• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing God

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you think so, despite the totally unequal kill count
Every dead person considered as righteous or unrighteous will have a resurrection - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Only if a person is classed as wicked will they be destroyed. Destroyed forever - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Will be? Will undo?

Yup, as in future tense ' will be, will undo '..........
That is why the 'future tense' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there 'is going to be' a resurrection......
After being resurrected the person has the opportunity to never die again but continue to live forever.
Sure, some are called to Heaven like those of Luke 22:28-30, but the majority of mankind are offered to live forever, gain everlasting life on Earth. A beautiful paradisical Earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Every dead person considered as righteous or unrighteous will have a resurrection - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Only if a person is classed as wicked will they be destroyed. Destroyed forever - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35

You forgot to put "in my opinion";

You have absolutely no proof to back you up.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yup, as in future tense ' will be, will undo '..........
That is why the 'future tense' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there 'is going to be' a resurrection......
After being resurrected the person has the opportunity to never die again but continue to live forever.
Sure, some are called to Heaven like those of Luke 22:28-30, but the majority of mankind are offered to live forever, gain everlasting life on Earth. A beautiful paradisical Earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

Again forgetting "in my opinion" is a sin against typical intelligence of RF posters

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Again forgetting "in my opinion" is a sin against typical intelligence of RF posters
The truth is that those who use "I think," "I feel," or "In my opinion" are simply not taken as seriously as those who do not. I have deliberately eliminated those phrases from my forum posts because of this.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The truth is that those who use "I think," "I feel," or "In my opinion" are simply not taken as seriously as those who do not. I have deliberately eliminated those phrases from my forum posts because of this.

In some cases it is necessary, particularly when making a statement as fact that is not actually fact but ... You guessed it ... Opinion

And in such cases i feet the poster is actually being truthful

IndigoChild5559

In some cases it is necessary, particularly when making a statement as fact that is not actually fact but ... You guessed it ... Opinion

And in such cases i feet the poster is actually being truthful
No, I disagree. MOST of the claims we make are not factual, meaning they are not proven. It puts you at a disadvantage if you state your idea using "I think" or "In my opinion..." For example, I dont' say "In my opinion there is a God." I say "God exists."

I notice that you yourself in the above quote do not state that your idea is your opinion. You don't even take your own advice.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No, I disagree. MOST of the claims we make are not factual, meaning they are not proven. It puts you at a disadvantage if you state your idea using "I think" or "In my opinion..." For example, I dont' say "In my opinion there is a God." I say "God exists."

I notice that you yourself in the above quote do not state that your idea is your opinion. You don't even take your own advice.

Can you prove your god exists. No, therefore the statement is your opinion,
Sometimes they are presented as factual.

And as @Sgt. Pepper said, it can be a violation of rule 8

What i say can usually be verified externally, when that is not so i will write "i believe"

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Saying "I believe..." or "... in my opinion" is redundant during debate.

We all know these things mean the same thing as simply saying "God exists". Most people believe the things they are saying, unless willingly trying to create humor out of a situation. "I believe" and "in my opinion" are unnecessary because these words are implied by making statements, especially those that regard spirituality or theology. If you cannot read the proper context of a situation and realize this already, that's your problem, not theirs.

Simply saying "God exists" or "the Bible is true" is not necessarily trying to convert someone, but rather, it's self-apparently trying to explain a position. Does the Bible ever say those things? Of course not, and the Bible is literally on this website. If the Bible can actively say things that go against the proselytization rule, why can't average ordinary people who believe it say or quote the exact same thing?

"In my opinion, I believe sloppy joe's is the best tasting food. It is my belief that blue is the best color. I believe that Seal is the best singer, but, in my opinion, Martin Page is the greatest musician of all time."

"Sloppy Joe's is the best tasting food. Blue is the best color. Seal is the best singer, and Martin Page is the greatest musician of all time."

Which one of these paragraphs, that essentially mean the exact same thing, sounds better to you?

IndigoChild5559

Can you prove your god exists. No, therefore the statement is your opinion,
Sometimes they are presented as factual.

And as @Sgt. Pepper said, it can be a violation of rule 8

What i say can usually be verified externally, when that is not so i will write "i believe"
That's not the point. The point is that I will not use the phrase "In my opinion" when I text because people take me less seriously.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That's not the point. The point is that I will not use the phrase "In my opinion" when I text because people take me less seriously.

You are welcome to your view, and after that comment i shall be more decerning answeing you posts, because It's just possible you are giving your opinion and not fact

IndigoChild5559

You are welcome to your view, and after that comment i shall be more decerning answeing you posts, because It's just possible you are giving your opinion and not fact
Just as you have expressed your opinion in this thread, without saying it was your opinion.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Just as you have expressed your opinion in this thread, without saying it was your opinion.

Just as I have stated, where my posts have a validated source I don't. If my post is my opinion i state " i believe" (orn" i understand")
So not my opinion

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Just as I have stated, where my posts have a validated source I don't. If my post is my opinion i state " i believe" (orn" i understand")
So not my opinion

When stating their religious beliefs, members are required to use the words "I believe" or "In my opinion," which is in accordance with Rule 8. There are rules on this forum for a reason, and members confirmed that they would abide by them when they joined. I don't think it's a wise decision for me to "thumb my nose" at the forum rules because I don't like or approve of them. In my opinion, it is a matter of personal honor for me to keep my word and follow the rules I agreed to when I joined. My honor means something to me.

ChristineM

Premium Member
When stating their religious beliefs, members are required to use the words "I believe" or "In my opinion," which is in accordance with Rule 8. There are rules on this forum for a reason, and members confirmed that they would abide by them when they joined. I don't think it's a wise decision for me to "thumb my nose" at the forum rules because I don't like or approve of them. In my opinion, it is a matter of personal honor for me to keep my word and follow the rules I agreed to when I joined. My honor means something to me.

Very well said.

IndigoChild5559

So not my opinion
But you didn't do that. You definitely stated what was an opinion, and you didn't say "I believe" or any qualifier.