• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in ghosts ?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I believe your story because I'm familiar with faith healers and things like the heat from their hands isn't really something uninformed people know, it won't usually pop up with just a real simple google search... but it's true.

That heat.......
A couple of weeks later I saw that same healer again and told her about everything.
She gave me healing again and I expected 'the heat'. There was none. That really did get me to thinking about two weeks before! :)

I don't chuck anything out any more. Open minded... :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I also use "Optimistic" frubal sometimes to indicate "Wow that is a great/optimistic example", in the RF sea of disbelief in Spirituality (to say it mildly)

Is there a defined meaning of "optimistic" frubal? IF so, then let me know, so I use the "optimistic" frubal correctly. Sometimes I wish to give 2 frubals
Very good point...! :)
When I see the Optimistic frubal I usually guess that the sender feels that the post message is unlikely, and so..... optimistic.
Maybe I'm wrong about that.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Was it a ghost?:

My brother-in-law suffered a fatal heart attack at about 6 pm yesterday. At 11:22 pm, a Santa Clause music box that was sitting on a shelf where it had been undisturbed since last Christmas suddenly started to play, then fell to the floor and broke, while still playing.

Was it him, giving us a quick visit?

I reserve judgment, although I do recognize that we normally don't have things start moving and just suddenly drop off a shelf...

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Since a young man, I have cultivated sitting still mentally and physically, and observing with my peripheral vision.

I see birds and wildlife that if I moved would rapidly leave. If I'm patient and don't move, eventually they move into my central field of view.

Occasionally, I will detect objects in motion in my peripheral vision...some of these remain in the edges of my vision, sometimes they move to near the center...where most simply disappear, or show themselves to not be normal wildlife, but shadows, smoky or misty shapes, poorly-defined shapes...what I call glimpses.

Are they ghosts? Spirits? Demons or angels?

I reserve judgment.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
This isn't truly the paranormal and I'm not making a statement one way or the other based on saying this, just talking about it while we're on this subject, but.... one interesting thing people should look up if bored is the Troxler effect.

MNoBody

@MNoBody ........... Hi....... :)
You thought that my account of a healing experience was/is optimistic.

I never was optimistic about that in the least. My wife and I both felt sure that I was looking at lung-cancer.

What do you think?
the choices on the bar are limited, I am happy you are doing well and your post was optimistic in that something improved and outlook is raised.....glad to hear something is working for you m8, apologies for being so ambiguous ...blame the ratings bar

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
the choices on the bar are limited, I am happy you are doing well and your post was optimistic in that something improved and outlook is raised.....glad to hear something is working for you m8, apologies for being so ambiguous ...blame the ratings bar
:)
@stvdv already pointed out that the optimistic tick has several uses and meanings.
And thank you for your kind thoughts on my experience.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I believe that such experiences happen, that some people have contacted “something.”

There have just been too many occurrences to arbitrarily dismiss them all!

But are ghosts, really dead people?

Let’s reason on it....**Now, follow me on this, OK?**
I worship Jehovah, who I believe is the Creator and God of the Bible.
If we could really speak with our dead loves....to found out how they’re doing, and where they are....would God let us? I think so. He’s loving and caring! He would want us to! Just to give us peace of mind!

But not only does He not want us doing it, He actually prohibited the Israelites from trying! The penalty was death! — Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Why?

Well, when you read those verses in Deuteronomy, it lumps “inquiring of the dead” w/ magic & sorcery!

The first instance in the Bible of those practicing magic is in Exodus 7, where Moses has a confrontation with Pharaoh’s magic-practicing priests....remember the staffs turning into snakes?
Now, if Moses’ power was backed by God....who backed Pharaoh’s magic- practicing priests??
We find out the identity of God’s main enemy, in Job 1 & Job 2.

So, who do you think would be behind “inquiring of the dead”?

It would have to be; it couldn’t be the dead themselves..... because “the dead know nothing”! (Ecclesiastes 9:5); their “thoughts perish.” — Psalms 146:3-4.

The only way they will have life again, is when the promised Resurrection comes. — Acts of the Apostles 24:15. “In the Last Day.” — John 6:44

If you have other questions, please ask! (I know I did, when I was first taught this.)

Take care, my friend.

Last edited:

MNoBody

1 CSiOdvySAcJTGcTkKv_wiw.jpeg
awakening.jpg

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
1: i have both seen entities, and communicated with them.
2: the comunication i had was i heard their voice sometimes with my physical ears,sometimes it was like a though was put in my head with words and voice that was not mine :)

I understand they can see us all the time but only a few humans can see them.

5-6 years a go i "met" a "spirit girl" "ghost" who was around me for many days.
I worked at that time on a coffeeshop in a mail, and from the info i got from this spirit, she was a young girl in 1800 who lost her life in a big fire. Later i found by searching in the correct info in news paper from that time. Before i did not know anything about that fire.

At the work( coffeeshop) non of the customars saw her, but i did.

WOW!

I wish I had that ability!

The closest I get to that is just my soul "feeling" their presence, their soul's energy, the essence of who they are. But that's as far as it goes.

The only time it got a bit more personal was while metal detecting at an old house foundation out in the woods. There was a man's soul lingering there because he dearly loved his life at that place. And I got a strong sense he liked having me there, for company I guess. He had a beautiful wife, 3 loving children, and was a blacksmith so was better off than most others of the time. It was everything he wanted out of life and so could not let it go, so lingers there to this day.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
WOW!

I wish I had that ability!

The closest I get to that is just my soul "feeling" their presence, their soul's energy, the essence of who they are. But that's as far as it goes.

The only time it got a bit more personal was while metal detecting at an old house foundation out in the woods. There was a man's soul lingering there because he dearly loved his life at that place. And I got a strong sense he liked having me there, for company I guess. He had a beautiful wife, 3 loving children, and was a blacksmith so was better off than most others of the time. It was everything he wanted out of life and so could not let it go, so lingers there to this day.
To have an ability to hear and see spirits or ghosts can be a blessing, but also a curse.
Much of my ability is gone, because i asked to have it "removed" i saw to much and it made my daily life difficult to live.

nPeace

Veteran Member
My ability to see ghosts or spirits as i prefere to call them arised when i was training my intuition. The ability i have is not of the strongest, and since i do not use it anymore it has faided more or less away.

But as you say, spiritual development can lead to some minor abilities
Apparently it involves some kind of practice.
Can you share an example (if it's not private) of "training my intuition". Don't give details, just the practice... if you can.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Apparently it involves some kind of practice.
Can you share an example (if it's not private) of "training my intuition". Don't give details, just the practice... if you can.
I can give the answer to how I did it my self that time :)

I used a deck of tarot card or sometimes a deck of playing cards. And i would try to "feel" the number or picture on the next card. I put my hand on the card to try to "read" the card with my energy in the body.
Sometimes i got a friend to call me, with him having the deck of cards, and i would try to " read" his deck of card.

And the result started to become better after daily training for a few months.
After about 6 months i could use my intuition to feel people and their emotions, their well being without touching them, but if i put my hand on them ( on shoulder) i could "see" their life in a way i could tell them about their problems without even know anything about them in advance.

So you see to have this form of ability is not good if other know about them, you will be asked to do reading of them. Or do healing. I could not do it because it zapped my own energy :) so i asked the universe to take back my ability, and i no longer have them