• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is music not a tool of Satan?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
1Og2F3v9R8OPjCci4gSw_Gwar.png

You sure this isn't @Wirey and @revoltingnist

You sure this isn't @Wirey and @revoltingist prom pics?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I literally feel a stinging burn of momentary tension when I break a guitar string. Metaphorically, my heart strings break with it. I even take my guitar or bass with me on the chance I get to go on a vacation. My fingertips are calloused, and the years of pressure from the strings is likely showing on the bones of my fingertips.
I would find a life without music void, dull, dreadful, and boring.

Ditto...our band broke up but we hit every open mic and jam session we can because there is nothing else like the feeling when everyone plays together.

Kelly of the Phoenix

How is music not a tool of Satan?
I find Christian pop to be a fine example, LOL.

In all seriousness, how can music be any more of a tool of Satan than normal speech?

How is music good for our society? It kind of addiction. I see this one guy at the gym who is constantly into music. I believe he loses he surroundings because he is way to in it.
Regular speech is stored in a different area of the brain than music. This is why some people with speech impediments can still sing clearly. Why take away a method of communication?

SovietChild, you want to impoverish your life by removing from it all potential "tools of Satan" on the grounds they are "distractions" from your god? I'm sure your god wanted to create you so that you could restrict your life -- the life he gave you -- to a teacup.
Whenever I hear prayers in Arabic, seems awfully melodic to me. I guess SovietChild will want Muslims to stop singing their prayers?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I find Christian pop to be a fine example, LOL.

In all seriousness, how can music be any more of a tool of Satan than normal speech?

Regular speech is stored in a different area of the brain than music. This is why some people with speech impediments can still sing clearly. Why take away a method of communication?

Whenever I hear prayers in Arabic, seems awfully melodic to me. I guess SovietChild will want Muslims to stop singing their prayers?

When I read this for some reason the scene out of The Golden Child movie where Eddie Murphy's character had to ask for the knife came to mind, lol.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And now, by his Satanic Majesty's request, "Nessun Dorma"

Now, that is pure evil.... *shivers* :rolleyes:
Brace yourself! I'm about to release pure concentrated evil devilness!
I wish I could remember which song/video it was where some conductor was really getting into it, smacked the podium with his hand/baton, and the devil in him let him keep on going as if he didn't care or even noticed he knocked it over.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ditto...our band broke up but we hit every open mic and jam session we can because there is nothing else like the feeling when everyone plays together.
I actually kind of feel sorry for SC. Whether it's the wonder of completely loosing yourself while playing, the thrill of nudging a metronome up as you learn a new song moving closer and closer to mastering it, picking up an instrument to jam and improv, or just enjoying some of the many beautiful and soothing songs there are. Performing on stage or watching in the crowd, there is so much to be missed by omitting music from your life. Personally, I recommend everyone learn how to play a musical instrument, if for no other reason it helps to exercise the brain, but improvements in fine motor skills/cordination/dexterity is also another big plus learning to play music offers. Music is definitely a wonder prescription for mind and body.

Ralphg

We are all 'trapped inside 1 body' ---> call it 'prison' 'golden cage', 'sinners' or 'children'. We have a (1) consious, (2) a subconsious and (3-> the Trinity!) a body. If science has shown anything it's that the 'consious' and 'subconsious' might be 'connectable' or at least might be 'combined' - and than when using enough force be influenced by an 'outstander' or 'outside body' (you can see how the term Devil can be placed there because if that 'outstander' would have tremendous 'power' within the area he can 'control' IF he can control it 'correctely) - since even the tiniest atoms seem to have 'behaviour' that 'influences'. (....in high-enlighment; the first (material) 'world' has '3' parts, the second 'world' has 2 parts. If you can 'control' the second world that would mean you would be God. Creating AND also totaly controlling the behaviour and influences on all levels of that what you've created is God-like and no fun at all because you might as well just stare at your navel for a while until this crazy idea you had blows over.... ---> that's the Game illuminati play. They know they have a large enough 'army' to 'hypnotically influence' everybody in the world (at least, anybody they can find) but none off them are really allowed to 'use the entire bowl'). Now back to (the) Music and the 'Trinity'. If your consious hears (familiar?!!!?) sounds and likes it, than your 'conciousness' 'grows', the part of the brain that is influenced, by music/sounds sends out signals that things (the world around you right now) are 'fine' or 'save' or 'good'. The hormones in your body, are like 'messengers' and 'carry that message to other parts of you and you maybe even decide (wheter you have been broth up with the idea of dancing or not) to start dancing (in the beginning..., at least have you move to investigate where the music comes from, if not out of admiration than at least out of curiousity). So music influences (1) your consious and (2) your subconsious; that their are things out their that 'can be trusted'.
........"now if you start dancing to it or not, nobody cares. You're the Devil not me."

VioletVortex

The concept of art is a blank slate. It can be used to inject a political or religious message, or to express beliefs and feelings, and sometimes it can be a combination of both. Some music, like black metal, is often used to promote Satanism and Paganism, though I question the motives of some newer musicians, who seem like they are claiming to be "Satanists" just to increase their own commercial value.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Brace yourself! I'm about to release pure concentrated evil devilness!
I wish I could remember which song/video it was where some conductor was really getting into it, smacked the podium with his hand/baton, and the devil in him let him keep on going as if he didn't care or even noticed he knocked it over.
I have something much much worse to offer

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
You could debate music is a tool of all religions, regardless of whether or not Satan is present in their beliefs. As a form of expression the possibilities of music are as limitless as human experience.

Akivah

I don't see how any and all music cannot be a gift from the Divine (in this case Allah) therefore listening to and creating music is to experience that divinity.

Music in Islam explained
Is Music allowed in Islam?

{snip}
I find it sad how you sovietchild don't understand the very faith you follow.

Based on your last sentence, I'm assuming you didn't read the link that you pasted regarding Music in Islam. The link says that prohibited music is:
1) Music for dance and frivolous enjoyment
2) Music for entertainment and pastime
3) Music that distracts one from obeying the Muslim god or one's rights and responsibilities

Allowed Music is:
Music that glorifys Allah and His Messenger.

So by wanting to outlaw all music in the West, sovietchild understands his own religion very well.