• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you believe that the Garden of Eden is a real place?

Is the Garden a real place?

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not necessarily. It could have been simply overrun by weeds and the decay brought about by time. It's not like it had a supermarket and town hall to distinguish it. The fact that science hasn't determined that there has been a flood means nothing.
No, science has determined that there was no flood. Tell Me your version of it and I will explain how we know that it is wrong.

dianaiad

JW is short for Jehovah's Witnesses. They are a christian sect but not considered Christian (or followers of Christ) since they disagree with the trinity and most of what's in Christian history that make Christian, Christian. I don't know where to put them outside of being a follower of Christ. Very fundamentalist in their views.

Well, they ARE Christians. The hierarchy goes:

Abrahamic
Christian
Restorationist (a category that does not include Orthodox..including Catholics...or Reformationists...those are the Protestants...and does include Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and all the descendants of the "Stone-Cambellite" movements. None of 'em agree with one another very much)
Jehovah's Witnesses.

I have met a few, awhile back, who didn't consider themselves to be "Christian," but that was awhile ago. I think it was a 'picky definition' thing.

Doesn't make 'em right.
Doesn't make 'em 'saved.'

But they believe in Jesus Christ and claim to follow His teachings, so....yep. They are Christians.

I guess the real question, one I have asked many times, is...who 'considers' someone to be "Christian,' when that someone claims to be one, and why does anybody have the right/authority to do that?

As in, who died and made 'them' God, that 'they' can declare who is, and who is not, 'Christian?"

...........sorry. I forgot to take my curmudgeon hat off.....

Milton Platt

Well, they ARE Christians. The hierarchy goes:

Abrahamic
Christian
Restorationist (a category that does not include Orthodox..including Catholics...or Reformationists...those are the Protestants...and does include Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and all the descendants of the "Stone-Cambellite" movements. None of 'em agree with one another very much)
Jehovah's Witnesses.

I have met a few, awhile back, who didn't consider themselves to be "Christian," but that was awhile ago. I think it was a 'picky definition' thing.

Doesn't make 'em right.
Doesn't make 'em 'saved.'

But they believe in Jesus Christ and claim to follow His teachings, so....yep. They are Christians.

I guess the real question, one I have asked many times, is...who 'considers' someone to be "Christian,' when that someone claims to be one, and why does anybody have the right/authority to do that?

As in, who died and made 'them' God, that 'they' can declare who is, and who is not, 'Christian?"

...........sorry. I forgot to take my curmudgeon hat off.....

So it would be wise not to believe anyone who says they are a Christian......