• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is it weird

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
that I don't think that God is a creator? That the universe is a natural phenomenon,and God is a higher consciousness,a part of the universe?
The only weird part is a person's personal need to label something erroneously as being a god rather than just attributing natural processes alone without the need to make it something more than it is.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
that I don't think that God is a creator? That the universe is a natural phenomenon,and God is a higher consciousness,a part of the universe?

I think it is not weird "that you don't think that God is a creator". If I think correctly, this part "God is a creator" is used to understand/describe how this universe came into existence. That's far beyond my understanding, and I think beyond anyone's understanding. Understanding has to do with mind and intellect. Advaita teaches that this is "beyond" these faculties.

The other part describes how the universe is (to you). And you see God as a higher consciousness and part of the universe.
Advaita teaches a lot about this too. With our mental faculties we can only understand very limited parts of all this.

There is a way to understand more. When you can read between the lines. Come in "no mind" state. Meditate. The wise of the past spend decades in meditation to unravel these mysteries. So understandably that we can't wrap our brains around this. For sure not by reading alone. The wise even go as far as declaring "this is beyond words". That sums it up very clear.

@George-ananda: gave a few lines I just read. About how advaita sees it. I got a "aha moment" from this.
"I personally believe that Consciousness/God/Brahman is the fundamental and the universe is like a play/drama created by Consciousness/God. We each have this spark of Consciousness animating us."
is it weird

Advaita teaches that "only consciousness exists, and is real, unchanging". The whole world is a mirage, changing stage. A superimposition on consciousness. Because the world is everchanging it can't be called "real" or "truth".

Interesting part IMHO. Consciousness is the fundamental. Consciousness creates universe, which is a play/drama [stage]. We have a spark of consciousness.
I think he means "we are a spark of consciousness".
Why this is interesting? If it is true that consciousness creates the universe AND we are a spark of the same consciousness creation is very possible. I met a Master who could create out of nothing anything. I was lucky He showed me very close up; like 20cm from my eyes. It is possible. Reading about it may sound impossible, but after watching it first hand i now know it is possible.

And if it is true what George-ananda writes above that is exactly the defintion of what I saw in real life.
Some people say we only use 10% of our brain. Maybe true. What I do know is that meditation is all about concentrating you attention on one point. So I do think that the average person does use maybe 10% of his concentration faculty during the day. Just sit silent for 1 min. and check the number of thoughts that passed by. Divine insights come when you have ZERO thoughts. Some say this is not scientific proven. Whatever. Just do the practice and you know for yourself. Waiting for science to proof all things is not so smart. Science also changes quite often when they make mistakes.

So if consciousness can create AND we are a spark of consciousness THEN we can create. As simple as that. If everything is consciousness then all thoughts are consciousness. If that is true then you can understand that clairvoyance is a reality if you are able by concentration to "hack into consciousness" so to speak.

Those were a few thoughts popping up reading your interesting POST. Thanks. Now it's time to practice and experience this.
I remember Osho once said "All it takes is to get into the silence. Start with the gap between 2 finger snaps. And extend it slowly".
Another option is using a Koan "what is the sound of one hand clapping". If you unravel this answer you know the truth.
Probably many more ways to "hack into the great unknown". Just find one that "works for you".

Love, Peace and Blessings to us all
Namastee

sealchan

I don't think the universe necessarily looks "created". It seems too precise. If you look at my profile picture, you will see what I mean. The moon and earth square the circle. This is just a tiny bit of what I mean. If there were a creator they would have had to invent basic geometry, and three dimensional space. I think this is just an expression of a natural universe. About God, I have experienced God as a different state of consciousness. So it is my guess that God is a part of this universe, not the creator.

In some ways I suppose I would agree with you in my beliefs...i believe that the objective reality of God is within the realm of psychological experience. If psychological experience is the result of a brain in a culture interacting with the Universe then it would certainly seem that objectively God is a part of the Universe.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I believe in a higher power. Its a truth, and not a being. Anyone of empathy and understanding no matter what they call it, and regardless of faith or beliefs or convictions already belongs to it.

Hatred mongerers really dont. I dont believe in hell. Hell is a place hatred mongerers make in their own hearts, not a literal place.

I did see on the news the other day that a little baby was murdered, and i do believe that that person has no place in society or existence. All my heart on that one.

Jumi

You believe in a created god. This is indeed a weird, foreign concept to most monotheisms, but not to polytheisms.
I don't think that's what she said at all. Besides, most monotheisms and polytheisms believe in creator gods.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think that's what she said at all. Besides, most monotheisms and polytheisms believe in creator gods.
Yes, not in created gods. Also, a lot of polytheisms believe in created creator gods, as they are seen as part of the created order.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I still don't see the OP talking about created gods.
She said she believes the god she believes in doesn't create, but is part of everything in the cosmos. That's a created god.

Jumi

She said she believes the god she believes in doesn't create, but is part of everything in the cosmos. That's a created god.
If no one created the god, how can you call it a created god? Makes no sense to me.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If no one created the god, how can you call it a created god? Makes no sense to me.
Well something created it. In her view of the universe and how it came about, I don't know what this is.

Jumi

Well something created it. In her view of the universe and how it came about, I don't know what this is.
I'm sure it's different from your beliefs, but to me there's no reasonable contradiction of universe and god both existing without being created.

Earthling

David Henson

I don't think it's weird at all. In fact, you are in the majority. Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, and to an extent, though not exclusively, Hinduism and Scientology agree with you.

ChanaR

Do you believe the universe always existed? Because science says it didn't always exist -- it had a beginning. So essentially you are saying that god is a created being. That is certainly not what we would call Western monotheism.

However, the idea exists in various polytheistic systems of the world.