• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ethnic background

Inky

Italian, French Swiss (it's a region/ethnicity in Switzerland apparently), Irish, a little English, French, and white western European mish-mash.

Dezzie

Not sure of everything... I could be wrong of some...
I do know I have Indian... French... and stuff... haha
I'm not very sure about my heritage. Sad I know... :p

Stellify

StarChild
Mainly Finnish, French, Scottish, Irish and Cherokee.

I think there's some British in there too, somewhere.

That's all that I know of for sure, although it's quite possible that there are some other minor bits and pieces :)

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Mostly Han, with some Mongolian and Manchurian.

I was beginning to think that I was the only Asian, haha.

1/2 Chinese (from the Fu-chien region) and 1/2 Filipino (from the Quezon province). Not too big a mix. Though, with the Filipino ancestry, there's always the possibility of having a bit of Spanish. Too lazy to check, but I may do that sometime.

Hopefully my kids will be more of a mix.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
From my Mother: German, English, Scottish, Cherokee

From my Father: Scottish, Irish, Dutch, Cherokee

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

English and Scottish mostly. My father is very much into genealogy and has traced our family name back to the 1400's. From there it gets murky due to the English not having surnames prior to William the Conqueror's conquest of Britian. My last name, Wickwire, is a corruption of the original Wickware which was a place name in England. All Wickwires are related and trace back to a single man, John Wickware who's name was changed to Wickwire by mistake in New London Connecticut 1792. So we are all cousins at some level. On the Scottish side I'm related to the McNabs who were kicked out of Scotland for horse thievery and then kicked out of Canada for organized crime before settling in the Southern US.

Some of my famous cousins were from Cortland New York.

The leading industry in Cortland in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century was the Wickwire Brothers wire drawing mill, noted for its production of wire hardware cloth for use as window screens. The extent of their wealth is commemorated in a pair of magnificent mansions, the Victorian gothic home of Chester Wickwire is now the "1890 House Museum and Center for the Victorian Arts" while the 1912 home of Charles Wickwire is now called the SUNY Cortland Alumni House and is owned and operated by the SUNY Cortland Alumni Association. It is open to the public as well as being used by the Alumni Association to host College related events and house visiting dignitaries.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
On the Scottish side I'm related to the McNabs who were kicked out of Scotland for horse thievery and then kicked out of Canada for organized crime before settling in the Southern US.
Maybe your ancestors and mine waved to each other as they passed. ;)

On my Dad's side, I'm Irish, and on my Mom's side, I'm mostly a mix of Irish and Scottish, but some of them arrived in Canada by way of the US, which they left with the other Loyalists during the American Revolution.