• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is music not a tool of Satan?

QuestioningMind

How is life without music not joyful?

I don't think anyone suggested that a life without music is joyless. Life is filled with endless joys and music is just one of them. Is watching a beautiful sunset one joy in life? I think so. But if for some reason I never got to see another sunset, I would STILL find joy in my life. There would still be the sound of children's laughter, the love of family and friends, the satisfaction of a good days work, and of course wonderful MUSIC. The more ways you can find joy in your life the more joyous life becomes.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
c8cfc23392a34739b4db0ff8e3920e37_-classical-music-pictures-music-memes_320-320.jpeg

Geez, you know even the Church Lady listens to music.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I sometimes go weeks without listening to music, SC. I love the ambient noises of nature. But when I listen to music, I listen intently; never as background. I think I have the best of both your worlds.
I'm in the same boat, @Sunstone
I go most of the day without hearing a peep of music, other than the wind in the trees, the hummingbirds and the odd chainsaw, LOL. When I do play music it is definitely a foreground event and the music is my focus. That said, I don't do rap, country, jazz or pop and when I do play music I certainly hope that my neighbors enjoy the concert. :)

And now, by his Satanic Majesty's request, "Nessun Dorma"

Now, that is pure evil.... *shivers* :rolleyes:

Altfish

Veteran Member
I love rock music, the nastier and dirtier the better.
If you believe it is of Satanic origins, bring it on, the louder the better.
Music brings so much happiness to so many people, I love concerts, pub music, festivals. What is there not to like.

What's god's problem with it, does he have no soul;)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Actually its the other way. When one is listening to music he is basically in it, like a trapped pray.
You are wrong. Maybe Shaytan deluded you in that respect. Or maybe you have been lied far too often and taught to be proud of your supposed faithfulness to a pointlessly strict doctrine.

For all I know, the two possibilities may well be one and the same, although I personally do not believe that there is a Shaytan as such.

Of the second possibility I feel fairly certain, though.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
In addition, I have studied Turkish maqamat for a while, and the inner structure and theories are steeped in the Divine as are the musicians.

I find it sad how you sovietchild don't understand the very faith you follow.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How is music not a tool of Satan?

Elisha used it when he prophesied. David played it to sooth the evil spirit of Saul. Joshua used it to knock down the walls of Jericho.

It can be used for evil or good. Most tools can.

It is currently being used for medical purposes in varying disciplines. Like radiation it can actually have an effect. Sound in general can have a positive/negative effect on people's health.

10 things you didn't know about sound - CNN.com