• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ethnic background

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Grandfather was born to a Jewish family in Poland (through out history many Jews migrated from the Rhine area to Poland), grandmother was born in Israel, on her side I am the 7th generation in Israel, originally from a family which came from Russia, yet from a family with a German surename.
other grandparents and father were born in Casablanca, Morocco, which may mean they may be of the Spanish Jewry wich was expelled in 1492 during the Spanish Inquisition (expulsion or conversion to Roman Catholicism), or that they are from the ancient Jewish community that lived among the Berber people from pre Islamic times.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
...other grandparents and father were born in Casablanca, Morocco, which may mean they may be of the Spanish Jewry wich was expelled in 1492 (expulsion or conversion to RC), or that they are from the ancient Jewish community that lived among the berber people from pre Islamic times.
My wife is Guatemalen and Hungarian- her mother's family has Sephardi roots, and even though it's more prevalent with Ashkenazi, I still have her to thank for the whole chromosome 15 mutation that forced me to have extensive blood tests when she was pregnant with our son.

I don't like blood tests. :eek:

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
I'm 100% kick ***! Dig it?

GetAttachment.aspx

MSizer

MSizer
Several generations canadian, but the surname roots from England. On my mom's side we're all french speaking canadian (although now that I live in southern ontario I don't get to speak much french any more and it's starting to get a bit rusty 8^(.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mothers' side: Romanian, German, English, French

Fathers' side: German, English, French, Scottish....

Kind of boring except for the Romanian side

John D

Spiritsurfer
Proudly 100% "Afrikaner - Boer" ( that Apartheid ******,****) bred for 250 years - before that - French/German and Dutch/German.

arimoff

I was born in Russia Caucus mountains not far away from chechniya, moved with my family to United States in 1993 when I was 9.

100% Jewish from both sides, my ancestors lived in Caucus since the great Persian Empire predating Muslim existence there, probably even before Russia came to be. Some of historic studies suggest my ancestors got there during the Babylonian exile.

Mountain Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
As far as I know I am 100% German. I want to do the national geographic Genographic. It tracks were your ancestors were and then moved too starting in the BCE. They can either use your Y chromosones for you father's side or your mitochondria for your mother's side.