• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing God

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Thought experiment:

God grants you an interview - an exclusive interview

And let's say time is a factor, that you have only 30 minutes of his time

And he says he is not going to give anyone another one for over 100 years......

What do you ask him?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
How's it going?

I dont know. Kinda would feel put on the spot if a god did that and forget any questions I might want to ask.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thought experiment:

What do you ask him?

What's the game with childhood leukemia?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
  1. How would you characterize your relationships with other gods? Any specific relationships you'd like to highlight? Why or why not?
  2. An entity such as yourself is so entirely beyond comprehension that understanding is impossible. Why should some members of the human species continue feeble, pathetic, and futile attempts to grasp the transcendent and numinous? Would it make more sense to pursue that which is within one's station?
Good enough, I guess. Not really my god, so I'm less interested in what they might have to say.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I honestly don't know. I've stopped wondering why God does things a while ago and instead have just been accepting things as they are, trusting God has a reason for them. I was thinking of maybe asking God, "Am I living the correct way?" but I already suspect His answer would be something along the lines of "If it feels right to you"

PureX

Veteran Member
I think I'd want to hold off on this interview until just before I die. I suspect that living is much better when we don't know the answers to many of the questions we would ask of God.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I assume you're talking about the Biblical God...

I'm not really that interested in him(and I don't think he's very interested in me). The only questions I can think of would be:

Do you eat stuff? If so, what do you like to eat?

What happened between you and Asherah?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Lets assume he give me a heads up first so i dont feel put on the spot. My questions:
Of which religion are you from? Do you care about the people? Are you all powerful?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Thought experiment:

What do you ask him?

Well, since Jesus already answered, why would any one who listened to Jesus ask? Unless they were like those he referred to at John 6.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Well, since Jesus already answered, why would any one who listened to Jesus ask? Unless they were like those he referred to at John 6.
Jesus never gave explicit statements about such relevant issues as homosexuality or abortion

So it would be good to get some clarity on these issues

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Thought experiment:

What do you ask him?

Well, since I don't believe Yahweh exists, I would be like, "WOW YOU EXIST I WAS WRONG ALL ALONG!!!" Then probably just stare in awe for fifteen minutes. The next fifteen minutes I would probably ask him, "What religion is the right one?" "How do I get to Heaven?" "Why haven't you properly revealed yourself to anyone?" "What is the meaning of human life?"

If the God was the Synverse, I would probably be like, "Wow, so The Omniverse is already conscious." And it would just confirm all of my biases already, except, God already exists and I'd probably be like, "How do I get closer to you?" "How do I leave the Universe?" "Will humans prevent the death of the Universal synverse and stop heat death?" "Will I be resurrected eventually?"

A big part of my questions would be based on what God you are talking about. Obviously, if it were revealed that Yahweh was God, I would have different questions than if The Synverse was God. And it were something else I would be like, "really? Humans had it wrong all along?"

God is a ubiquitous term. It's hard to tell you what I'd ask if you don't tell me what God you are referring to.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What's the game with childhood leukemia?
I find God already answered the ^ above ^ in the Bible book of Job.
Sinner Satan challenges all of us. 'Touch our flesh....' (loose physical health) and we would not serve God - Job 2:4-5
Right off the bat God promised to send a 'seed' (Messiah) to undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought to us.
Messiah is what the first prophecy at Genesis 3:15 is all about.
The passing of time is needed for humanity to be born and think who should be Sovereign.
Remember the reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and bring ' HEALING ' to earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
HEALING to the point that No one will say, " I am sick.... " - Isaiah 33:24
Earth and its people will be 'happy-and-healthy' as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I would ask Him, "how am I doing?", but I wouldn't expect an answer that I could understand.

I would ask Him anyway.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
What do you ask him?

I would question God as to why he holds humanity, Lucifer, and the other fallen angels responsible for how poorly his creation turned out and why he, as the alleged omnipotent and omniscient creator, believes that claiming "free will" is a genuinely honest answer for an omnipotent and omniscient God like him to fallback on. I'd also ask him why he thought it was morally responsible to repopulate the world with the same type of flawed humans after feeling regret for creating humanity, drowning every living person (except for one man and his family) in a global flood, and then commanding that his own son die a horrific death on a cross as a blood sacrifice to redeem humanity. Finally, I'd like to ask him if he turns a blind eye or watches as people are murdered in cold blood, when adults and children die traumatic deaths or die of a deadly disease or virus, when women are violently raped, or when helpless young children and teenagers are severely abused or are molested and raped by his devoted followers (Catholic priests and other Christians). I think that these inquiries would be a good start, but I doubt the biblical God would accept responsibility for his own mistakes and failures.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I think I might ask why He lied to Adam.

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

But Adam did not die -- nor did Eve.

And my supplementary question would be, "why did you think that knowledge of good and evil was bad for us?"