• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Normally we say nice things about people who have put their lives on the line unless we know for certain otherwise.

Marisa

Normally we say nice things about people who have put their lives on the line unless we know for certain otherwise.
I'm not willing to make a judgment on Bergdhal. There are any number of mental disorders which could account for some pretty erratic behavior patterns, and I'm not willing to condemn the man as a "traitor" until there's no other option.

Marisa

Hillary supporters have already started playing the gender card to avoid ordinary criticism....
Blog: Hillary supporters warn media against using words of criticism as 'sexist'
I'm not sure that article makes it clear who, precisely, banned the words on the banned words list. I think it goes without saying that the media tends toward sexism when vetting a female candidate. Some of that crap is institutionalized, and I'm constantly amazed that we're surprised by it. Of course not all institutionalized crap should carry such an exalted status.

metis

I'm not willing to make a judgment on Bergdhal. There are any number of mental disorders which could account for some pretty erratic behavior patterns, and I'm not willing to condemn the man as a "traitor" until there's no other option.
Yep, that's what trials are for. However, you also know that there are some on the right whom have already found him guilty and want him drawn & quartered. You know, those who consider themselves to be the only "true American patriots", but who seemingly can't remember that the Constitution has it that one is innocent until proven guilty.

Marisa

Yep, that's what trials are for. However, you also know that there are some on the right whom have already found him guilty and want him drawn & quartered. You know, those who consider themselves to be the only "true American patriots", but who seemingly can't remember that the Constitution has it that one is innocent until proven guilty.
Yep. Some of them are, sadly. facebook friends of mine.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure that article makes it clear who, precisely, banned the words on the banned words list. I think it goes without saying that the media tends toward sexism when vetting a female candidate. Some of that crap is institutionalized, and I'm constantly amazed that we're surprised by it. Of course not all institutionalized crap should carry such an exalted status.
I did look for a better source, but apocryphal ones were the only ones I saw.
Personally, I see a lot of bigotry (including sexism) towards dang near every major candidate running for office.
We have a fun election campaign ahead of us, eh?

Marisa

I did look for a better source, but apocryphal ones were the only ones I saw.
Personally, I see a lot of bigotry (including sexism) towards dang near every major candidate running for office.
We have a fun election campaign ahead of us, eh?
Yup.

esmith

Veteran Member
I'll go with his squad members judgment if you don't mind. But of course you mind, it's in your DNA

esmith

Veteran Member
The majority of the media has decided that they want a woman for president. What do you expect from them except blind support for the candidate of their choice.

metis

I'll go with his squad members judgment if you don't mind. But of course you mind, it's in your DNA
"Innocent until proven guilty", so maybe you're better off moving to a country that doesn't take such a stand.

In the trial that you seem to be so willing to be judge and executioner, one of the things likely to be covered is his mental state at the time of his desertion, and there have been some clues that he may have problems in this arena. Since you have already judged him, maybe you should actually stop and think that he very well could have had battle fatigue or some form of mental illness. Some people do crack under pressure, but of course a true hero like you would never consider such a thing, right?

So, if you want to be sarcastic, I can oblige you, esmith, because you don't have a monopoly on it, let me tell ya.

esmith

Veteran Member
"Innocent until proven guilty", so maybe you're better off moving to a country that doesn't take such a stand.

In the trial that you seem to be so willing to be judge and executioner, one of the things likely to be covered is his mental state at the time of his desertion, and there have been some clues that he may have problems in this arena. Since you have already judged him, maybe you should actually stop and think that he very well could have had battle fatigue or some form of mental illness. Some people do crack under pressure, but of course a true hero like you would never consider such a thing, right?

So, if you want to be sarcastic, I can oblige you, esmith, because you don't have a monopoly on it, let me tell ya.

First my post was in direct context of the title of this thread "Democrats Say The Damnedest Things", and not a post about the charges brought against Bergdahl. However, you and others have decided that that was the purpose of my post. It wasn't, it was about Susan Rice's statement.
Now unfortunately you and others are also mistaken in the idea that I have found Bergdahl guilty of the charges brought against him. I do agree with the members of his squad that he willfully walked away from his assigned area without permission that is a proven fact. Now if you would care to look a the difference between AWOL, UA, and Desertion you can see why he is being charged with Desertion. (see below for difference)

What I do I find is that Susan Rice is guilty of a flagrant falsehood in her statement that Bergdahl served with honor and distinction. Her statement is nothing more than an attempt at a CYA for this administration Thus "Democrats Say the Damnedest Things."

Legally speaking, what is the difference between AWOL and desertion? - Quora

After thinking through the above I have changed my mind. Bergdhal left his post without permission as I stated before. This is an established fact. Now as far as I am concerned he is guilty of violating the UCMJ, however I do not know his mental state and this will be a contributing factor in his defense. But I stand convinced that he is definitely in violation of the UCMJ. If you want to start a different thread feel free to do so, I will not. This thread is not directly about Bergdahl.

Last edited:
Hillary supporters have already started playing the gender card to avoid ordinary criticism....
Blog: Hillary supporters warn media against using words of criticism as 'sexist'

On the Hillary note; It seems not only are the Democratic party policies unsustainable, but they are illogical. Hillary said that the reason there is so much crime in the inner-cities is due to poverty, yet then she supports amnesty to illegal aliens, a demographic that is exclusively poor. I think huffing paint thinner is the initiation ritual to become a full-fledged liberal.

Hillary Clinton - Immigration