• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLM cancel demonstration upon learning 'victim' shot by cop was white.

I’ll also take my opinion on this in a slightly different way. Most people killed by cops are in the act of doing something violent. While any death like Floyd is bad it’s not a very common occurrence. However, on average over a thousand people die a day from COVID and 2000 abortions are committed daily in the US. This grabs my attention more so & why the cop issues does not particularly spark my outrage.

PureX

Veteran Member
I would have no problem supporting their own. But the BLM movement is so much more than that. It’s better represented by the acronym AWPAIR all white people are inherently racist.
Well, that's basically true. FAR more true that nearly all white people realize.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If police are confronted by a situation where someone, say, shoots at them, I don't hold it against them that they shoot back. Unfortunately in our country that is armed to the teeth, that's to be expected. In other countries where much less of the population owns guns, I can see their interactions being much less lethal.
We have too many police needlessly drawing and firing their firearm because it's expected of them here. Like when they are called to someone having a mental health breakdown and crises. Typical case no one is actually being harmed, someone like a family member will deescalate things, piggly-wiggly shows up, reignites the situation, draws his gun, makes everything worse, and kills the person he was called on.
We should expect that drawing their gun is a rarity. Not a daily occurrence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would have no problem supporting their own. But the BLM movement is so much more than that. It’s better represented by the acronym AWPAIR all white people are inherently racist.
:facepalm:
Yes, lets promote the wild fantasies of the Looney Left and shadowy boogeyman of the Risible Right.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Police unions will fight change tooth and nail. It's all but guaranteed.

Remember that particular politician who praises unions next time election comes around, keeping in mind how politicians are bought and sold each cycle lauding union support.
I'll keep in mind how labor unions never got that big here, and how much unions benefit and protect workers (a union would have saved from wrongful termination when it happened to me).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why is it everytime a topic talks about disproportionate policing, it always pivots to a defensive, everyone gets shot by the police (yeah no ****).

That's my main issue. *Shrug* of course everyone gets shot, all people's have retards.
The discourse for everybody else is minimal. Like, when it was realized that police having sex with people they have detained, it went around for awhile but the discourse has since died off. The same thing happened with roadside searches, where women are illegally stripped and raped (through a cavity search) on the side of the highway for everyone to see.
And then there are the Natives. They get it worse from Uncle Sam than anyone else, but you never hear their names or see their faces when the discussion is police violence. People can list off black victims all day. Cool. What about the Latinos and Natives who get butchered by a cop and then are so disgraced in death they are listed as an "other" because no one bothered to look into who was just killed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, that's basically true. FAR more true that nearly all white people realize.
And does this include Jews? Many of them are white, afterall, but they collectively know about repression and discrimination far better than most can even begin to imagine.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'll keep in mind how labor unions never got that big here, and how much unions benefit and protect workers (a union would have saved from wrongful termination when it happened to me).
I like unions in general, but municipal unions have proven to be quite a problem with bought and paid for politictions that make change almost impossible.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The discourse for everybody else is minimal. Like, when it was realized that police having sex with people they have detained, it went around for awhile but the discourse has since died off. The same thing happened with roadside searches, where women are illegally stripped and raped (through a cavity search) on the side of the highway for everyone to see.
And then there are the Natives. They get it worse from Uncle Sam than anyone else, but you never hear their names or see their faces when the discussion is police violence. People can list off black victims all day. Cool. What about the Latinos and Natives who get butchered by a cop and then are so disgraced in death they are listed as an "other" because no one bothered to look into who was just killed.

Yes, but to say that it is the job of BLM to represent or go after these particular issues, is disingenuous.

What their needs to be is other people/organizations rallying around these other problems (which as you've stated there are numerous), instead of tearing down those that are assembling for what could be seen as a separate thing to address.

Edit: I don't expect BLM to address Native Americans or Women policing issues, inasmuch as I don't expect the KKK to represent Asian-American sentiment.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I like unions in general, but municipal unions have proven to be quite a problem with bought and paid for politictions that make change almost impossible.

Maybe a a separate topic, but what exactly is the difference (Union v municipal union), afaik a Union is a Union.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Edit: I don't expect BLM to address Native Americans or Women policing issues,
Womens issues and black issues overlap pretty strongly, with roughly about half of all black people being women.
And I don't expect one group to champion every cause. It can't be done. I'm trying to point out outside of black people (particularly black males) and how they are abused by the police, we don't hear much of it. People talk about racial injustice like black people are the only ones who face it, even practically using them interchangeable in some articles Ive read. When's the last time national news covered a mentally ill person (and sometimes physically, sometimes even terminally ill) being abused and killed by the police? When is the last time they've covered a white male who was innocent and murdered by the police (I typically only see these stories in local sources).
America isn't a black and white issue, but the national discourse surrounding policing and police brutality vastly and heavily treats it as such.

Twilight Hue

Maybe a a separate topic, but what exactly is the difference (Union v municipal union), afaik a Union is a Union.
Technically they are the same except municipal unions are taxpayer funded where private unions are not.

The problem is the influence of these unions drive policies by the politicians they back with donations.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Womens issues and black issues overlap pretty strongly, with roughly about half of all black people being women.
And I don't expect one group to champion every cause. It can't be done. I'm trying to point out outside of black people (particularly black males) and how they are abused by the police, we don't hear much of it. People talk about racial injustice like black people are the only ones who face it, even practically using them interchangeable in some articles Ive read. When's the last time national news covered a mentally ill person (and sometimes physically, sometimes even terminally ill) being abused and killed by the police? When is the last time they've covered a white male who was innocent and murdered by the police (I typically only see these stories in local sources).
America isn't a black and white issue, but the national discourse surrounding policing and police brutality vastly and heavily treats it as such.

These things do get coverage. Maybe not as much you're right, but to play like it's ignored is again, disingenuous.

Family Mourns Man With Mental Illness Killed by Police and Calls for Change

https://www.treatmentadvocacycenter...-more-likely-to-be-killed-by-law-enforcement-

These things do get addressed. They may not be as loud as BLM, but is that the fault of BLM choice of who to support (black policing issues), or that people aren't advocating loudly or effectively enough, about other policing concerns (overlap or not)?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Technically they are the same except municipal unions are taxpayer funded where private unions are not.

The problem is the influence of these unions drive policies by the politicians they back with donations.

Then the issue isn't unions, it's lobbying. Which is a severe problem that needs to be addressed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Body cam footage was unclear to me. Black witnesses of the shooting were appalled. Perhaps tase the girl? I don't claim to be an expert in emergency response or deescalation.

But you know who should be? Police.
Newly released info...

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
We have too many police needlessly drawing and firing their firearm because it's expected of them here. Like when they are called to someone having a mental health breakdown and crises. Typical case no one is actually being harmed, someone like a family member will deescalate things, piggly-wiggly shows up, reignites the situation, draws his gun, makes everything worse, and kills the person he was called on.
We should expect that drawing their gun is a rarity. Not a daily occurrence.

Totally agree with you there. I think culturally we've reached a point where the public does not trust cops and cops don't trust the public. So they see each other as adversaries rather than allies. Add guns on both sides to the mix and a lot of people die needlessly.

Totally agree with you there. I think culturally we've reached a point where the public does not trust cops and cops don't trust the public. So they see each other as adversaries rather than allies. Add guns on both sides to the mix and a lot of people die needlessly.
So how would you resolve the situation in Ohio today? Talk someone down on the verge of killing someone. I’m just curious cause the Biden is using today’s example of a policeman stopping a stabbing as systemic racism.

Twilight Hue

Views have shifted.

Cops are viewed by some as a government street gang flying their own gang colors rather than as uniformed protectors.