• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you believe that the Garden of Eden is a real place?

Is the Garden a real place?

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If the Garden of Eden had been destroyed would not the Bible explicitly state it out right that it was being destroyed, seeing as it was such a holy place? i would think such a holy place would warrant special attention if it were destroyed.

To me Genesis 3:24 is showing us that since guards kept people out of the Garden, then the Garden would become overgrown with weeds. The whole Earth was Not a paradisical Earth, only Eden was.
Eden was a sample garden (a blueprint so to speak) for mankind to follow and expand Eden to global porportions.
Even if still in existence in Noah's Day it would have been washed away in the Flood.
No where do I read Eden was a holy place but that the whole Earth was to end up a beautiful paradisical place.
Revelation's happy climax at Revelation 22:2 shows God did Not abandon His purpose for Earth to be beautiful.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis "Tree of Life" for the healing of earth's nations.
That means even 'enemy death' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Interpretation, interpretation...it just proves what a badly written book The Bible is. A half decent writer would have made it clear what is meant. (and had an 11th commandment - Do not harm children)

Besides the first ten commandments there already is a number 11,12,13, 14,15...... up to about 600 commands.
What do you find wrong about the 19th chapter of Leviticus.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Its historical. I took art history and learn most of it. Like Paganism, multiple belief in gods, came before monotheism. For some reason spirituality (the miracle kind) stopped after The Church. The Church is still trying to find miracles as they once had (so read). Sh/t Id have to find it in a bit. They tried to see the imprint of the Virgin Mary when they saw rain treated walls. and things like this The Virgin Mary

I went to a Native merican POW WOW and learn some of the Native Beliefs, at least those they shared with the public. But I did look up where the time of abraham was around.

We went from parting the red seas and jesus resurrection to now, nothing.

Whether you disagree with history and theories is not the same as facts and historical evidence for these findings andl lack thereof to prove and disprove christian faith and its supernatural content.

I believe looking back over what you said there may be some historical facts as well as your fantasies.

I believe it is true that monotheism is recent but it is false that the monotheistic religions are made up religions by men.

I believe this statement is false. The religious community continues to report miracles.

I believe the Holy Spirit helps inform me of the truth and nothing disproves Christianity or supernatural content.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe looking back over what you said there may be some historical facts as well as your fantasies.

I believe it is true that monotheism is recent but it is false that the monotheistic religions are made up religions by men.

I believe this statement is false. The religious community continues to report miracles.

I believe the Holy Spirit helps inform me of the truth and nothing disproves Christianity or supernatural content.

I cant change the history of christianity. Whatever fantasies you are accusing me of shouldnt matter unless your faith rests on christian history and not christ.