• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How will religions cope after alien contact?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
they have not been able to crush the latest findings about to come out. I know the electron microscope photos your talking about. Thats old news.

Please provide any peer reviewed material which prove that life exists on Mars. this is the second time I have asked a similar request, and I am sure you will fail the second time as well.
In essence you are doing what the American public has done decades ago, take fresh data from the Red Planet, ignore the scientific implications or completely disregard them and go for the mystical romantic baggage. the American public ignored the scientific implications of Mars research for 100 years and instead focused on little green men.
relevant issues of research on Mars, such as natural methane productions have not proved to originate in biological life, as opposed to natural geological process. for some reason, people cannot contain themselves and instead of sitting down patiently and study the material will make a public feast of it adding the Fiction to Science pre maturely.

I will state we need to harness our own earths powers before we try and harness another planet. There is plenty here to play with. tides, winds, solar , ect ect

Governments and agencies have been harnessing all these resources here on earth for a very long time. therefore it is natural that this is among the first things they will look to harness on other geologically relevant planets.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Please provide any peer reviewed material which prove that life exists on Mars. this is the second time I have asked a similar request, and I am sure you will fail the second time as well.

i know you can read just fine my statement """findings about to come out"""

i heard it from Neil deGrasse Tyson.

and go for the mystical romantic baggage.

i dont play that game

research on Mars, such as natural methane productions have not proved to originate in biological life

correct

Governments and agencies have been harnessing all these resources here on earth for a very long time. therefore it is natural that this is among the first things they will look to harness on other geologically relevant planets.

there is more energy here then they know what to do with, and there are no means to get power from one planet to the other.

that idea will only prove a tool if we decide to try and inhabit said planet.

adding the Fiction to Science pre maturely.

i personaly think one is ignorant to think other planets are sterile, the odds of some form of life that existed or still does on mars is very very high. I would not bet against it :)

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
How do you think religions (and I'm not just talking about Judaism, Islam and Christianity, but also Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, and Neopaganism among others) will fare if aliens landed on earth tomorrow?

Do you think they will see the aliens as angels or devils? Or people who need converting? Will it damage some, or all religions?

How do you think they would fare if the aliens were incredibly religious beings, with their own religious scriptures and prayers and so on, as opposed to incredibly scientific and hateful of religion?

I think if the aliens come, it will really shake the traditional religions to their core. Christianity and Islam believed that Man is the ultimate of God's creation. If a more advanced group of beings come, then the religious premise is shot down. Except for the Sumerians and the neo-Sumerians, who believe that the Annunakis are our alien "Gods".

But I think Christianity can still survive. Theologians will use Hermeneutics and try to find a verse who will say that aliens were also creatures of God. Hmmm, that Nifilim thingy in Genesis could be a useful alibi.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
They will rejoice and all will be converted; As it is written:D
That will teach me to read things more carefully, lol.

My comment should have been:

How will religions cope after alien contact?

Miserably, most likely.

In theory, any aliens ready to contact us would be more than ready for anything we would have to throw at them.