them to be different. If they all present the same stories, it is far more likely that they are accurate ... as there are different sources for different news outlets. So, can you explain your view here?
I would say that far-right and far-left publications are about 20% accurate. CNN and MSNBC is about 60-70% (a lot better than 20%), then Fox News is about 50/50. I don't expect perfection, but to say that Breitbart is more honest than CNN seems absurd. But, if you can provide some evidence that they have fabricated stories and refused to retract them after they have been proven false, I am all ears. I'd like to see what evidence you are basing your opinion on.
Anti-gun is anti-America, bottom line. There would be no America if the guns were collected, and besides that criminals do not care if the government wants all of the guns - they'll still keep them. How would any of that stop the crime? We have millions of rounds of ammo in circulation, and a gun for every person in the USA. Perhaps it would be more interesting that most mass shootings in the USA happen via the hands of registered Democrats, how do you like those apples? Why does the mainstream fail to mention that? What does that have to 2nd Amendment rights? Yeah, I can't figure it out either... All it does is confirm that the craziest among us are probably liberal... :D

The evidence for collusion was presented, but I'm not going to do the homework for you. You either get off your lazy ***, or continue to be led around by your nose. It doesn't affect me one iota.. :D

Stay woke...
It seems like you are the lazy *** being led around by your nose. If you believe that a site like Breitbart or the Daily Caller is honest, I would suggest checking up on their sources and seeing whether you can find stories from other publications that back up their claims. If you can't, they are most likely fraudulent.

I am happy to keep discussing, but try to be a bit more thoughtful and less biased with your claims. You make a lot of claims here without providing any support whatsoever to back them up.