• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Television Shows

rojse

RF Addict
Just about all reality TV shows. I don't care who'se dating who, who can live on island better, who can get through boot camp and who can't, or any other show.

Completely agree.

All celebrity based shows. I don't care about celebrities. What makes Patrick Swayze's cancer more important than an average joe's cancer? The same of celebrity rehab. Having a camera on them 24/7 doesn't make them any more important than you or me.

Completely agree here, too.

And, just about most shows that are on TV. Even South Park and Family Guy have been loosing it lately. They can hit a home run every once in awhile, but for the most part they have rely too much on shock and not enough on actual humor. Cold Case and Law and Order: SVU can be interesting at times though. And there is always Ripleys (which is starting to relly to much on sex appeal) and Naked Science.

Even though most current South Park, Family Guy, and Simpsons episodes cannot compare to their former selves, even a half-decent episode by one of these is far better than most of the dreck that graces our television screens.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
OH, and I forgot about Whale Wars. Saving whales is good, but putting your own crew's life on the line by making them be willing hostages, and then telling the world it's a real hostage situation, is just wrong. And not mention making his pilot fly a helicopter that know has a damaged rear propeler makes me seriously doubt that guy's abilities as a captain.

Smoke

Done here.
I couldn't say what the worst TV shows are. There are some I've seen that were just god-awful, like the Jerry Springer Show, Full House and Fresh Prince of Bel Air. However, there are others I've never seen but suspect of being even worse.

Watchmen

Premium Member
OH, and I forgot about Whale Wars. Saving whales is good, but putting your own crew's life on the line by making them be willing hostages, and then telling the world it's a real hostage situation, is just wrong. And not mention making his pilot fly a helicopter that know has a damaged rear propeler makes me seriously doubt that guy's abilities as a captain.

He's a terrorist. In the last episode I watched the captain ordered an attack on a Japanese vessel looking for a man who had gone overboard.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Most reality shows are crap, but The Amazing Race is...well...amazing.

Also, Jerry Springer the individual is a genius.

WORST SHOWS:
Whoever and Kate and 8 or whatever

Oprah (Newsweek recently did an article on her discussing the dangers of certain things she promotes on her show and then gets eaten up by all the Oprah worshippers).

ER (I know it's not on anymore, but it was on life support its last several seasons)

SNL (it's barely watchable these days)

rojse

RF Addict
Also, Jerry Springer the individual is a genius.

The Jerry Springer show is rubbish, but the man himself is a genius. It's trash television... but no one really cares. We can be judgemental about the participants in the show, laugh at their stupidity, and feel socially and intellectually superior.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He's a terrorist. In the last episode I watched the captain ordered an attack on a Japanese vessel looking for a man who had gone overboard.
That, and definitly a political bully.

keithnurse

To me Jerry Springer is the most boring show on tv, it's soooo predictable. The other worst shows to me are: Raising Miranda, which lasted only a few weeks several years ago; High School Reunion, Laverne and Shirley, The Price is Right, ugggh! Courage the Cowardly Dog (I hope cartoons are allowed on this list), SpongeBob, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, The Colbys.

Smoke

Done here.
To me Jerry Springer is the most boring show on tv, it's soooo predictable. The other worst shows to me are: Raising Miranda, which lasted only a few weeks several years ago; High School Reunion, Laverne and Shirley, The Price is Right, ugggh! Courage the Cowardly Dog (I hope cartoons are allowed on this list), SpongeBob, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, The Colbys.

I kinda like Courage the Cowardly Dog, though I don't go out of my way to see it.

You don't like to see shows with titles like "My Husband Screwed My Secret Lesbian Lover"?:confused:

Just imagine for one second.......mmmmmm........ yeh imagine for 1 second that that was an actual television show. how awessome would that be, let alone how much money it would rake in.

funnily enough, the bold and the beautiful comes close to this. however it happens to be unwatchable and will burn your eyes if you do.

true storey

cardero

Citizen Mod
Any Miller/Boyet production (Perfect Strangers, Step By Step, Family Matters). These people should have been dragged out and publicly executed.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Braniac - it's a British version of Mythbusters... except it takes the charm of the hosts, substitutes juvenile silliness instead, and asks the silliest of questions, of little interest or relevance to the viewer. Oh, and there is a severe lack of stuff being blown up, or destroyed in a number of creative ways.

Brainiac is a program full of big breasts, explosions, powertools and nonesense..
I like mythbusters, but brainiac is way better in my opinion. They are both as unscientific as possible and brainiac shows it better. The silliest of questions is the purpose, that's why you watch the show..

rojse

RF Addict
Brainiac is a program full of big breasts, explosions, powertools and nonesense..
I like mythbusters, but brainiac is way better in my opinion. They are both as unscientific as possible and brainiac shows it better. The silliest of questions is the purpose, that's why you watch the show..

I love MythBusters. It takes all the questions you wondered about that circulate as urban myth, or myths you have never heard of, and tries to answer them. The fact that they often involve explosions is a nice bonus.

Don't accept inferior British remakes, just like you wouldn't accept inferior American remakes.

rojse

RF Addict
Just imagine for one second.......mmmmmm........ yeh imagine for 1 second that that was an actual television show. how awessome would that be, let alone how much money it would rake in.

I just thought of a episode title that sounded like it belonged to a Jerry Springer show. If there was a Jerry Springer show title that was identical, I wouldn't be surprised.

And yes, it would rake in a lot of money.