• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you believe that the Garden of Eden is a real place?

Is the Garden a real place?

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I never ask the question "does such and such exist" given if I can ask the question, the answer is already yes. I accept the reality of all worlds, apparent or otherwise, whether they are part of my traditions or not. And let's be clear - I do not accept that the Garden of Eden was a thing in the apparent world, presently or historically. But it certainly is one of the many countless otherworlds out there... one that has some powerful intersections with our own through story and song of one of the dominant mythic traditions of our age.
I agree with this. It's mythological, which doesn't mean "non-existent" even though it's not a historical place.

Ellen Brown

i was curious whether or not people believe the Garden actually exists and why they believe one way or the other.

We don't even know what we don't know. Superstring theory postulates at least 10 dimensions. He perhaps moved it or changed us so we could not see the dimension where it exists.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
i don't know much about that, can you explain a bit more please?

If I remember the ' fertile crescent ' area would be the area around the Tigress and Euphrates rivers.
That is the traditional location for the paradisical Garden of Eden south west of Mt. Ararat near Lake Van.
- Genesis 2:10-14.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
i was curious whether or not people believe the Garden actually exists and why they believe one way or the other.

If a person believes the Bible is God's Word as Jesus believed it to be, then 'yes' Eden did exist.
In Eden we find two (2) trees: one forbidden tree, and the Tree of Life.
Once Adam broke God's Law mankind No longer had access to the Tree of Life.
At Revelation 22:2 we can read about the return on Earth of the Genesis Tree of Life.
There it mentions that mankind will once again have access to the Tree of Life.
That means as the verse says that there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
Healing as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

W3bcrowf3r

No. Biggest reason is the time gap is very small for anything distinct like that would exist. Life on earth wasnt around until 4.5 billion years ago. People didnt believe in one-god religions until way way way later. Like other religions, they are stories to help understand the role of how others view one theory of creation. Like Native Ameriacn stories etc. its pretty much for that purpose. Im sure Hindu creation stories are arond the same purpose.

I dont understand how the supernatural can be when abraham lived around in the 7th century BC (as so looked up) but then in the 21st century, nothing!

It all doesnt add up. I dont know if The Catholic Church believes these things are literal. Many Fundamentalist (JW included) surely do.

Noah was a Monotheist as you know. The Prophets after him were Monotheists as well. And there are many Prophets which did go to their Nations which are not mentioned in the Bible. Do not think that the Bible is the only Inspired Revelation to mankind.

And before Noah there were Monotheistic Messengers as well.

The majority of todays religions are Monotheistic as well.

The Bible and the Quran as an example have verses in them that speak about science that was discovered just in the last few hundred years. The Quran as an example talks about humanity going into space, ozone layer, black holes, other sciences about animals, mountains etc.

The Bible prophecied there will be two Messengers who will preach. And the whole world will see them, and when they die, they will be resurrected, and the whole world will see it etc. And there are so many prophecies in the Gospel about this time.

Writing a good Book in those days when the majority was not knowing how to read or write is a thing. But writing it perfectly, talking about the originals in Arabic, Greek, Hebrew etc. with all those prophecies etc. is a Miracle that can't be denied.

I believe in a literal Hell, and a literal Paradise. I don't know how they look like. But i believe everyone will deserve that place. I also believe Adam was in Paradise. And went to earth because of the fall.
In a Resurrection on the Day of Judgement, when every single human being will be Resurrected when humanity stopped existing etc. and that the Universe as we know it will die, and that a new Earth and new Heavens will be created etc.
That Jesus Christ healed the sick, and Resurrected some of the death as a temporary sign etc.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Noah was a Monotheist as you know. The Prophets after him were Monotheists as well. And there are many Prophets which did go to their Nations which are not mentioned in the Bible. Do not think that the Bible is the only Inspired Revelation to mankind.

And before Noah there were Monotheistic Messengers as well.

The majority of todays religions are Monotheistic as well.

The Bible and the Quran as an example have verses in them that speak about science that was discovered just in the last few hundred years. The Quran as an example talks about humanity going into space, ozone layer, black holes, other sciences about animals, mountains etc.

The Bible prophecied there will be two Messengers who will preach. And the whole world will see them, and when they die, they will be resurrected, and the whole world will see it etc. And there are so many prophecies in the Gospel about this time.

Writing a good Book in those days when the majority was not knowing how to read or write is a thing. But writing it perfectly, talking about the originals in Arabic, Greek, Hebrew etc. with all those prophecies etc. is a Miracle that can't be denied.

I believe in a literal Hell, and a literal Paradise. I don't know how they look like. But i believe everyone will deserve that place. I also believe Adam was in Paradise. And went to earth because of the fall.
In a Resurrection on the Day of Judgement, when every single human being will be Resurrected when humanity stopped existing etc. and that the Universe as we know it will die, and that a new Earth and new Heavens will be created etc.
That Jesus Christ healed the sick, and Resurrected some of the death as a temporary sign etc.

I know you put a lot of stock in this book. Its like you all jumping head over foot trying to validate the bible as if it is supposed to support scientific discovery. Believe me. If the bible was the key to all scientific studies, it wouldnt be on the shelf gathering dust in an archeology lab (context in point). It would be used as a tool to measure all scientific facts.

When people were around, they wrote about the observed environment. This is in most religions, such as Pagan ones, that quote on quote told the future of the nature of life from philosophers who helped with a lot of our medical views to monotheism when monotheism wasnt around. It was all polytheist religions. Its a political strategy.

As for the mesengers, thats all the interpretation of the believer. I dont know why you guys feel the need to have everything you believe historically backed up as if once we find the key to pandoras box, we will automaticaly believe.

Where in history and earth events does it specifically prove anything supernatural without our interpretation and written observation of world events shaped by culture of the day?

When I think of people who actually believe the bible literal, it makes me sad in a way because a lot of things we learned are not true (and do not change its importance). While other things we realize the context is totally different than what our ancestors thought and believed. Its like you all are stuck in the B.C. era.

I keep thinking we got passed that but when going to RC Mass and looking at the Roman statues on our government buildings, sports like wrestling, and the make up the English Language, it seems like a lost cause.

You would need to find evidence in natural events without the bible to make me see the connection to these events and the abrahamic god and not say a Hindu one or a Pagan one.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Once you do that, then we can start looking at teh prophecies and validitty of believers claims to historical and scientific reaity.

I dont see why all of this is necessary. Would your belief faulter when we find 2,000 years later, all of what you thought you knew of life was discovered false? (assuming you are around as you are today then)

Elliott5779

We don't even know what we don't know. Superstring theory postulates at least 10 dimensions. He perhaps moved it or changed us so we could not see the dimension where it exists.

What would you say if i told you that a part of it exists in our dimension too and that we can go there?

Earthling

David Henson
What flood? There does not appear to have been a flood of Noah, it is either mythical or pointless depending upon the version that one believes in. That would indicate problems for Eden.

Not necessarily. It could have been simply overrun by weeds and the decay brought about by time. It's not like it had a supermarket and town hall to distinguish it. The fact that science hasn't determined that there has been a flood means nothing.

Ellen Brown

What would you say if i told you that a part of it exists in our dimension too and that we can go there?

I don't think that has been my experience, but if you believe that I'm good with it. The Creator does as he wishes, and as far as I know, we, his Creation are not in charge. There have been times when I am quite conscious that my life has been better, owing to his care in my life.