• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing God

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You are welcome to your view, and after that comment i shall be more decerning answeing you posts, because It's just possible you are giving your opinion and not fact

I don't think it's unreasonable to include "I believe" or "in my opinion" when stating one's personal religious beliefs rather than giving the impression that the beliefs are absolute facts. In my personal opinion, emphatically declaring that there is only one God or even several gods is a misleading statement because there is no empirical or verifiable evidence to substantiate the existence of one God or several gods. Having said that, I don't believe that the existence of the biblical God or other deities can be proven or disproved. In my personal opinion, I believe that we—meaning you, me, and everyone else (including Christians)—make decisions on whether or not to believe in God, in other deities, or in anything else supernatural based on the limited knowledge that we have. Christians and other Abrahamic theists, in my opinion, prefer to believe in the possibility of one God, whereas I prefer to believe in the possibility of many different gods. Personally, I believe that it's important for me to be clear that I cannot honestly prove the existence of any gods.

The following paragraphs are what I wrote in my previous post (the original post is here).

I'm an agnostic, not an atheist, when it comes to the biblical God. I'm an agnostic, not an atheist, because I cannot honestly prove or disprove the existence of any gods or goddesses, and that includes the God of the Bible. To be honest, I can't say with certainty that I know that any deities exist or don't exist because I'm not all-knowing and all-powerful, and I can't transcend time and be in all places at once to prove or disprove the existence of deities. I believe in multiple gods because I'm inclined to believe in the supernatural, and I have my reasons for believing as I do. I wouldn't be honest with myself or with others if I said that there aren't any gods that exist.

In my opinion, if the biblical God doesn't exist, then my sincere belief and devout faith as a Christian were in vain, and I prayed to thin air. However, if this God does in fact exist, then as far as I'm concerned, he is a cold-blooded, sadistic, insane, and abhorrent monster—exactly the antithesis of what Christians claim he is and believe about him (loving, just, merciful, and a "heavenly father"). I believe that if God is real, then he obviously doesn't give a damn about me or think I'm worth the trouble of saving because he allowed me to endure years of being badly abused and neglected, as well as being relentlessly bullied while I was growing up. It's obvious to me that God turned a blind eye to me being severely abused and bullied and willfully ignored all of my prayers pleading with him to save me.

It's my belief that no one—not me, you, or anyone else—can empirically or independently demonstrate whether God or any kind of deity is real or not. No human being has ever searched across all of space and time to give verifiable and empirical proof for the existence of deities since humans lack omniscience, omnipotence, and the capacity to exist everywhere at once. In my opinion, we—meaning you, me, and everyone else (including Christians)—make decisions on whether or not to believe in God, in other gods, or in anything else supernatural based on the limited knowledge that we have. Moreover, I believe that any claims made by Christians that "God saved me and changed my life" or "I sense God's hand in my life, so I know he is real" are anecdotal evidence and don't meet the criteria for empirical and verifiable proof, just as my belief in multiple deities is only supported by anecdotal evidence and doesn't satisfy the criteria for empirical and verifiable evidence either. I believe in many gods, while Christians choose to believe in one God.

As a Wiccan and polytheist, I believe in multiple gods and goddesses, but I am unable to provide empirical and verifiable evidence of their existence. I can't prove their existence because I'm not omniscient and omnipotent, and I can't be ever-present everywhere to know without a doubt that they actually exist. And while I can't prove that these gods and goddesses exist, I still choose to believe because I believe in the supernatural, and I have personal reasons for my beliefs. By the same token, I cannot provide empirical and verifiable evidence that the God of the Bible does not exist, just as when I was a Christian, I could not provide empirical and verifiable evidence that God exists. And this is why I am an agnostic and not an atheist when it comes to the existence of the Christian God.

Regarding my adherence to spiritualism, I have many years of personal experience as a psychic medium and have accumulated evidence as a paranormal investigator to substantiate my beliefs in it. My psychic mediumship abilities to communicate and interact with the dead have been confirmed by people I've never met or seen before who have witnessed me reveal personal information to them previously known only to them and their deceased loved ones. In addition to validating my spiritualist beliefs through my personal interactions with human spirits, I've also researched and investigated the paranormal over the past fifteen years, traveled across the country to investigate well-known and rumored haunted locations, and collaborated with other paranormal investigators to assist their investigations into numerous haunted locations. Furthermore, using my own personal ghost-hunting equipment, I've accumulated evidence of my encounters as well as other paranormal activity, and much of my evidence has been examined and validated by other people (paranormal investigators and skeptics alike) whom I've either met in person or corresponded with online.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
I, obviously, don't speak for everyone.
The acceptance of Homosexuality and such behaviour is the breakdown of civilisation not the foundation.
Look for eg at Sam Smiths unholy performance, that is your modern representative of the Queer community.
Is that civilised.

Viker

Häxan
The acceptance of Homosexuality and such behaviour is the breakdown of civilisation not the foundation.
Look for eg at Sam Smiths unholy performance, that is your modern representative of the Queer community.
Is that civilised.
Not really. There's so many other actual things that lead to the collapse of any civilization. Homosexuality just provides yet another hapless but convenient scapegoat for those most responsible for it's demise.

Viker

Häxan
Is that civilised.
I don't watch such things as music awards, BTW. I'm just not a fan of Sam Smith. He's not metal enough for my tastes.

Now, Rob Halford.... he's all metal all the time.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
I don't watch such things as music awards, BTW. I'm just not a fan of Sam Smith. He's not metal enough for my tastes.

Now, Rob Halford.... he's all metal all the time.
I did not watch it either but I don’t live in a cave, I’m sure your aware of the performance

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Not really. There's so many other actual things that lead to the collapse of any civilization. Homosexuality just provides yet another hapless but convenient scapegoat for those most responsible for it's demise.
Of coarse there are other things, but they were not being discussed at present.

Viker

Häxan
I did not watch it either but I don’t live in a cave, I’m sure your aware of the performance
I've heard about it. Rob Halford and his band, Judas' Priest, just recently were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, finally... some justice.

Viker

Häxan
Of coarse there are other things, but they were not being discussed at present.
Look. I know you need scapegoats. You yourself likely will never admit you're part of the problems that crop up in a civilization. But, the whole gays and/or Jews did it thing is getting tired. How about personal responsibility? How about economic disparity? How about environmental ruin? How about those that build a civilization often inadvertently set in motion it's demise? How about all of us play a role that leads to that conclusion?

Homosexuality is sainthood.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
What about it, same thing
The point I'm making is, in the english it's saying that one or both of the individuals is pretending to be something they're not. Based solely on the limitations of an english translation, as long as they're manly men, doing manly things, there's no real transgression.

Big picture, if you're going to quote a verse, quote it completely.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Look. I know you need scapegoats. You yourself likely will never admit you're part of the problems that crop up in a civilization. But, the whole gays and/or Jews did it thing is getting tired. How about personal responsibility? How about economic disparity? How about environmental ruin? How about those that build a civilization often inadvertently set in motion it's demise? How about all of us play a role that leads to that conclusion?

Homosexuality is sainthood.

there are a multitude of issues, but again we were not discussing them.
Homosexuality is a sickness, a mental illness like Autism or Down Syndrome.
Opposite sex attraction is how we are designed by nature, if your attracted to the same sex there is obviously a flaw in your physical make up.
Why should we pretend that it’s not an error in a persons design, why are we expected to lie.

We all have faults, we all contribute to societies problems, however we make attempts to correct the problems and we do not deny our flaws.

we do not pretend our flaws are normal and try to force others to believe lies created to make individuals feel better.

Homosexuality = denial

Viker

Häxan
there are a multitude of issues, but again we were not discussing them.
Homosexuality is a sickness, a mental illness like Autism or Down Syndrome.
Opposite sex attraction is how we are designed by nature, if your attracted to the same sex there is obviously a flaw in your physical make up.
Why should we pretend that it’s not an error in a persons design, why are we expected to lie.

We all have faults, we all contribute to societies problems, however we make attempts to correct the problems and we do not deny our flaws.

we do not pretend our flaws are normal and try to force others to believe lies created to make individuals feel better.

Homosexuality = denial
Character flaws are not something we're born with like autism and down syndrome.

But bigotry and ignorance may be mental illness, like psychopathy, perhaps.

The worst case of denial is ignorance.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Character flaws are not something we're born with like autism and down syndrome.

But bigotry and ignorance may be mental illness, like psychopathy, perhaps.

The worst case of denial is ignorance.
We are designed with sexual organs, and chemicals that attract the opposite sex.
If a small minority are not functioning according to their nature, it’s clearly and obviously a flaw.
It is the very height of ignorance to deny facts.
Men and woman are designed physically and mentally to be together, to deny that is bigotry

Viker

Häxan
We are designed with sexual organs, and chemicals that attract the opposite sex.
If a small minority are not functioning according to their nature, it’s clearly and obviously a flaw.
It is the very height of ignorance to deny facts.
Men and woman are designed physically and mentally to be together, to deny that is bigotry
Not denying anything over here.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Next 100000 amputees will march through the city saying having 1 limb missing is normal.
We know we should have all our limbs, that’s how we are designed, should we deny that truth.
Should we create a new normal to please them.