• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Evil-Obama.jpg
"Damn these stupid Americans, damn them all to hell!"

Wow! He looks like a zombie in this pic.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Seems that the left has decided to take one of Ayn Rand's characters and change the name. Instead of "Who is John Galt?" it is now "Who is John Gruber?". Of course in the Democrats case they are running scared from their once idolized go to guy to bamboozle the American public.
Democrats’ attempts to get away from Jonathan Gruber, translated - The Washington Post
I guess the Democrats really do think the American public is stupid if they think the American public will accept these lame statements.
The American public is starting to maybe wise up to the cover-ups and lies perpetrated by this administration and those media outlets that enabled it.
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends
Gallup: 'New numerical low' for Obamacare - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO
But compared to the Congressional Republicans, Obama is a rock star.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As much as I dislike the man, Jonathan Gruber was right, there are a lot of stupid Americans out there. Go to any college and you can find them in droves.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I saw this.....
Women State: Valerie Jarrett mistakes 4-star general for waiter
Four-star Army Gen. Peter Chiarelli -- the No. 2 general in the U.S. Army....Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett mistook him for a waiter at a fancy Washington dinner this week and asked him for a glass of wine.
Here's a pic of the 'waiter'....
chiarelli.jpg

And I also saw Obama's complaint about being mistaken for a valet.....
The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences - Ferguson, politics, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama : People.com
Funny.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As much as I dislike the man, Jonathan Gruber was right, there are a lot of stupid Americans out there. Go to any college and you can find them in droves.
From my experience, the stupid ones are the young ones who were sheltered by mommy and daddy's money and who have little-to-no life experience. And then there are the hordes of sleepers who have not awaken to the world yet (these are the ones who have not yet realized they have been feed mountains of lies their entire lives). Now, college may be too PC, and it doesn't resort to a bombardment of lessons that sharpen critical thinking, but to say you can find stupid people in droves at any college is an overstatement.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
From my experience, the stupid ones are the young ones who were sheltered by mommy and daddy's money and who have little-to-no life experience. And then there are the hordes of sleepers who have not awaken to the world yet (these are the ones who have not yet realized they have been feed mountains of lies their entire lives). Now, college may be too PC, and it doesn't resort to a bombardment of lessons that sharpen critical thinking, but to say you can find stupid people in droves at any college is an overstatement.

My problem with college nowadays is it's commitment to profit far more than it's commitment to academic integrity. Even state institutions have been pushing for more part time adjunct instructors carrying the bulk of the courseload, less full time tenured associate and full professors, cutting overhead through payroll, increasing investments in marketing campaigns, cutting funds for research, etc.

They've been following more and more the model of the strictly for-profit school institutions.

Even as an adjunct, I've been called into faculty meetings to discuss budget not primarily for projects in mind for the department, but efforts to increase revenue by recruitment. And then turn around and hear that budgets are tightened in spite of record recruitment while seeing the dean's and chancellor's pay skyrocket.

Everything has to be a Ponzi scheme now. Sad.

metis

My problem with college nowadays is it's commitment to profit far more than it's commitment to academic integrity. Even state institutions have been pushing for more part time adjunct instructors carrying the bulk of the courseload, less full time tenured associate and full professors, cutting overhead through payroll, increasing investments in marketing campaigns, cutting funds for research, etc.

They've been following more and more the model of the strictly for-profit school institutions.

Even as an adjunct, I've been called into faculty meetings to discuss budget not primarily for projects in mind for the department, but efforts to increase revenue by recruitment. And then turn around and hear that budgets are tightened in spite of record recruitment while seeing the dean's and chancellor's pay skyrocket.

I wish you were wrong.

BTW, even college sports, especially football, contributes to this as well.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

That's how it is here. The school I'm at is cut the MALS program because of "funding," and a "lack of teachers (but oh my god! enrollment is at record highs and it keeps getting better)," but this school is behind the average pay (though not as low as others in the area) and they will not hire any assistance for the full time professors.
I'm just glad the goal of my education is to get me out of here.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
UofM (a state government owned & run school) tuition has gone up several times faster than inflation. They've offered a new football coach $8,000,000/year.

esmith

Veteran Member
Note this post was in another thread; However will stick it here since it fits the subject of this thread better than the other one. Anyhoo....
We now hear Obama berating Sony for pulling the movie "The Interview" yet in 2012 didn't the Obama administration "suggest" to YouTube to pull the video "Innocence of Muslim" In addition didn't the The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ordered the video hosting site to yank the controversial 14-minute film, Yank The Video We also see the Hollywood liberals complaining about Constitutional rights for the film "The Interview" but where were they when "Innocence of Muslims" got pulled?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Note this post was in another thread; However will stick it here since it fits the subject of this thread better than the other one. Anyhoo....
We now hear Obama berating Sony for pulling the movie "The Interview" yet in 2012 didn't the Obama administration "suggest" to YouTube to pull the video "Innocence of Muslim" In addition didn't the The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ordered the video hosting site to yank the controversial 14-minute film, Yank The Video We also see the Hollywood liberals complaining about Constitutional rights for the film "The Interview" but where were they when "Innocence of Muslims" got pulled?
This is a problem. There are people who are afraid to sound racist or to feel as if they are not being "tolerant" by abstaining from criticism of Islam. And to a degree there has to be some held back because there was (and still is) a lot of unwarranted hatred of Islam and Muslims pre and post 9/11. But this has distracted from any real attempt to have negative opinions on the religion or cultures attached.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"If he's arrested, you'll likely hear members calling for him to give up his speakership," an Assembly Democrat told The News.
No s***, Sherlock!
Sheldon Silver in federal custody on corruption charges - NY Daily News
ALBANY — Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver was taken into custody Thursday in Manhattan on corruption charges, the Daily News has learned.
The impending arrest of Silver, who has been one of the most powerful men in Albany for more than two decades, was first reported overnight by The New York Times.
Silver, an observant Orthodox Jew, was born on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. He lives with his wife, Rosa, near the apartment where he grew up. He has four children.

Another case of religion failing to prevent wicked behavior, eh?

esmith

Veteran Member
It appears that Obama is taking credit for low gasoline and natural gas prices by touting the increased production of the same. However, I guess Obama doesn't realize that the increased production took place on private lands.
from: Obama Takes Credit For Low Gas Prices In State Of The Union | The Daily Caller
But virtually all of the increased oil and natural gas production has come from private and state lands, where Obama has no jurisdiction over approving drilling permits. Meanwhile, oil production on federal lands has floundered under Obama. From 2009 to 2013 oil production on federal lands fell by 11 percent and natural gas production fell by 28 percent.

In addition hasn't Obama said he will veto the Keystone pipeline which reduce the amount of crude oil delivered to the refineries and the pipeline will deliver the oil with less chance of a danger to the environment. than the method now being used.

Last edited:

metis

We are pumping more oil than ever before and this administration has very much contributed to this. As far as Keystone is concerned, the main benefactor will be the oil companies as the vast majority is likely to be exported. I have no particular objection to Keystone, but some definitely do, and for some good reasons.

Why is it that some blame Obama for just about anything and everything, but then when things go well it's supposedly always someone else that deserves the credit?

esmith

Veteran Member
We are pumping more oil than ever before and this administration has very much contributed to this. As far as Keystone is concerned, the main benefactor will be the oil companies as the vast majority is likely to be exported. I have no particular objection to Keystone, but some definitely do, and for some good reasons.

Why is it that some blame Obama for just about anything and everything, but then when things go well it's supposedly always someone else that deserves the credit?
And just how has the Obama administration contributed to the increased production. Facts please.