• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it discrimination to say no to robots?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No i have not. My choice of not accepting robots in to my life has nothing to do with my with spiritual life, It is only my personal view of technology i do not wish to be in my life.
There's much to be said for trying how the other half lives.
For me, it gave a greater appreciation of the mundane things
in life, eg, headache free mornings.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There's much to be said for trying how the other half lives.
For me, it gave a greater appreciation of the mundane things
in life, eg, headache free mornings.
I dont say others should use it or not, I can only speak for me. each person has their reasons for what they do or not :)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It's fine with me to discriminate against them.
But what about non-caucasian bots?
japan759.jpg

266f64c5f8c91bccd3b66b84caceed3f.jpg

You risk having one of them tell you to bite it's shiny metal....you know.
Your pictures remind of something I've always puzzled over -- why go to all the bother of making such machines so obviously either male or female -- and in the latter case, so often with pronounced breasts, which can't really add any functionality.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Of course its ther ovens, you cannot possibly think it's mine can you ? :rolleyes:
All I know is that whenever I'm on chef duty, my oven always gets it right. Whenever my lover is on duty, the oven frequently gets it wrong.

I play it safe by pretending its the oven's fault, but the oven and I secretly know better. :rolleyes:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
All I know is that whenever I'm on chef duty, my oven always gets it right. Whenever my lover is on duty, the oven frequently gets it wrong.

I play it safe by pretending its the oven's fault, but the oven and I secretly know better. :rolleyes:

What sort of oven have you got that knows better than your other half?

Sounds like a very brave oven to me

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Your pictures remind of something I've always puzzled over -- why go to all the bother of making such machines so obviously either male or female -- and in the latter case, so often with pronounced breasts, which can't really add any functionality.
Curves are aesthetically pleasing?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If they honk when squeezed, then good enuf for me.
People have long wanted synthetic humans (to quote Bishop from Aliens).
I don't know what the fundamental drive is/are, but "way cool" is also good enuf for me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
If they honk when squeezed, then good enuf for me.
People have long wanted synthetic humans (to quote Bishop from Aliens).
I don't know what the fundamental drive is/are, but "way cool" is also good enuf for me.
Oh, I'm clear enough on why people want synthetic humans -- they're the only ones you can actually ethically compel to do your bidding (especially the naughty bidding!) That would also, of course, explain why they had to be one gender or the other.

Just imagine the benefits...something lovely, synthetically warmed to feel real, lying beneath you satisfying every craving -- while simultaneously balancing the household bank account and arranging tomorrow's engagements. A PDA with benefits!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, I'm clear enough on why people want synthetic humans -- they're the only ones you can actually ethically compel to do your bidding (especially the naughty bidding!) That would also, of course, explain why they had to be one gender or the other.

Just imagine the benefits...something lovely, synthetically warmed to feel real, lying beneath you satisfying every craving -- while simultaneously balancing the household bank account and arranging tomorrow's engagements. A PDA with benefits!
A wonderful future awaits us.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sure does.

I can't wait until my robot army comes out of backorder. I sent in enough box tops for Christ's sakes. Geez...
He looks kinder & gentler than some real cops, especially Chappie.
Robot cops wouldn't fear death, so they wouldn't be incentivized
to shoot first, & ask questions later.