• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is music not a tool of Satan?

sovietchild

SovietChild, you want to impoverish your life by removing from it all potential "tools of Satan" on the grounds they are "distractions" from your god? I'm sure your god wanted to create you so that you could restrict your life -- the life he gave you -- to a teacup.

Life without music is so awesome, I can't even explain. Why don't you try, you might like it. This is coming from an audio engineering certificate holder.

Can you translate it? I don't speak that language.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Life without music is so awesome, I can't even explain. Why don't you try, you might like it. This is coming from an audio engineering certificate holder.

I sometimes go weeks without listening to music, SC. I love the ambient noises of nature. But when I listen to music, I listen intently; never as background. I think I have the best of both your worlds.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
How is music not a tool of Satan?
What is your definition of "not a tool."

RE: Orb

"Receive this orb set under the Cross, and remember that the whole world is subject to the power and empire of Christ our Redeemer," the archbishop says.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
How is music good for our society?

By allowing people to channel and share feelings and expressions, for one.

It kind of addiction. I see this one guy at the gym who is constantly into music. I believe he loses he surroundings because he is way to in it.

Plus, there is a song that plays every day at the gym. The hook goes like this "Sign with the devil, sign with the devil, sign with the devil."

If you say so. But even taking for granted that somehow that specific music is evil and/or that the specific person you describe has some sort of problem relating to his listening of music, it is quite unwarranted to extrapolate from that to music in general.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
See...It's like a drug, once your high disappears one might try to boost his high with drugs and alcohol. Music might make one relax but it also breeds anxiety, just like cigarettes.

I take it you can't sing or play an instrument.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
You know....Shaytan, who was cast out of heaven, after he refused to prostrate before Adam

In fairness, those exams are said to be uncomfortable and my guess is most guys would refuse to have one in front of another dude too. Just sayin'.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
See...It's like a drug, once your high disappears one might try to boost his high with drugs and alcohol. Music might make one relax but it also breeds anxiety, just like cigarettes.

Actually, if you watch the documentary on Roky Erickson. Roky dropped acid over 300 times. The difference between him and the other band members was that Roky wasn't turned off by a bad trip. They sort of describe it like being in a horror movie. So I suppose Roky didn't shun evil and did indeed get trapped by it. Ending up in a mental institution beyond cure.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why don't you try, you might like it.
I literally feel a stinging burn of momentary tension when I break a guitar string. Metaphorically, my heart strings break with it. I even take my guitar or bass with me on the chance I get to go on a vacation. My fingertips are calloused, and the years of pressure from the strings is likely showing on the bones of my fingertips.
I would find a life without music void, dull, dreadful, and boring.