• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing God

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Prophecy is not history, prophecy is guess that can occasionally be construed as correct with the right amount of twisting facts.

Interesting how all god belivers seem to know the mind of their unknowable god.

We are living as the result of greed, a human trait, no god needed
Well, let me put it this way. Even in the Bible, not all prophets were true prophets, meaning they did not tell the future properly. So in that sense you are right. And yes, we, the human race, are certainly living in this world filled with greed and lies and violence.

YoursTrue

Or you vould say mammals are generally greedy and adam and eve are mythical figures created so give an explanation of life to ignorant people.
I was thinking about that recently. I do think, you know. Anyway, first let me say that despite the theory of evolution, I really do believe the human race started about 6000 years ago, by God's decree. After He made the earth and growing things and animals. He said, "Let us make man in our image." So...(1) I am not going to contest the description and (2) He made man different from the animals. But there are times the Bible calls attention to the great abilities of animals, too. They obviously can do things we cannot do.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
For one thing, ancient Israel was never in the international slave-trade business.
A woman was considered as innocent when she screamed when being attacked by a rapist.

What has International to do with it?

Deuteronomy 20:13-14 says different

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What has International to do with it?
Deuteronomy 20:13-14 says different

Israel was never in the slave-trade business as the United States southern south was.
I see chapter 20 of Deuteronomy starts out about God's enemies.
At Deuteronomy 20:10-11 first there was a warning given to the people (I think these were the Canaanites )
Yes, there were ' war brides ' (Deuteronomy 21:10-14) they did Not deserve to be killed but married as wives.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Israel was never in the slave-trade business as the United States southern south was.
I see chapter 20 of Deuteronomy starts out about God's enemies.
At Deuteronomy 20:10-11 first there was a warning given to the people (I think these were the Canaanites )
Yes, there were ' war brides ' (Deuteronomy 21:10-14) they did Not deserve to be killed but married as wives.

Who said it was in the slave business?

You mean people who did not bow down to the Abrahamic god but instead had their own gods.

Oh cool a warning, bow to our god or die.

So killing a family father's, husbands sons then taking the women to be "brides" is ok?

Do you really think a woman who has just seen her loved ones butchered will be willing to marry the murderer? No, it therefore becomes sex slavery.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was thinking about that recently. I do think, you know. Anyway, first let me say that despite the theory of evolution, I really do believe the human race started about 6000 years ago, by God's decree. After He made the earth and growing things and animals. He said, "Let us make man in our image." So...(1) I am not going to contest the description and (2) He made man different from the animals. But there are times the Bible calls attention to the great abilities of animals, too. They obviously can do things we cannot do.
There are cities older than that. Damascus is 11,000 years old. You need to stop believing the fairy tales in the Bible.

Do you believe the Noah's Ark myth too?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You mean people who did not bow down to the Abrahamic god but instead had their own gods.
So killing a family father's, husbands sons then taking the women to be "brides" is ok?
Do you really think a woman who has just seen her loved ones butchered will be willing to marry the murderer? No, it therefore becomes sex slavery.

Israel was never part of any slave-trade business as many think of slavery today.
The pagan nations who 'burned their children to their gods' was never authorized by the God of the Bible.
Children were never meant to be sacrificed as food for their idols.
- Ezekiel 23:37; Jeremiah 32;35; 2 Chronicles 28:3

Who knows those 'war brides' could have ended up as a sacrifice to pagan gods if those enemies were not stopped.
Without becoming 'war brides' (wife) those woman would have had No protection.
They could Not fend for themselves on their own.
It gave them the opportunity to live, marry and have a family of their own.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There are cities older than that. Damascus is 11,000 years old. You need to stop believing the fairy tales in the Bible..................

Surprise to me to read Damascus is 11,000 year old !
Would you please post where that information is found.
Since you mentioned Noah's Ark, of course what was perishable is long gone, but it would not be a surprise if pre-flood stone artifacts were found.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Have you actually read the bible, the OT where it teaches death and genocide, rape and slavery?

After renunciating my Christian faith and belief in God, I reread the Bible, and I feel like I was gullible to ever believe that the God of the Bible was loving and merciful, let alone morally righteous. I used to hold humanity and the devil accountable for all the evil in the world, as many Christians do, and I refused to accept that God was morally responsible for the world going to hell in a handbasket.

In my opinion, the biblical God is the polar opposite of the term "holy." For instance, 1 Samuel 15:3 states that God commanded the Israelites to attack and not spare the Amalekites (killing every man, woman, child, newborn, and animal and destroying everything that belonged to them). And Psalm 137:9 states, "Happy is the one who seizes your children and smashes them against the rocks." And this article, "Violence in the Bible: Greatest Hits," has several other instances of severe violence in the Bible. So much for "Thou shalt not kill." In my opinion, the God of the Bible has a sadistic and psychopathic mentality of "Do as I say, not as I do," making him the most hypocritical (detestable and barbarous) figure known to mankind. As an ex-Christian, I no longer consider the Bible to be the infallible and inerrant "Word of God." Now I believe that it is riddled with contradictions and that the stories about Jesus were either embellished by his devout followers or copied from Greek mythology and other pagan religions to make him appear to be a god.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Not like the slavery of the deep south was.
Married as wife is Not sex slavery.
Those women would not have been able to care for themselves.
- Deuteronomy 21:10-14 <- They had a period of mourning.
Marriage gave those ' war brides ' the opportunity to live and have their own family.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not like the slavery of the deep south was.
Married as wife is Not sex slavery.
Those women would not have been able to care for themselves.
- Deuteronomy 21:10-14 <- They had a period of mourning.
Marriage gave those ' war brides ' the opportunity to live and have their own family.

It is if the victim is unwilling

Had their families not been massacred at gods command there would be no need to care for themselves l. But i think such a statement to be very derogatory towards wonen. Wonwn are just as capable of looking after themselves as men.

Oh and they had families before god saw to it that they didn't

YoursTrue

Since you mentioned Noah's Ark, of course what was perishable is long gone, but it would not be a surprise if pre-flood stone artifacts were found.
I'd be interested too to see where it is said the city is 11,000 years old. Wikipedia and UNESCO says the ancient city of Damascus was founded in the 3rd millennium B.C.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'd be interested too to see where it is said the city is 11,000 years old. Wikipedia and UNESCO says the ancient city of Damascus was founded in the 3rd millennium B.C.

I suggest you read the rest of the UNESCO piece

The old city of Damascus is considered to be among the oldest continually inhabited cities in the world. Excavations at Tell Ramad on the outskirts of the city have demonstrated that Damascus was inhabited as early as 8,000 to 10,000 BC.​

Ancient City of Damascus.
Could make the origins of the city even older still at 12000 years old

YoursTrue

It is if the victim is unwilling

Had their families not been massacred at gods command there would be no need to care for themselves l. But i think such a statement to be very derogatory towards wonen. Wonwn are just as capable of looking after themselves as men.

Oh and they had families before god saw to it that they didn't
God was not working with perfect civilizations. Plus more and more I listen to arguments against what the Bible says, the more convinced I am that the Bible has the truthful and best, most accurate description. We would not be in this sad and deplorable condition of mankind were it not for Adam and Eve. And Jehovah permitting mankind to dominate mankind to its injury. He allowed them to live and produce children. Cain killed Abel, immediate offspring of Adam and Eve, our forebearers. He will not, however, allow it forever.

YoursTrue

I suggest you read the rest of the UNESCO piece

The old city of Damascus is considered to be among the oldest continually inhabited cities in the world. Excavations at Tell Ramad on the outskirts of the city have demonstrated that Damascus was inhabited as early as 8,000 to 10,000 BC.​

Ancient City of Damascus.
Could make the origins of the city even older still at 12000 years old
Again, the dating of the artifacts are in question as far as I'm concerned. Not as far as you're concerned.

ChristineM

Premium Member
God was not working with perfect civilizations. Plus more and more I listen to arguments against what the Bible says, the more convinced I am that the Bible has the truthful and best, most accurate description. We would not be in this sad and deplorable condition of mankind were it not for Adam and Eve. And Jehovah permitting mankind to dominate mankind to its injury. He allowed them to live and produce children. Cain killed Abel, immediate offspring of Adam and Eve, our forebearers. He will not, however, allow it forever.

You have DNA evidence i presum?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

If you want to know how we know that there never was such a flood I would need your personal version of the flood first. Do you that God is a liar?