• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Television Shows

keithnurse

I would also add "everybody loves raymond" and whatever the show is called with Nancy Grace as the commentator, and Geraldo Rivera's shows

rojse

RF Addict
I would also add "everybody loves raymond" and whatever the show is called with Nancy Grace as the commentator, and Geraldo Rivera's shows

Everyone Loves Raymond isn't the worst show on television to me, but yes, far over-rated compared to it's supposed qualities.

cardero

Citizen Mod
2. cardero might not agree on this one but, Pink Lady and Jeff
No, I agree, its just that Pink Lady is so cute, I can't look away.

untitled.jpg

I couldn't find a good picture of the ladies without Jeff.

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Supernatural
Desperate Housewives

They're both so awful that if i am ever forced to watch it, by the end, my IQ has dropped 50 points.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Desperate Housewives is good if you view it as a satire of a suburban drama.

Its a show for the drama seeking females, all the girls i know love it :rolleyes:

Same goes for Supernatual though, the girls only love it because they can have a perve :p

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Its a show for the drama seeking females, all the girls i know love it :rolleyes:

Same goes for Supernatual though, the girls only love it because they can have a perve :p

I don't watch Desperate Housewives. Don't like drama.
I like Supernatural because of the action and a little comedy.
Plus the babes are hot, Dean's car is the bomb and the soundtracks are cool.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I like Supernatural because of the action and a little comedy.
Plus the babes are hot, Dean's car is the bomb and the soundtracks are cool.
I adore Supernatural. God knows it's had some crappy eps, though. Most of the third season, for instance.

Shotland Street , Quite possibly the worst bad soap in the history of bad soaps, but come 4am I will be watching it , it has me in it's thrall. :cover:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I hate Coronation street,Eastenders,Emerdale,i hate this the most Big Brother,what a waste of electricity,i would rather watch grass growing that any of these,sadly my Wife watches them all.
I like comedy but not corny sitcom,i thought the phonejacker which can be seen on Utube,i watched Eddie Izzard on Sunday which was funny.

Enlighten

I hated Sunset Beach my gran used to watch it daily and my brother and I were tortured with its wobbling sets and over-exaggerated pauses to build tension throughout our school holidays

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What are the worst shows on television?
Any show where someone gets voted off or picked to leave at the end of the episode.

Note: the Amazing Race doesn't fall under this description for two reasons:

- there's no voting or picking. You just come last and that's it.
- it's actually a good show.

kadzbiz

Starting with...

Big Brother - exemplifies everything I hate about reality television - stupid and pointless, imparting no information to the viewer, nor is it fun, or interesting. Why do I care about what idiots think of eachother?
Two and a Half Men - blatantly sexist, lame jokes about all the different stereotypes dignified with the term character, and completely and utterly unoriginal.
My Name Is Earl - As a comedy, it isn't funny. As a drama, the characters are lame and stereotyped, and are all idiots. As a show trying to impart a "be kind to everyone" message, it's blatant and repetitive.
Neighbours and Home and Away - recycled plots, unchallenging, and any people with an ounce of acting skill are stolen for bigger and better products. It's teen angst soap drama at it's worst. The only difference between the two is that one is set near a beach, and the other is set in a suburban neighbourhood. Why does Australia export such dreadful television to the rest of the world?
Braniac - it's a British version of Mythbusters... except it takes the charm of the hosts, substitutes juvenile silliness instead, and asks the silliest of questions, of little interest or relevance to the viewer. Oh, and there is a severe lack of stuff being blown up, or destroyed in a number of creative ways.

I'll think of quite a few more - those are the shows on my mind at the moment.

I agree with all but TWO AND HALF MEN & MY NAME IS EARL. C'mon, these are great shows. They ARE funny. I rarely watch TV, but these are two programs I DO watch when I get a chance.

I can't stand; chat shows (all of them), infomercials, soaps, reality shows (except Amazing Race which I hardly ever get to see) sport talk shows, all those stupid shows about people and/or pets surviving some misfortune, sheesh, "biggest loser", "american (etc) idol" (except the outtakes), oh please, I have to stop, I'm getting agitated just thinking about all the crap on the TV these days.

rojse

RF Addict
I agree with all but TWO AND HALF MEN & MY NAME IS EARL. C'mon, these are great shows. They ARE funny. I rarely watch TV, but these are two programs I DO watch when I get a chance.

Two and a Half Men is filled with stereotype-based humour, which is quite unoriginal and not funny - Jake is fat, Alan is socially inept, Charlie sleeps with a lot of women. The same jokes repeated throughout the entire episode. Occasionally funny, but repeated far too often to be enjoyable. And the show is quite sexist to boot.

My Name is Earl doesn't even have the benefit of being funny. The characters are all trailer-park trash hicks, and acts as if anyone living in such a situation must be a complete moron. As a drama, the messages are more blatant than throwing custard pies, and the characters are far too stereotyped to actually care what happens.