• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #11: Adding Two New Ratings

Please See OP Before Responding to Poll

• Yes, I want to add an "Agree" and an "Interesting" rating.

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • It does not matter to me whether or not the two new ratings are added.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • No, I do not want to add an "Agree" and an "Interesting" rating.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

As you know, there are eight "ratings" currently available for use by members. "Like", "Funny", "Winner", etc. Do you want to make that ten ratings by adding both an "Agree" and an "Interesting" rating while keeping all the existing ratings, including the "Like" rating?

Please pick which one of these three options is closest to the truth. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

OPTION ONE: Yes, I want to add an "Agree" and an "Interesting" rating.

OPTION TWO: It does not matter to me whether or not the two new ratings are added.

OPTION THREE: No, I do not want to add an "Agree" and an "Interesting" rating.

PureX

Veteran Member
An "agree" option might be quite useful. But I think "interesting" is too vague. Isn't the point of these things to clarify our reactions?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I voted "No."

If anything, I would prefer replacing "Like" with "Agree."
As for "Interesting," how do you see this as different from "Informative"?

I was thinking about that. One thing to keep in mind though. That if the Like button is taken away, that people don’t lose their Like frubals. Because such a thing could reduce everyone’s frubal count by 40-50%, which might be a little different for people.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
@Sunstone Making categories is hard. Can we zoom out and ask why you're pursuing the rejiggering of the frubal categories? I can imagine some possible good reasons, but I'd like to understand your "why?" behind these polls.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Emphasizing negatives would be wildly overused and wasteful. But the more positive expressions the better.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I was thinking about that. One thing to keep in mind though. That if the Like button is taken away, that people don’t lose their Like frubals. Because such a thing could reduce everyone’s frubal count by 40-50%, which might be a little different for people.
If I was invested in my rating count I would petition our leaders to add an "Irritating" rating. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hence the suggestion for the interesting rating.
A question about any proposed change....
Is it really going to enhance things or solve a problem?
Or create a problem?
To add <interesting> seems useful.
To lose <like> seems a step backward cuz it's very flexible.

Meh....whatever you guys do, I'll cope with it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
A question about any proposed change....
Is it really going to enhance things or solve a problem?
Or create a problem?
To add <interesting> seems useful.
To lose <like> seems a step backward cuz it's very flexible.

Meh....whatever you guys do, I'll cope with it.

I'm not sure I'd agree with replacing the 'like' rating. There are posts that I've liked that I haven't necessarily agreed with or found interesting. I would have to spend several sleepless weeks combing through the forum to change all of those ratings to something else.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if 'interesting' is all that useful (;) frubal puns), but I think 'agree' might be good.