• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it discrimination to say no to robots?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
That would actually be a good rule - a declaration that robots should not be made in the image of humans - i.e. not have personhood attributed to them

For all we know, doing so could save us a lot of bother further on down the line...

Unfortunately they have become part of the plan for aged care. To provide intimate relationships. Seriously.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
At this point, I don't think robots have consciousness, and so no moral presence.

But, it seems quite possible in the future they will. At that point, yes, it would be discrimination to deny them basic 'human' rights.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The nurses/doctors earn it because of their skills with humans and their knowledge of how to help. I would not let a robot take care of my family members
But someone must pay, & that bill is expensive.
Also, some of us advancing in age would rather
avoid all that unwanted human intimate care.
I'd rather have my feeding tube be handled by
a machine. Humans can visit me...but only for
social purposes.

David1967

Premium Member
Would you say it is discrimination or racism to say no to Robots in the home or in the society?

Robots to me is this.

_92935560_robot976.jpg

View attachment 37455

I think it would depend on whether we get to a point where robots are self-aware. Boy, that opens up a whole new can of worms, doesn't it?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
But someone must pay, & that bill is expensive.
Also, some of us advancing in age would rather
avoid all that unwanted human intimate care.
I'd rather have my feeding tube be handled by
a machine. Humans can visit me...but only for
social purposes.

Jack Daniels, pentobarbital and some psychedelic jazz fusion. ;)