• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is music not a tool of Satan?

QuestioningMind

It's so sad that you live your life in constant fear. You fear music, you fear celebrating birthdays, you fear statues, and all because you fear offending your God. Personally I can't imagine worshiping an entity that frowns on a joyful life and wants you to live in fear. That sounds far more like a devil than a god to me.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Based on your last sentence, I'm assuming you didn't read the link that you pasted regarding Music in Islam. The link says that prohibited music is:
1) Music for dance and frivolous enjoyment
2) Music for entertainment and pastime
3) Music that distracts one from obeying the Muslim god or one's rights and responsibilities

Allowed Music is:
Music that glorifys Allah and His Messenger.

So by wanting to outlaw all music in the West, sovietchild understands his own religion very well.
I was disagreeing with the entirety of Islam's take on music.

sovietchild

It's so sad that you live your life in constant fear. You fear music, you fear celebrating birthdays, you fear statues, and all because you fear offending your God. Personally I can't imagine worshiping an entity that frowns on a joyful life and wants you to live in fear. That sounds far more like a devil than a god to me.

Some peoples world is upside down, what's good is evil, and what's evil is good. I personally confident enough to live without music. Are you confident to live without it?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some peoples world is upside down, what's good is evil, and what's evil is good. I personally confident enough to live without music. Are you confident to live without it?
I am confident to live with music. More than confident actually, joyous. I will not be bound by the strictures of fanatical Islam.

QuestioningMind

Some peoples world is upside down, what's good is evil, and what's evil is good.

I know, and it sounds like you live in such an upside down world, where you've been convinced that joyous music is evil and celebrating the birthdays of people you love is evil. You live in constant fear of offending what sounds like a very tyrannical god. I find that very sad.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Uh... why would anyone feel the need to prove anything to you?

If you have to ask, then clearly you haven't researched the entity "Satan".

Maybe a more pointed questions should be.....

"If there is an entity called "Satan", do you think he uses music as a tool?"

The reasons why.....

a. You have no proof of this entity existing.
b. You utilize a man-made belief to attack another man-made creation
c. Music can soothe a person's mind, give them enjoyment, makes them at ease, makes them dance, allows them to connect with the message being sung

Why would you even ask this question? Are you so confined by religion that it has caused you to think this way?

Tell the forum.....how does music cause hatred and violence to occur.

Please show the forum how Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places" has caused someone to be evil?

Maybe you can show me where Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" is nothing but an charade for evil thoughts and discourse.

You are definitely delusional in your religious belief, if you even think this.

Are you being restricted from listening to music? Why do you believe men can dictate a belief for you?.

You do realize Islam was created by a man, right?

How do you know what "God" even says? Oh that is right.....you don't realize that no man has ever seen "God", huh?

*sighs*

If this is what Islam is doing to its followers, then I would suggest you research Islam a little bit better - through non-biased sources, instead of being fed the same old bologna that so-called "Christians" have been given.

Sheez....really?

Do you realize that many people who create music, will help many people?

Do you realize that many people who create music, will sing about the injustices that the world has done to its people?

Do you realize that many people who create music, do it through the inspiration of others?

Probably not, your head is too wrapped up in a false belief created by men....and now those men want you and others to think "Satan is using music to control others."

WOW!!

Please don't mislead others with your unfounded questions. Take a few minutes to learn about what you say first.....or are you just too lazy to do even that?

*sighs*

Music is a tool that can be used for good or evil. An opera or symphony that teaches us lessons we ought to learn is an example of it doing good. So is bringing beauty into the world through form. But if music is used to indoctrinate people to buy more junk food or to promote a hate group such as the KKK singing "Onward Christian Soldiers," we might consider that demonic unlike the angelic former.

Akivah

Well it depends on what you believe. I see that you are basing your beliefs on the Quran. Most people in the world don't assign any authority to that book.

Authorities in Judaism have their own teachings regarding music.

Rabbi Schneur Zalman said "If words are the pen of the heart, then song is the pen of the soul.” While words carry meaning downwards from G‑d’s own primal consciousness into the minds of sages and the lips of prophets to inscribe them upon human hearts, song carries the soul upwards to be absorbed within the Infinite Light.

Rabbi Dovber, the second Rebbe of Chabad said that “Song lies at the core of life; its source is in the most supernal ecstasy.” He explains that “A river went out from Eden to water the garden . . .” (G e n 2:10) from the source of all delight, the river of life flows downward, branching outward to each world and every created being. Each thing thirsts to rejoin with its source above, and from that yearning comes its song, and with that song it comes alive. The heavens sing, the sun, the planets and the moon; each animal, each plant, each rock has its particular song, according to how it receives life. Until the entire cosmos pulsates with a symphony of countless angels and souls and animals and plants, and even every drop of water and molecule of air, singing the song that gives it life.

Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson taught that a song unites those who sing and hear it: When words are spoken, we each hear the words according to our understanding. But in song, we are all united in a single pulse and a single melody. That is why it is said, “All the world will sing a new song,” in the messianic era coming very soon upon us—a song of the essential oneness expressed throughout our world.