• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is it weird

Jumi

that I don't think that God is a creator? That the universe is a natural phenomenon,and God is a higher consciousness,a part of the universe?
No it's not weird. Most polytheistic and monotheistic religions do believe in creator gods though.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No. But I don't think I've met anyone who shares my belief.

There are those that have similar beliefs, and if I'm not mistaken, more than a few members here share similar beliefs.

But perhaps you'll elaborate on this...
I don't believe anything is created.

Are you saying that you don't believe anything is created by an external force, or that everything has always existed as we know it today?

janesix

There are those that have similar beliefs, and if I'm not mistaken, even more than a few members here.

But perhaps you'll elaborate on this...

Are you saying that you don't believe anything is created by an external force, or that everything has always existed as we know it today.
Yes, I don't think anything was created by an external force. Although I am unsure if everything exists exactly as it is today. I think the universe probably goes through cycles.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I don't think anything was created by an external force. Although I am unsure if everything exists exactly as it is today. I think the universe probably goes through cycles.

Thanks for clarifying.

Pantheists share similar views to yours for the most part.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
that I don't think that God is a creator? That the universe is a natural phenomenon,and God is a higher consciousness,a part of the universe?

No. God as a creator is only one definition of the nature of the unknown and ourselves. While I don't use the words higher consciousness, if it helps you connect to life, yourself, and others (in my opinion) however you define it, it doesn't need to have a strict definition.

In my opinion, you live within god. If getting in touch with your higher conscious helps with that, that's cool. It doesn't need to be a creator for you to appreciate how you define and relate to the unknown.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I must have misread your first question to me. I guess I really am unfamiliar with the concept of nothing being created. It's so foreign to me.
Hi! I read you wrote, so you believe in a creator god? But what you wrote, which makes sense, was, so you believe in a created god? A world of difference. :) It was my mistake.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think the mistake is in assuming these must be an 'either/or' question. I think it makes far more sense to view all that we perceive to exist as an innate expression of the God's divine existence. Not that it was created, later or apart from God's existence, but that it exists because God exists, as a natural manifestation of God's divine 'being'.

At lest, this is what makes the most sense, to me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the mistake is in assuming these must be an 'either/or' question. I think it makes far more sense to view all that we perceive to exist as an innate expression of the God's divine existence. Not that it was created, later or apart from God's existence, but that it exists because God exists, as a natural manifestation of God's divine 'being'.

At lest, this is what makes the most sense, to me.
I think it may be likened to the difference between someone dreaming and someone wide awake planning and making as in work.

Working is for some purpose. But, what we know seems to have little to no purpose.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
No matter what anyone believes there is a mystery still that no one can get their head around.

I personally believe that Consciousness/God/Brahman is the fundamental and the universe is like a play/drama created by Consciousness/God. We each have this spark of Consciousness animating us.

But what that Consciousness/God is, is a mystery I can not get my head around.

A Vestigial Mote

Objectively, this is no weirder than any other belief about "God" or "gods."

Subjectively, people will tell you all sorts of things to the contrary. The trick is not to listen to them, and know, without a doubt, that when it comes to the "spiritual" NO ONE knows any better than you do what is true.

sealchan

I think that understanding God as wholly responsible for the created universe is a very important part of most people's faith. Taking God out of the role is certainly unusual. Not wrong (or weird IMO) but unusual. For me, interesting even...

Would you care to share your reasoning/experience on how you came to this belief?

David T

Premium Member
Because lower wouldnt make sense, as we are part of it. Higher up the hierarchy of holons.
The earth exists without the eye, the eye absolutely does not exist without the earth. So I would say nature is not determined by a pinhead region of the human cranium dysfunctional self label "higher functioning" region. It should be called the dysfunctioning region.
download (6).jpeg

janesix

I think that understanding God as wholly responsible for the created universe is a very important part of most people's faith. Taking God out of the role is certainly unusual. Not wrong (or weird IMO) but unusual. For me, interesting even...

Would you care to share your reasoning/experience on how you came to this belief?
I don't think the universe necessarily looks "created". It seems too precise. If you look at my profile picture, you will see what I mean. The moon and earth square the circle. This is just a tiny bit of what I mean. If there were a creator they would have had to invent basic geometry, and three dimensional space. I think this is just an expression of a natural universe. About God, I have experienced God as a different state of consciousness. So it is my guess that God is a part of this universe, not the creator.

David T

Premium Member
'Left' and 'right' were already taken.
well the structural orientation seems to be common. We have Donald Trump as the eye today and we vote on the eye of I's every 4 years. Wierd that our political system just so happens to match this conceptual structure identically. What a wierd random accident.
download (6).jpeg