• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can anyone doubt God?

A Vestigial Mote

You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday.
What does being "good" have to do with living forever? This seems to be what you think would happen if humans were "good". Moral behavior (what I assume you're getting at here) is only tangentially related to the relative length of out biological cycle of life. Like [nearly] everything other living thing, we eventually deteriorate and die. you could be the best person on the face of the Earth, from a moral perspective, and you'd still die.

You know that the wages of sin is death.
You seem to think that this is a statement of fact. It isn't. For this to be accepted as fact, you'd have the task on your hands of providing sufficient evidence that The Bible is true, and for that to be the case, that God exists.

Humans are all obviously sin.
This statement doesn't even make sense. Are you saying that humans are composed of "sin?" This is unclear at best, idiotic at worst.

The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available?
Humans are far from the "most superior beings available." I don't believe there is any such thing as a "most superior" being.

That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly.
That a great many things are beyond human control does not imply that any other being is necessarily in control of them. What if the governing forces of the universe as they are are the only thing that is "in control" of all of this? This is even more plausible than your God, because these forces can be demonstrated to exist - which is leaps and bounds beyond what is capable of being demonstrated of your God.

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect.
By whose standards would they be judged "imperfect?" Human standards? Who cares what humans think? Seriously now. Why does it matter what humans think of everything that exists? Do you know who cares what humans think? Humans. That's where it ends. Nothing/no one else cares what humans think. The virus doesn't care what you think as it invades your cells and converts them into little virus factories. The sun doesn't care as it bakes you in the desert and causes you to die of thirst. The fly doesn't care that you prefer pizza to dog poop. "Good" and "bad" are entirely subjective. Just because you like or don't like something does not make it "good" or "bad", nor does it make it "perfect" or "imperfect." You need to expand your horizons. Stop thinking like you for a minute and recognize some different perspectives for what they are: just as valid as yours. That the fly likes to eat poop is just as valid as the fact that you like to eat pizza. It is... there is no denying this. To do so is to admit that you are a fool.

Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.
And the fly (if he thought like you) would thank God for dog poop, or even a human corpse to feed on. Just think about that.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror. You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself? There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil. Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.
What does knowing what you look like have to do with anything? Is this seriously something you think is of prime importance? Seriously??

What powers do humans have? Produce feces, produce urine, produce sweat, have anus, repulsive body odors etc Humans are 100% imperfect and therefore are all evil.
Again, house flies are simply in love with our fecal matter. One man's trash is another's treasure. Are flies "evil?" Or is it just that they lack the ability to discern human fecal matter as "evil" like you do?

Diseases like cancer exist to terminate humanity. Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil. The force of goodness put such things in place to ensure that evil continues to die.
With this you're saying that God created viruses to ensure that humans die. That is exactly what you are saying. "The force of goodness" you have already equated with God earlier in the post, and you are saying that these diseases were "put in place" by the powers of good to "ensure that evil continues to die." Whatever happened to your assertion that "God is the force responsible for the good things."? Where's that now? Forget about that one? Or is this you admitting that God is responsible for both the "good" and the "evil?" And again... these things aren't "good" or "evil" in any meaningful sense. Only from the perspective of humans... and humans are just the tiniest drop in the bucket of the universe... almost not even worth mentioning... unless you happen to be human.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday.
That's how we are made.

Frankly, I don't doubt The Creator. I call that god.

It's the humans, like yourself, who claim to understand and speak for god who I very sincerely doubt. I know about them.
Humans aren't very trustworthy when their egos start talking.
Tom

exchemist

Veteran Member
You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday. You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available? That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect. Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror. You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself? There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil. Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.

What powers do humans have? Produce feces, produce urine, produce sweat, have anus, repulsive body odors etc Humans are 100% imperfect and therefore are all evil.

Diseases like cancer exist to terminate humanity. Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil. The force of goodness put such things in place to ensure that evil continues to die.

Yes, evil still exists today, but one day, evil would have suffered sufficient killer blows to be deleted. Then all humanity would be dead in hell for eternity. This all means that God is working secretly at the helm, even though you can’t see him.
If things did not die, Man would never have come to be.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

So your god created cancer? Why would a god create something like leukemia to make innocent children suffer and die.

BTW. My husband, an atheist had just beaten prostate cancer... No god involved, no evil involved.

And we thanked the surgeon for the miracle not a bronze age myth

ChristineM

Premium Member

Produce other humans, innocent children for people to indoctrinate into your faith of hatred of humanity.

Without humans you would not have your faith so yes they must be evil

ChristineM

Premium Member
If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect. Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.

However everything is defective and imperfect.. who ya gonna blame... god?

So what you are saying is your god (not one of the other 1000s of gods but your god) created everything

But not the bad bits

Who created the bad bits, those other gods?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday. You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available? That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

Yes, evil still exists today, but one day, evil would have suffered sufficient killer blows to be deleted. Then all humanity would be dead in hell for eternity. This all means that God is working secretly at the helm, even though you can’t see him.
Why to doubt God?
- I've never seen hide nor hair of him.
- Never heard a peep out of'm either.
- He isn't necessary in our reality.
- No religious justifications are reasonable.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A supposed curse because we are all wicked? You clearly have a one sided view of existence. I would venture to guess you were born into the religion like i was only i rebelled against it as hard as i could to get a chance to see the world for myself.

I can tell you many go evil, and many go a good way and no God would ever allow us to be born evil. The power to be who you are as a human rests entirely with you and nothing or nobody else decides it for you. Even a schizophrenic has the power to be of good entirely on their own.

But it takes courage to step out of something into an unknown. I would rather see with my own eyes then somebody else's. I have met all kinds of b***ards, and many very nice people.

Skwim

Veteran Member

Three words: Goofy beyond belief.

Ellen Brown

Perhaps it is not doubting God, but doubting the portrayal of God by his followers.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

What a wacky jumble of non sequiturs.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The question is, how could anyone possibly
believe all of that?

That's the question. I'm concerned about the mental health of the OP because actually believing in this stuff has pretty dire implications as far as that is concerned. If I believed even half the stuff in the opening post, I'd be chronically depressed at a minimum and probably a step away from offing myself. There would be no point to living if life, the universe, and everything were evil and wicked. I hope the OP is okay.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Mental health is more important than bathing. Our bathing habits are a cultural context.

It helps prevent body odour which was what i replied to.
Of course mental health is more important. That is without doubt, but even people suffering mental health issues are able to bathe or be bathed.

Audie

Veteran Member
That's the question. I'm concerned about the mental health of the OP because actually believing in this stuff has pretty dire implications as far as that is concerned. If I believed even half the stuff in the opening post, I'd be chronically depressed at a minimum and probably a step away from offing myself. There would be no point to living if life, the universe, and everything were evil and wicked. I hope the OP is okay.

I remember a fundamdntalist explai ing Christianity when
I wss like 13 and new to the USA.

He was saying all this unheard of gibberish about
"Sin nature" and corruption of the world, and finally
I got a little epiphany.

"So god is good, but everything he made is bad?"

Christinaity is actually quite weird.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I remember a fundamdntalist explai ing Christianity when
I wss like 13 and new to the USA.

He was saying all this unheard of gibberish about
"Sin nature" and corruption of the world, and finally
I got a little epiphany.

"So god is good, but everything he made is bad?"

Christinaity is actually quite weird.

This happens, because ancient religions like Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are out of context and relevance to the contemporary world and anything is believed as long as it is in the scripture.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

humans are neither good or bad. they have the potential for both.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Soooo....

I have an anus, therefore God exists. :confused:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

You must truly regret having been born such an evil, corrupt thing. How very, very sad.

But your logic means that everything in the universe that changes is also undeniably evil, because let's face it, that which is perfect does not have to change, and everything in the universe changes. Every living thing, and every non-living thing that changes in so much as the smallest part. Butterflies and trees, flowers and fish, birds and iron, stars, galaxies, everything.

So you appear to have dreamed up an all-good, perfect deity that managed to create a universe full of evil. I have to tell you, I find that a really, really strange philosophy.