• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How will religions cope after alien contact?

chinu

chinu
How do you think religions (and I'm not just talking about Judaism, Islam and Christianity, but also Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, and Neopaganism among others) will fare if aliens landed on earth tomorrow?

Do you think they will see the aliens as angels or devils? Or people who need converting? Will it damage some, or all religions?

How do you think they would fare if the aliens were incredibly religious beings, with their own religious scriptures and prayers and so on, as opposed to incredibly scientific and hateful of religion?

It is written in GGS
"Bhai prapat manukh dehuria, Govind milan ki eah teri varia" -# GGS

English: " Now you have got this human body, and now this is your chance to be one with God"

It is very clearly stated in GGS that human form is the king of species because this is a chance to be one with "God",

Yes! the life on other planets is possible but aliens can never be intelligent than man because man is king of species as stated in some holy books or GGS, or it is the last step of "Soul" to be one with "God", so nobody can be better than Humans.

If aliens are preasent anywhere in some other glaxy, either they can be same as man, otherwise they are like animals like dinasoures years back which were preasent on this earth, or any new earth must be devloping anywhere in this universe.

_/\_
Chinu

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
What about an orchestrated, artificial contact? You know the conspiracy theory: In an effort to establish a NWO the appearance of aliens would be projected to the masses and confirmed by major governments to rally people together in fear, desiring the protection of a world wide big brother.

You mean the same way Bush did us when he decided to go to war with Iraq?

TJ73

Yes, but now on a world wide scale, where the fear du jour is not a group within our own kind but a specter from beyond our human family to which we must all rally behind world leadership to protect our own kind.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As I said before, alien contact is nothing new. We have numerous historical examples:

This kind of contact occurred all the time as expanding civilizations or anthropological expeditions encountered "stone age" cultures.
At least with space aliens we understand the concept of technology and materials science. Primitive cultures had none of these concepts, so the aliens (ourselves) must have seemed even more astonishing than little green men would seem to us.

No need to speculate, then. Just look back at history.

TJ73

As I said before, alien contact is nothing new. We have numerous historical examples:

This kind of contact occurred all the time as expanding civilizations or anthropological expeditions encountered "stone age" cultures.
At least with space aliens we understand the concept of technology and materials science. Primitive cultures had none of these concepts, so the aliens (ourselves) must have seemed even more astonishing than little green men would seem to us.

No need to speculate, then. Just look back at history.
That reminds me of another one: that the aliens are actually time travelers of our own origin.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
How will aliens cope with religious contact?

Or more seriously, what if aliens come with some kind of proof for the existence or non-existence of a god?

TJ73

Or more seriously, what if aliens come with some kind of proof for the existence or non-existence of a god?
Now that would be something else! Either way a serious mind bender, more so than the aliens themselves.

gzusfrk

Christian
How do you think religions (and I'm not just talking about Judaism, Islam and Christianity, but also Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, and Neopaganism among others) will fare if aliens landed on earth tomorrow?

Do you think they will see the aliens as angels or devils? Or people who need converting? Will it damage some, or all religions?

How do you think they would fare if the aliens were incredibly religious beings, with their own religious scriptures and prayers and so on, as opposed to incredibly scientific and hateful of religion?
I have no problem with aliens, however if they land in the usa they need to understand our freedom of religion policy.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
mathmatically they cannot be denied.

the universe is way to big for us to be the only life forms who have left there rock

a star for every grain of sand on every beach is the size were talking about.

If we are here, then they are there.
I'm glade you think that. i'm glade others think that too.
until I see a little green man coming out of his pod in central London. I'll focus on more constructive astronomical information. such as methane production on Mars. the joint American-European mission to Mars we are facing. etc.
Aliens? I'll save that for Spielberg and for spare time entertainment.

Levite

Higher and Higher

I'm guessing that, unless the aliens are either violent and harming people, or themselves Jewish, Judaism is probably not going to bother much about them, theologically speaking.

outhouse

Atheistically
until I see a little green man coming out of his pod in central London. I'll focus on more constructive astronomical information. such as methane production on Mars. the joint American-European mission to Mars we are facing. etc.

Thats fine and nothing wrong with that at all.

Im not sure we have ever been visited by aliens themselves. UFO's that are remotely controlled are what im thinking we see, if there is even a connection with another species of non earth life.

I think there is a reason why they have not made contact.

1 that cant breath in our atmosphere
2 they cant get travel fast enough to get here, even light speed is slow compared to the distance needed
3 their possible laws regarding this
4 to advanced to be able to communicate with us

Archer

I don't think we will ever see Aliens on earth. Perhaps some day in the very distant future out in space some where we may meet some but I don't think they will beam down and see us because they cant get here and the fact that the odds of finding our rock out of the uncountable trillions is mathematical not rational.

Dezzie

If aliens landed, that would be the coolest thing. I would be in tears. :p If you can't tell, I believe they exist and I would love to see them. :yes: Well, as long as they don't try and kill me. ;)

As far as Religious folk... I hope they open their minds to new possibilities.

averageJOE

zombie
Just asking: Do you not think aliens exsist because they havn't made it to earth yet?

i am seriously terrified of this possibility.
i, for one, would be terribly embarrassed if alien contact occurred and the first thing our guests heard was "it's really nice to have you, but you have to understand: the entire universe was born with a disease curable only by a 2000 year old blood sacrifice and a ten percent donation."
although the business of religion could find themselves very frustrated by the fact that most of the control mechanisms involved in religion have been specifically stated to only affect humyns.

i would just be in awe if our guests could provide us with a functioning, universal definition of a god.
but as far as proving one's non-existence, i think that even alien life forms are bound by the constraints of logic.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
i am seriously terrified of this possibility.
i, for one, would be terribly embarrassed if alien contact occurred and the first thing our guests heard was "it's really nice to have you, but you have to understand: the entire universe was born with a disease curable only by a 2000 year old blood sacrifice and a ten percent donation."
although the business of religion could find themselves very frustrated by the fact that most of the control mechanisms involved in religion have been specifically stated to only affect humyns.

i would just be in awe if our guests could provide us with a functioning, universal definition of a god.
but as far as proving one's non-existence, i think that even alien life forms are bound by the constraints of logic.

A ten percent donation, LOL.

I suppose I'm not terrified of any possibility. But an angel named Moroni came to me in a dream and said everything's gonna be alright. He then said I should take 30 men as husbands, and I shrugged and was all, "Okay, Dude." When I woke up with my book on the history of Mormonism in my lap, Bob Marley playing in the background, and The Big Lebowski on TV, I wondered if my dream wasn't as prophetic as I hoped. Still. The Dude abides.

The Neo Nerd

The abrahamic religions will just spin it by saying that they are more proof of gods existence.

They won't give up power that easily.