• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in ghosts ?

MNoBody

When-You-Realize-The-Soul.jpg
afraid??
I am one, working a meat suit right now o_O;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Detail please ? :)

My right lung had filled with fluid. Breathing was not easy. Pains in right side of chest. I was sent for emergency cancer investigation tests........ endoscopy, breathing tests, scans, fluid removal and biopsy, and more..... It all looked very bad, and the results would be reviewed on 18th/10/2017 by the consultant.

At 1330 hours on 16th/10/2017 I went to the Spiritualist chapel and received 'hands on' healing from a young woman.hair to waist, long boots and I had overheard that she had been clubbing the night before. She worked at the wedding shop down the road, I had heard.

When she placed her hands upon me the heat seemed so intense, much hotter than ever before by any other healer. She gave me healing for about half an hour. Afterwards I felt quite different, and with no pain, etc

At 1100 hours on 18th My wife and I went in to the consultant's office to hear the cancer investigation findings. They were all negative. Nothing. The Consultant was so surprised that he sent me for an immediate X=Ray and when I returned from that he showed me the picture...... there was no fluid there.
Everything gone.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
My right lung had filled with fluid. Breathing was not easy. Pains in right side of chest. I was sent for emergency cancer investigation tests........ endoscopy, breathing tests, scans, fluid removal and biopsy, and more..... It all looked very bad, and the results would be reviewed on 18th/10/2017 by the consultant.

At 1330 hours on 16th/10/2017 I went to the Spiritualist chapel and received 'hands on' healing from a young woman.hair to waist, long boots and I had overheard that she had been clubbing the night before. She worked at the wedding shop down the road, I had heard.

When she placed her hands upon me the heat seemed so intense, much hotter than ever before by any other healer. She gave me healing for about half an hour. Afterwards I felt quite different, and with no pain, etc

At 1100 hours on 18th My wife and I went in to the consultant's office to hear the cancer investigation findings. They were all negative. Nothing. The Consultant was so surprised that he sent me for an immediate X=Ray and when I returned from that he showed me the picture...... there was no fluid there.
Everything gone.
Thank you for sharing. When I got personal experiences then I really knew the spiritual world is real, and even "better" than the scientific world, as I don't have to pay thousands of dollars and being cut open and the whole shebang. But best part is being Graced by Divine Power

Note: Not saying scientific world is useless. Both have their use, and both are real; as real as it gets, in the Maya of Duality

chinu

chinu

Everything gone.
Thank you. :)

chinu

chinu
do-you-believe-in-ghosts

I am not "afraid" of Ghosts, so I can post:D:D

I Know that Ghosts (see definition below) "exist"

Kindly note: please do refrain replying to my reply IF you have never seen ghosts, thank you. :):)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
@MNoBody ........... Hi....... :)
You thought that my account of a healing experience was/is optimistic.

I never was optimistic about that in the least. My wife and I both felt sure that I was looking at lung-cancer.

What do you think?

stvdv

@KAT-KAT
Once you train your intuition, the floodgates flow forth and you realize you're attracting some negative energies or lost souls.
True. Therefore you need a good teacher, or you need to be a natural (know this from the past) to handle all these. There is a reason that that Scriptures prescribe to start with pure Satwic diet (cleans your body and control your senses). Many more instructions to follow, before you are ready to open yourself up to the deeper layers. When done this way, you are more safe than when doing seances you read about sometimes.

But while most people see it as the occult entering their lives, I actually see it as them entering the occult world themselves
Playing victim (stuff happens to me) is never smart, as you weaken yourself by such attitude, so fully I agree with you; I am the one taking the steps

you see, people have a lot of anxiety, bitterness, fear, etc and it comes to the surface.
Better get this stuff out first (or at least a major part), before you open up to the astral world

So once training your intuition, you see dark energies or lost souls because one always underestimates how much darkness they have on the inside.
God's Grace that we don't see all. Although having seen how much is in me, does make make humble/realistic, which is a must to succeed spiritually

soon you'll feel angelic beings or nothing at all again, depending on how far you go with it, by doing a self cleansing of your inner being and getting rid of trauma.
Not all people see it soon though, for some it might take decades or even many lives. When you see Angelic Beings then you know why you did it

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I never was optimistic about that in the least. My wife and I both felt sure that I was looking at lung-cancer.

What do you think?

I believe your story because I'm familiar with faith healers and things like the heat from their hands isn't really something uninformed people know, it won't usually pop up with just a real simple google search... but it's true.

stvdv

Good example:

Dalai Lama and also Sai Baba have warned us "TeleVision = TelePoison". Nowadays people watch horror movies, thereby adding, subconsciously, more fearful images into their subconscious, which they later on have to cleanse themselves off;)

How to control the masses, most people know that "fear" works miracles for this. Know this and you know why B/Hollywood produces such movies;)

Better watch our inner movies, thereby cleansing ourselves:D

stvdv

What do you think?
I also use "Optimistic" frubal sometimes to indicate "Wow that is a great/optimistic example", in the RF sea of disbelief in Spirituality (to say it mildly)

Is there a defined meaning of "optimistic" frubal? IF so, then let me know, so I use the "optimistic" frubal correctly. Sometimes I wish to give 2 frubals

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I also use "Optimistic" frubal sometimes to indicate "Wow that is a great/optimistic example", in the RF sea of disbelief in Spirituality (to say it mildly)

Is there a defined meaning of "optimistic" frubal? IF so, then let me know, so I use the "optimistic" frubal correctly. Sometimes I wish to give 2 frubals

People seem to use the Optimistic frubal on here for more different uses than any other frubal. Such as:

"That's very LGBT of you!"
"I disagree but respect your opinion"
"Your post is inspiring"

stvdv

People seem to use the Optimistic frubal on here for more different uses than any other frubal. Such as:

"That's very LGBT of you!"
"I disagree but respect your opinion"
"Your post is inspiring"
Thank you for the examples. Good to know. So the "Optimistic" frubal solves my problem of needing 2 "frubals", as it has multiple meanings:)

stvdv

a ghost (also known as an apparition, phantom, spirit, spook, ...) is the soul or spirit of a dead person or animal that can appear to the living
Ghost - Wikipedia

Well, do you ?:)
IMO: Many people believe in ghosts (except Satanism):
There is a myth that because atheists deny the existence of God, they therefore deny the existence of any soul or spirit. Belief in souls or an afterlife is more often associated with theism than not, but atheism is nevertheless compatible with belief in souls or an afterlife. I've encountered a number of people who don't believe in any gods, but nevertheless believe in things that qualify as ghosts, spirits, afterlife, reincarnation, etc.
Sometimes this is part of an organized belief system, like Buddhism, while other times a person simply believes in ghosts because of personal experiences.
Ghosts

Outside of the Bounty of the Holy Spirit all that thou hearest concerning mesmerism or trumpet communications from the dead are sheer imagination.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Tablet to Ella Goodall Cooper: Daily Lessons Received at Akka, p. 85, 1976 ed.; in Lights of Guidance, no. 1761

There are no earth-bound souls. When the souls that are not good die they go entirely away from this earth and so cannot influence anyone. They are spiritually dead. Their thoughts can have influence only when they are alive on the earth… But the good souls are given eternal life and sometimes God permits their thoughts to reach the earth to help the people.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Daily Lessons, Received at ‘Akká, 1979 ed., pp. 35-36

Regarding your question: In His chapter on 'Visions and Communications with Spirits' in 'Some Answered Questions' the Master evidently desires to point out that there can be, under certain rare circumstances, such as those experienced by the Prophets, communion with some soul gone before into the invisible world, but that most of this type of experience which people often claim to have with departed souls is nothing but the product of their own imaginations-however real it may seem to them to be.
Shoghi Effendi, Lights of Guidance, p. 514
Ghosts are explicitly recognized in the Tibetan Buddhist religion as they were in Indian Buddhism, occupying a distinct but overlapping world to the human one, and feature in many traditional legends. When a human dies, after a period of uncertainty they may enter the ghost world.
E.g. in Soul or Spirit of Jesus
As in your Guru, (Poorna) Avatar (Krishna, Rama, Shiva, Sai Baba) can visit you in dreams or for real
What do humanists not believe? They do not believe that to be a good person, one must believe in a supernatural being. They tend not to believe in claims and events that cannot be proven. They reject dependence on the supernatural, resurrection, reincarnation, and divine books. They do not believe in supernatural beings such as angels, ghosts, gods, and devils.
What Quran says about Jinn?
Similar to angels, the jinn are beings invisible to the naked human eye. In the Quran, it is stated in more than one instance, that humans are created from the earth and jinn from smokeless fire.
According to Sramana(Jaina) scriptures,
There are Vyantar Devs(a form of celestial beings) that can change their manifestations(because they have Vaikriya bodies unlike humans and animals having Audarik bodies). These Vyantar Devs are often called as Ghosts in the layman language.

Also when a person commits suicide(unnatural death) or Akaal mrutya(untimely death), as he has not completed his Ayu karma(Lifespan determining karmas) then for that particular time his/her soul wanders. But that is not as it is shown in horror movies. It is just that the soul is devoid of any body only for the time till it should have completed the human existence.

PEACE!
This discussion connects directly to the ghost debate. According to Maimonides, souls in the Afterlife have no bodies. Purely spiritual beings, whether angels or souls, cannot be seen by human beings. Maimonides even says that any biblical text about a person seeing or speaking with an angel must have taken place in a prophetic dream or vision, not in physical reality. A spiritual being cannot appear physically. Nachmanides disagrees completely. He contends that angels can appear physically if they want.
The Torah (Deut. 18:11) forbids inquiring of the dead, conducting seances and otherwise attempting to communicate with those who have passed on from this world. This seems to imply acknowledgment that the living can communicate with the dead but forbids Jews from engaging in that activity. Rabbi Yehudah Levi (cont.), in The Science in Torah, explains that there are two traditional opinions on this subject. One view accepts that it is possible to communicate with the dead but we are not allowed to do so. However, Maimonides took another approach. He decried all types of witchcraft, sorcery and communication with the dead. These forms of invoking spirits are not only nonsense but pagan activities, undermining the pure monotheism of Judaism.
  • IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE SUPERNATURAL, HOW IS TST A RELIGION?
    red-rt-arrow.png
  • The idea that religion belongs to supernaturalists is ignorant, backward, and offensive. The metaphorical Satanic construct is no more arbitrary to us than are the deeply held beliefs that we actively advocate. Are we supposed to believe that those who pledge submission to an ethereal supernatural deity hold to their values more deeply than we? Are we supposed to concede that only the superstitious are rightful recipients of religious exemption and privilege? Satanism provides all that a religion should be without a compulsory attachment to untenable items of faith-based belief. It provides a narrative structure by which we contextualize our lives and works. It also provides a body of symbolism and religious practice — a sense of identity, culture, community, and shared values.
The Mission Of The Satanic Temple Is To Encourage Benevolence And Empathy, Reject Tyrannical Authority, Advocate Practical Common Sense, Oppose Injustice, And Undertake Noble Pursuits.
Are there ghosts in Zoroastrianism?

In a certain way definitely yes. Zoroastrianism has a whole segment of theology about fravashis or “ghosts”, which is nevertheless not identical to the Western folk concept of ghosts. According to Zoroastrianism, ghosts of the people in fact preexist in the spiritual dimension (Mainyava) their physical birth in this physical dimension (Gaethya). Your bodily birth is connected with the incarnation of your ghost to your body. And your ghost will leave your body after its breath of life (ushtana) vanished.

Zoroastrian theology thus recognizes three types of ghosts: 1) ghosts of the yet-unborn, 2) ghosts of the living, 3) ghosts of the dead. This is in contrast to the common association of ghosts with the dead only in non-Zoroastrian understanding. Not very surprisingly, the ghost (fravashi) inside the living was quite commonly (mis)identified with the soul (urvan), although the theology rather makes a distinction between them, understanding your ghost and your soul as two different spiritual parts of your being where your soul is the source of your fully conscious self while your ghost is the source of your supraconsciousness which people generally perceive only in a limited way (for example like a voice of conscience). The living human is thus composed of the four most basic aspects:

1. Fravashi (Ghost) - the basis for supraconsciousness
  2. Urvan (Soul) - the basis for consciousness
  3. Ushtana (Breath of Life) - the basis for bodily life
  4. Tanu (Body) - the basis for physicality
The bodyless ghosts are traditionally believed to be able to certain extent interact with the physical world, and there is actually a great Zoroastrian feast dedicated to the ghosts of the saintly deceased ancestors called Farvardagan (“All-Ghosts Day”), outside the general Zoroastrian yearlong reverence for saintly ancestors whose role is technically also to certain extent similar to the role of Orthodox Christian saints, except the fact that Zoroastrians generally do not establish devotional cults centered around a particular deceased person (Although historically there actually were some local Zoroastrian cults dedicated to a Mazdean saint in the Christian-like way, like the popular cult of Saint Siyavash the Martyr in Bukhara which lasted even centuries after the coming of Islam.).

Since Zoroastrianism sees the bodily existence as ideal for humans, traditional Zoroastrians expect bodily resurrection at the end of times when the spiritual parts will be reunited with the body again.

As far as black magic is concerned,

It is a form of Tantric practice which is plain scientific. But again, if a person does Black magic on anyone, then also the evil magic will be effective only on that person who has the Karmic accounts of Raag-Dwesh(attachment-aversion) to be settled with the one doing Black magic. The person doing the Black magic is just the Nimmit in inflicting the pain.

Black magic also involves invoking the lower celestial beings done for wordly pursuits. It is a process to make the celestial beings under one’s control and to misuse their powers which is often done in many parts of the world. Also there are Yantras and Mantras to invoke the celestial beings.

All the above said, is in accordance with the Universal laws of Karma. Though it appears that someone is inflicting pain to someone else, but the reality is all these interactions is just the way in which Justice is done by Nature.
@stvdvRF
PEACE!
Note 1:
Nobody in this world can harm you(whether it is a celestial being, animal, human,ghost etc) unless there is a karmic account to be settled between you and the said person.

Hence one should try to be fearless under all circumstances as the might of the Karmas overpowers the might of even the Tirthankars, Indras or the Chakravartins.
PEACE!

Last edited:

stvdv

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you are afraid from ghosts, thank you. :)
I loved horror movies, but the best would be a real ghost haunting me
(for 24 hours, just in case SB decides to give me and I don't like):D:D

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Majority of people in the world believe in ghosts (using above definition), as I see it in:

A)
There is a myth that because atheists deny the existence of God, they therefore deny the existence of any soul or spirit. Belief in souls or an afterlife is more often associated with theism than not, but atheism is nevertheless compatible with belief in souls or an afterlife. I've encountered a number of people who don't believe in any gods, but nevertheless believe in things that qualify as ghosts, spirits, afterlife, reincarnation, etc.
Sometimes this is part of an organized belief system, like Buddhism, while other times a person simply believes in ghosts because of personal experiences.
B)
Ghosts are explicitly recognized in the Tibetan Buddhist religion as they were in Indian Buddhism, occupying a distinct but overlapping world to the human one, and feature in many traditional legends. When a human dies, after a period of uncertainty they may enter the ghost world.
C)
E.g. in Soul or Spirit of Jesus
H)
As in your Guru, Master, (Poorna) Avatar (Krishna, Rama, Shiva, Sai Baba) can visit you in dreams or for real
I)
What Quran says about Jinn?
Similar to angels, the jinn are beings invisible to the naked human eye. In the Quran, it is stated in more than one instance, that humans are created from the earth and jinn from smokeless fire.
The Jinn is not something to be kildding with :) not knowing if it is a nice ghost or a malice one we dealing with. I seen both forms my self.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As i desceibed in a earlier post, one of the spirits i met was in my past job in coffeeshop at a mall. That was in my understanding a "nice" ghost or Jinn if you like.

The second kind of those not so nice ghosts/jinn was in a private home where a family was living in fear of this "thing/ghost"

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, do you ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you are afraid from ghosts, thank you. :)

While it's fun to believe in ghosts, and it's an appropriate time of year for such a thread, no, I don't believe in ghosts.

Even if ghosts did exist, I see no reason to be afraid of them. Poltergeists, on the other hand...

Clara Tea

Picture yourself a rational scientist who doesn't want to believe in anything without proof. Otherwise, if you believed in entities without proof, you'd have to believe in everything (Santa, Fred Flintstone, et al).

Suddenly your world is disrupted by psychic visions. You sense the strange made up internet names of other psychics whom you will very soon meet on the internet. They too sensed your internet name, and knew that you were psychic. At first, you are scared to meet them. But, there is nothing scary about meeting a housewife who happens to see things that you do. In fact, it is comforting that there are others like you.

Then you find out that you, and your group, have all been chosen by God to spread the word that God wants known. We already knew that God said "thou shalt not kill" (so he didn't want war). We also already knew that God had given psychic vision to St. John to write Revelation, and in Revelation, it says that no one should attack Iraq or they will face God's wrath (example: Revelation 15 (7 plagues, of which COVID is one). Thus you know that Christians must believe in psychics, but, yet, when you try to tell Christians that God, himself, told you (and your group, who also works for God) to warn Christians not to attack Iraq, they all ignore you, and sin, and defy God. God gave a select few modern psychics ESP to merely re-emphasize what they already know (that is: read the bible and heed God). Yet no one listened.

As God's psychic, you see events happen, just as your visions foretold.
You see the destruction of the space shuttle Discovery, and foresee the problem with the heat insulating tiles coming off. You see visions of actor Christopher Reeve being thrown from his horse and being paralyzed. You see horrible visions of the future (God's punishment for attacking Iraq), and it all comes true, exactly as predicted. As a rational scientist, you want to disbelieve, but how can you with all those events happening just as you foresaw.

Kept up night and day by visions of horrors (deaths due to plagues, droughts, famines, economic disasters). You beg God for surcease. Take away the visions, God, so I can get some sleep, and relax.

All Christians believe that the spirit world is real, and most believe the bible when it correctly predicted that two demon spirits from the foul smokey depths of the bottomless pit of hell escaped hell and inhabited human hosts and rose to the presidency of the most powerful nation and made war with Iraq.

In other words, if you believe in the bible, you must believe in spirits and psychic prediction, because all of that is in the bible.

Psychics have the ability to do other tricks (astral-projection), and even physically appear
(not just an image) in other locations. Psychics often fear ghosts (because those are the things that go bump in the night). But, what they often don't realize is that psychics have spirits that can move away from them (still attached by the silver cord of psychic energy). So, psychics, themselves, are also thing things that go bump in the night, and just as powerful as ghosts, or more so.

Unlike most people, psychics have no choice but to believe.