• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheists

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
why atheists bother to join a religious forum?
Try being an atheist on a forum limited to atheists.
Conversations go like this.....
You don't believe in God?
"Nope.
"Hey, neither do I."
"OK then....."

Besides, believers who come here have much in common with us non-believers.
We all reject 99% of the other religions here.
The only difference is that atheists reject an additional 1%.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
More recent research revealed it is actually in the:

The coccyx (/ˈkɒksɪks/ KOK-siks; plural: coccyges or coccyxes), commonly referred to as the tailbone, is the final segment of the vertebral column in humans and apes, and certain other mammals such as horses. In animals with bony tails, it is known as tailhead or dock, in bird anatomy as tailfan. It comprises three to five separate or fused coccygeal vertebrae below the sacrum, attached to the sacrum by a fibrocartilaginous joint, the sacrococcygeal symphysis, which permits limited movement between the sacrum and the coccyx.
o_O
Coccyx - Wikipedia

:D

Nah, that's the sat of your pants, not the seat of consciousness. Or is that where you think? :jeans:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
At the risk of oversimplification, because haters gotta hate-hate-hate-hate.
Dawkins and friends are loud and angry in their atheism. Not all nontheists are. I'm quite happy with moderate religion.

But for millennia, pulpits, especially conservative pulpits, have felt free to thunder hatred against 'godlessness' (not to mention against the LGBT community, other religions, other sects of their own religion, and so on), and a lot of them are still doing it.

Get the Douglas fir out of your own eye.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Like others have said, you can have an interest in something without actually belonging to or partaking in it. Religion obviously has a large influence on culture and politics. What people believe affects how they act, so it still impacts your life even if you aren't a believer yourself.

Reactions: syo

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So who is the hateful one here? It's you. What you risked was more than oversimplification. You risked revealing your bigotry against atheists again and being called on it again.

As I mentioned earlier, one reason to be here is to see theists being themselves in a way that they often can't elsewhere when dealing with people such as family or coworkers that they know and interact with in other ways, where revealing such bigotries might have repercussions beyond a reply on RF.

What you call hate is merely people like me pointing out your bigotry and you incredible lack of insight for hatefully calling an entire class of people haters.

It's been an education. This is where I come to see what effect faith has on people's intelligence and character.

Not at all. I tell friends and family also that forum atheists are bitter, hateful people. :)

PS. Your remarks above that religionists live concealed lives and that you're here to study them in this environment are exceptionally patronizing . . . or is it hate-filled?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Dawkins and friends are loud and angry in their atheism. Not all nontheists are. I'm quite happy with moderate religion.

But for millennia, pulpits, especially conservative pulpits, have felt free to thunder hatred against 'godlessness' (not to mention against the LGBT community, other religions, other sects of their own religion, and so on), and a lot of them are still doing it.

Get the Douglas fir out of your own eye.

You are correct! I've never seen you as thunderous, loud, angry or preachy when you respond to religious people on this forum.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
That is not oversimplification, but rather plain vanilla ignorance and prejudice.

Actually it was inspired humor!

I'm not that ignorant--I know that it's not all atheists or even most atheists, just most spiritual-forum-active atheists. You are one of the few forum atheists who is kind to me, although I must call that into question since you are calling me ignorant and prejudiced. I'm neither.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Actually it was inspired humor!

"Inspired"? Back in my day we used more accurate words for that.

I'm not that ignorant--I know that it's not all atheists or even most atheists, just most spiritual-forum-active atheists. You are one of the few forum atheists who is kind to me, although I must call that into question since you are calling me ignorant and prejudiced. I'm neither.
Then maybe you will think better before giving me evidence for both next time.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not at all. I tell friends and family also that forum atheists are bitter, hateful people.

It's still bigotry.

What would you think of the counterpart: "I tell friends and family also that forum Christians are bitter, hateful people."

I'd just be confirming your contention that at least this one atheist is bitter and hateful, wouldn't I? Can you extrapolate from there?

PS. Your remarks above that religionists live concealed lives and that you're here to study them in this environment are exceptionally patronizing

Read it again:

"As I mentioned earlier, one reason to be here is to see theists being themselves in a way that they often can't elsewhere when dealing with people such as family or coworkers that they know and interact with in other ways, where revealing such bigotries might have repercussions beyond a reply on RF."

It's you that imputed impure motives to every atheists posting here. The reason you offered for why atheists would participate in a forum like this was, "because haters gotta hate-hate-hate-hate." None of us could have any other purpose but to spread hate, right? Why? Because that's what atheist are and do, right?

suncowiam

Not at all. I tell friends and family also that forum atheists are bitter, hateful people. :)

PS. Your remarks above that religionists live concealed lives and that you're here to study them in this environment are exceptionally patronizing . . . or is it hate-filled?

You nailed it!

All forum atheists are bitter, hateful people. They're nice until they get on forums and something about forums just fill them with extreme bitterness and hate.

We need to ban all atheists from forums, PROMPT! Before it becomes an epidemic.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Ironically enough, this is a pretty "bitter, hate-filled" post from you.

atanu

Premium Member
why atheists bother to join a religious forum?

To get over sense of emptiness, we engage in some or other continuous mental and physical activities. Intellectually inclined like to debate, which often may not be free of a desire to show off knowledge and intellectual superiority. However, this leads to more emptiness.

This, IMO, is general.

Last edited:
Reactions: syo