• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can anyone doubt God?

KingTruth

You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday. You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available? That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect. Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror. You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself? There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil. Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.

What powers do humans have? Produce feces, produce urine, produce sweat, have anus, repulsive body odors etc Humans are 100% imperfect and therefore are all evil.

Diseases like cancer exist to terminate humanity. Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil. The force of goodness put such things in place to ensure that evil continues to die.

Yes, evil still exists today, but one day, evil would have suffered sufficient killer blows to be deleted. Then all humanity would be dead in hell for eternity. This all means that God is working secretly at the helm, even though you can’t see him.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
49344965_10215445787971256_7669080654411202560_n.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die?

Yes. The human body is carbon based life form and therefore expires.

If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available?

No. But I don't see God as an anthropomorphic being as you appear to do.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror.

Not true. Before mirrors came along, one could see one's own reflection on the surface of water.

You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself?

Why would God need to see itself?

What powers do humans have? Produce feces, produce urine, produce sweat, have anus, repulsive body odors etc Humans are 100% imperfect and therefore are all evil.

Humans have the 'power' of love, compassion, humility, sympathy, and empathy. Are these evil characteristics?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday. You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available? That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

A few problems

Please Define this God, what evil is and what good is, then I can frame an absolute response.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die?
If rocks are so good then why aren't they alive? It cannot be so simple as the opening post claims.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

The natural course of life and death is not evil, because God Created humanity as humanity is and not evil. Your assertions represent an ancient archaic mythical view of the 'Fall' and 'Original Sin,'

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect. Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.

Everything is imperfect regardless of your assertions. IF God exists as the omnipotent Creator, therefore God is responsible for ALL things good and bad.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror. You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself? There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil. Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.

Again if God exists God Created as humans are and not how you think we should be.

Diseases like cancer exist to terminate humanity. Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil. The force of goodness put such things in place to ensure that evil continues to die.

Even though the inherent nature of all life, including humans is to begin (birth), live and reproduce and die, diseases are not beyond the technology of science to be eventually cured.

Yes, evil still exists today, but one day, evil would have suffered sufficient killer blows to be deleted. Then all humanity would be dead in hell for eternity. This all means that God is working secretly at the helm, even though you can’t see him.

If what you describe as evil exists today it was God's Creation that determined what you describe exists.

By the way is is easy to deny the existence of the God you describe, because it is based on an ancient, archaic and mythical anthropomorphic hands on God which obviously does not exist.

God is not a chess player
. . . with the white pieces.
God is the sea
. . . and we are the fishes.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have reasoned views on what 'good' means.

I also understand in outline how humans live and why they die.

If you live a moderate life you may live longer, but there's no guarantee.
All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday.
Strongly disagree.

And among the many grounds on which I disagree is this one. If you're correct, it follows that the few species we know of which don't age ie have no built-in end-date must live lives of exemplary virtue. So certain kinds of lobsters are morally perfect, you're saying. Really?
You know that the wages of sin is death.
Not so. Instead, for H sap sap, death is part of our evolved genetics.
If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available?
Superior how? Microbes are in many ways far more successful at surviving and at breeding than we are. However, as far as the animal kingdom goes, and depending on who gets to define what 'superior' means, we may be contenders.
God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should.
God doesn't exist unless there are brains around that can imagine [him]. There isn't even a definition of a real god, such that if we found a real contender, we could tell whether it were God or not ─ please correct me if I'm wrong there.
Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.
And for billions of years before there were humans.
If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect.
Depending how you define 'defective' and 'imperfect', perhaps, but I could make a good argument that there's nothing in existence with which humans can't find fault.
You may have that view, but I'm keeping my anus, thanks very much. And it's rather silly to suggest that natural functions necessary for life are somehow 'evil', no?

Altfish

Veteran Member
I hope this post isn’t a wind up…

If humans were really good they’d still die.
How has a week-old baby who dies become truly evil?

Why can’t he/she control the bad things?
I like imperfection – perfection is boring.

I refer you to my previous answer, imperfection is good, interesting and exciting.
Have you ever looked in a pond? You don’t need a mirror.

Wow, you are freaked out by humans; shouldn’t god have designed them better? I always thought it was a bad idea to have the waste disposal system next to the pleasure area.

Humans are pretty good at discovering new medicines and techniques to control and cure diseases.
Your god sounds horrible he’s obviously wound you up about ‘evil’.

What a truly awful god he is. A sentence without release…nasty, nasty, nasty. Thank goodness it’s all made up.

Final comment, I don’t fear death, not looking forward to it but it will be the time for future generations and my off-spring to flourish. The world is pretty crowded as it is, if no one died, we’d have a major problem, There’d also be a lot of pensioners!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Life as human being is suffering, Old age, pain, anger, dislikes, frustration, but this is our own fault that we suffer, it does not make human in it self evil. only our thoughts, words or action is evil when we do wrong doings.

When we understand what make us suffer then we can change our words, thoughts and actions to become good.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

I see those as quite unrelated matters. Good people certainly die. That is hardly surprising or even unfair. Death is not cosmic punishment for wickedness or anything similar.

Death, it should be noted, serves several constructive roles, not least among them the enabling of ecological susteinability and social renewal.

Sorry, but I just don't understand why you or anyone else would think such a thing.

Surely you know good people that you acknowledge that will die eventually? I know that I do.

You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out.

It seems that you are using some form of premise that I have not been made well aware of.

For some purposes, certainly. No other known species has comparable linguistic skills, for one.

But generally speaking, the question is fairly hard to parse. What would constitute a superior being exactly? Anything from viruses to cockroaches to whales can be considered superior beings, depending on which criteria one adopts.

That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

That is one belief. From my perspective, not a particularly natural one, but apparently others disagree.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

This makes no sense whatsoever.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, I agree that humans are imperfect and could even be considered "evil" from a certain point of view. We poop, we pee, we sweat, we stink. We're just ugly, giant bags of mostly water. And we have to keep replenishing ourselves - as hunger and thirst are powerful motivators. We also have to sleep 1/3 of the time.

In fact, it's because of that and similar reasons that I question the existence of any kind of sentient, intelligent "creator."

When you really come down to it, nature is rather messy. Every animal is like some kind of bag of goo. Blood, guts, sweat, poop. And when we die, every animal is some rotting carcass which eventually withers away into dust (after being a nice feast for some tiny insects and scavengers, because they're hungry too). It's all so yucky and gross.

And this is what God created? You're certain of that?

Baladas

An Págánach
It's sad that anyone would view the cycle of life as evil and blame humanity for not being immortal.
This kind of thinking takes the joy out of life and is extremely irrational.

Humans being mortal and animal ≠ the existence of a god, especially not a specific god.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello, @KingTruth - would you mind clarifying a few things for me?

In your opening post, you assert that because humans die, they must be evil. However, all biological organisms die. Does this mean all life is evil? Furthermore, one can extend this to abiotic aspects of our world, for everything changes and nothing is forever. Does that mean that the entire universe is evil? Why do you feel death is proof that something is evil? I must say that doesn't make any sense to me. The natural cycles of change and transformation are beautiful. Do you know what would happen if things did not die? Overcrowding and misery. In fact, in ecology, we study what happens when organisms become overpopulated. It is not pretty.

Another thing you mention in your opening post is how humans depend in something other than themselves to see their visage. I do not understand how this is a evil either. What is wrong with depending on something other than yourself? Are you saying that anything that is not totally self-sufficient is evil? This, again, would mean the entire universe is evil?

There are other elements of your opening post that make no sense to me as well, but let's leave those for now. I'm more concerned about you. You have such a very negative view of the world, and I'm concerned that this means you might not be doing so well. Are you okay?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

I wonder also how can anyone have doubts about God. It is so apparent that He does not exist.

And by the way: there is no sin, no heaven, no hell, no Jesus, no holy spirit, no prophets living three days in whales, nor talking snakes, donkeys, etc.

These are just nice stories written in a book, you know. And they have the same evidence as other stories. Like Pinocchio. Probably of they told you when you were small that Pinocchio is God and the Bible a fairy tale, you would now worship Pinocchio. For, how can you tell the difference?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

sealchan

Being good or bad doesn't cause us to die. "The sun also rises" after all. Death is a natural part of God's creation. It is His/Her/It's will for us until such time as we/God determine otherwise.

We are good and bad. Overall I'd say we are pretty cool. I choose to not fall into the temptation to focus on the bad for we are all free to choose what our focus and concern is, just as you have chosen to focus on your own and everyone else's capacity for evil. I'm sorry that you suffer such a focus. Maybe you read the news too much...remember they are as much about "sensation" as they are about facts. You don't hear about the countless acts of good people of all kinds do each day in the news.

That is what you think. But what if the thought you have uttered above is defective and imperfect just as you readily admit that you are? How do you know this thought is not in error?

I think that God's creation is precisely His/Her/It's mirror. After all what would God be to anyone without creation?

This is truly a sad view of humanity.

I suspect that you have been a victim of abuse. Your views above seem to reflect a very low self opinion and the expectation of only disappointment from others. I encourage you to seek counseling and to give yourself up to God for healing.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die?

Many human beings are good and die anyway.

That's a non sequitur. Your conclusion isn't supported by what precedes it.

You know that the wages of sin is death.

I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as sin in the literal, religious sense.

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect.

That's another non sequitur.

You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself?

I have no rational reason to believe that any gods exist, nor any emotional or psychological need to believe in gods. I'm comfortable with the thought that the universe is godless.

There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil.

Another non sequitur. Imperfect doesn't mean evil. That's a religious belief asserted without evidence and believed by faith.

Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.

It's deniable. I deny it. Would a perfect circle be good in the sense of being the opposite of evil?

One of my chief objections to Christianity is the way it demeans mankind and fails to acknowledge man's achievements, which are remarkable and deserve both acknowledgement and respect.

Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil.

Humanity can cure many diseases, mitigate others, and palliate them all. If you rupture your appendix, it need not be a death sentence thanks to the power of humanity to defeat that malady with modern miracles like anesthesia, surgery, and antibiotics

I'm very proud of mankind's achievements, and proud to be human. But then again, I am not burdened with a worldview that teaches that man needs a cure for being human. That's the basis for Christian misanthropy - to convince us that we need Christianity's cure, a cure that nobody else can offer.

Audie

Veteran Member

The question is, how could anyone possibly
believe all of that?