• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
On the Hillary note; It seems not only are the Democratic party policies unsustainable, but they are illogical. Hillary said that the reason there is so much crime in the inner-cities is due to poverty, yet then she supports amnesty to illegal aliens, a demographic that is exclusively poor. I think huffing paint thinner is the initiation ritual to become a full-fledged liberal.

Hillary Clinton - Immigration
I wouldn't call that illogical: an amnesty for illegal aliens means they actually have the chance of earning the money to get themselves out of poverty; if they remain, and remain illegal, they're far more likely to be exploited & paid derisory wages. Seems perfectly logical to me.

Marisa

I notice that to social justice warriors, feeling trumps accuracy.
Well I would probably fall into the "social justice warrior" category, but to compare to these things is to diminish their impact on their victims. I don't care how much *you* hate the ACA, it's not slavery; and no matter how much *you* hate the vacine debate it's not the Holocaust.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well I would probably fall into the "social justice warrior" category, but to compare to these things is to diminish their impact on their victims. I don't care how much *you* hate the ACA, it's not slavery; and no matter how much *you* hate the vacine debate it's not the Holocaust.
I agree.
But I'm thinking of this definition....
Urban Dictionary: social justice warrior
....which wouldn't apply to you.

You may call yourself a "social justice advocate" (level headed sounding).
That appears to fit you better (even if it is just "off the rack").

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In what way is:
"O'Malley responded: "Black lives matter. White lives matter. All lives matter."
a damned thing?
Tom
Actually, this quote is quite reasonable.
What is damnable is the response of his audience (outraged black folk), ie, booing him for it.
And then he apologized, showing no testicular fortitude.

Btw, Rev Rick hasn't been around in a while, so a response might not be soon.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
What is damnable is the response of his audience (outraged black folk), ie, booing him for it.
And then he apologized, showing no testicular fortitude.
This = truth. I wholeheartedly support the "black lives matter" movement, but O'Malley should have pointed out that they were being stupid at least a little.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

I don't see that in your post.

What I see is the willingness to quote him, out of context, but not say "the problem is black culture" when that seems to be what you actually meant.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't see that in your post.
What I see is the willingness to quote him, out of context, but not say "the problem is black culture" when that seems to be what you actually meant.
Tom
I thought the link would make it sufficiently obvious what the damnable portions would be.
I'd have quoted relevant portions, but I was prevented from copying the text.
I tried before posting..
This almost always works, but didn't this time.
A computer problem? A restriction imposed by the supplier? IDK.
Anyway I said what I meant above.
Believe it or don't.