• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing God

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Personally i prefer history, not biblical myth
In a sense the Bible is: 'history written in advance'
We are forewarned so that we are forearmed at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3, so to me this near-and-coming future is going to prove to be history written in advance.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Job. Not Genesis. At the end.
Yes Job, because chapter 42 is at the end of the book of Job.
Patiently in the book of Job God asked Job about 70 different questions because Job tried to justify himself - Job 32:2 B
Job reacted in a way that shows us that Job understood his limitations.
Job was humble and adjusted his viewpoint - Job 42:1-6
Please notice how in the end Job was blessed by God at Job 42:10-16

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In a sense the Bible is: 'history written in advance'
We are forewarned so that we are forearmed at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3, so to me this near-and-coming future is going to prove to be history written in advance.

No it's not.
History is not written in advance. Believing you know the future from divining a book is more akin to witchcraft... Unless it's christian of course and the its special pleading

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No it's not. History is not written in advance. Believing you know the future from divining a book is more akin to witchcraft...........

Right, under every-day circumstances history is Not written in advance.
1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 is about the coming future when the powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security..." but that Rosy saying will be leading people down that so-called Primrose Path.
Seeing past that Rosy saying will be the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 and the war to end all wars - Psalms 46:9
Then, this is when Jesus will act ushering in global Peace on Earth.
As it is written, so it shall be, nothing to do with witchcraft.
It is as good as already done. As if already history told in advance.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thought experiment:

God grants you an interview - an exclusive interview

And let's say time is a factor, that you have only 30 minutes of his time

And he says he is not going to give anyone another one for over 100 years......

What do you ask him?

To be honest, I would not ask anything. God would know what I am in "need" of to go on in the spiritual journey that life is. So if God see in my being what would have to change God would only tell me to seek deeper.
Prayer give this kind of answers (in my case anyway)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Right, under every-day circumstances history is Not written in advance.
1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 is about the coming future when the powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security..." but that Rosy saying will be leading people down that so-called Primrose Path.
Seeing past that Rosy saying will be the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 and the war to end all wars - Psalms 46:9
Then, this is when Jesus will act ushering in global Peace on Earth.
As it is written, so it shall be, nothing to do with witchcraft.
It is as good as already done. As if already history told in advance.

In your opinion.

They said ww1 was the war to end all wars and look what happened next. . . ww2...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In your opinion.
They said ww1 was the war to end all wars and look what happened next. . . ww2...
Wrong calculations does not make the Bible as wrong, just makes the calculations as wrong.
The League of Nations disappeared coming back as the United Nations - Revelation 17:8,11 the symbolic 8th king.
As it was written so it came to be.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To be honest, I would not ask anything. God would know what I am in "need" of to go on in the spiritual journey that life is. So if God see in my being what would have to change God would only tell me to seek deeper. Prayer give this kind of answers (in my case anyway)

Besides prayer, I find the Bible's message (Revelation 22:2) and good association to help one dig deeper.
Seek God as found at Zephaniah 2:3 to be meek (humble) observe His righteous decrees, seek righteousness.....

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Besides prayer, I find the Bible's message (Revelation 22:2) and good association to help one dig deeper.
Seek God as found at Zephaniah 2:3 to be meek (humble) observe His righteous decrees, seek righteousness.....
Yes, that is similar to my view too.
As a believer i hold the view that to understand God one has to end the speech of lies, and only speak the truth. But many may fear hurting others if they speak the truth in difficult times.
So the wisdom each person holds do not fully arise before we only speak the truth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, that is similar to my view too.
As a believer i hold the view that to understand God one has to end the speech of lies, and only speak the truth.
But many may fear hurting others if they speak the truth in difficult times.
So the wisdom each person holds do not fully arise before we only speak the truth.
Yes, Jesus advocated truth ( including religious truth meaning Scripture - John 17:17 )
It is one thing to Not be painfully honest when speaking to another about personal matters, but a whole other thing to hold back religious truth in difficult times when the unpopular weighty message is great like a hail stone - Revelation 16:21

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Thought experiment:
God grants you an interview - an exclusive interview
And let's say time is a factor, that you have only 30 minutes of his time
And he says he is not going to give anyone another one for over 100 years......
What do you ask him?
That would make me very nervous. First of all, I know that God can give me all the time I need to talk to Him now. Which makes me very happy. He answers my questions as He knows what I need.

YoursTrue

I think I might ask why He lied to Adam.

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

But Adam did not die -- nor did Eve.

And my supplementary question would be, "why did you think that knowledge of good and evil was bad for us?"
They died. The death penalty was passed the day they ate from the tree. They were as good as dead when they ate from it.
If a parent tells a child, "The day you take the family car without permission, you will not be allowed to ever drive that car." Doesn't mean only that day.
God told Adam, "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Shall (shalt) indicates the future, not the very day they ate from the tree. But they were then heading inexorably toward their deaths. No turning back.

YoursTrue

I think I might ask why He lied to Adam.

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

But Adam did not die -- nor did Eve.

And my supplementary question would be, "why did you think that knowledge of good and evil was bad for us?"
You think mankind has that knowledge without hurting itself?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Wrong calculations does not make the Bible as wrong, just makes the calculations as wrong.
The League of Nations disappeared coming back as the United Nations - Revelation 17:8,11 the symbolic 8th king.

The wrong calculation is in the bible, i.e. it made a statement that is wrong

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
They died. The death penalty was passed the day they ate from the tree. They were as good as dead when they ate from it.
If a parent tells a child, "The day you take the family car without permission, you will not be allowed to ever drive that car." Doesn't mean only that day.
God told Adam, "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Shall (shalt) indicates the future, not the very day they ate from the tree. But they were then heading inexorably toward their deaths. No turning back.
Pleading...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm looking forward to the future as revealed in the Bible. In other words, we'll see, maybe, if we're alive.
I think we will see that future as revealed in the Bible with No maybe's about it.
Because the dead will see because they will have a future resurrection - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
And the living figurative 'sheep and goats' at Jesus' coming Glory Time will witness this future - Matthew 25:31-34.
However, the figurative goats, and all wicked persons, will Not be around to enjoy this paradisical future.

- Psalms 37:38; Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; 2 Peter 3:9