• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Television Shows

rojse

RF Addict
What DO you find funny Rojse? I think you take those two shows too serious.

• Red Dwarf - an extremely odd cast (a chicken-soup machine repairman, a hologram, a computer AI, and a highly-evolved cat) lost in space in the far-future.
  • Only Fools and Horses - shady second-hand goods traders in London's east end getting up to all sorts of mischief.
  • Big Bang Theory - although Chuck Lorre was responsible for Two and A Half Men, he also created this show. Very smart and demanding of it's viewers, and lots of SF-flavoured jokes, which I enjoy.
  • Monty Python - you either hate it or love it, and you can't explain why it is so enjoyable to anyone who isn't a fan of Monty Python.
  • Fast Forward + Full Frontal - Aussie skit show with a variety of humourous styles.
  • Top Gear - UK version, obviously. Australian version tries too hard to copy the UK version, and doesn't really succeed.
  • Simpsons - older episodes only. Well-written, popular culture references are quite well-done, and the satirical jabs are gentle yet incisive.
  • South Park - constant lampoons popular culture, and unbelieveably tasteless at times.
  • Family Guy - too many non-sequiters that rely too much on popular culture references, but quite funny nonetheless
There are a bunch of other comedies I have encountered that are passable, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way to watch.

kadzbiz

Aussie skit shows are rubbish (except Milo Kerrigan, love him), South Park got too stupid, the rest I like.

rojse

RF Addict
Aussie skit shows are rubbish (except Milo Kerrigan, love him), South Park got too stupid, the rest I like.

You didn't like Full Frontal or Fast Forward? The rest are rubbish, certainly, but not those two (which are really one show, with two different titles).

South Park is extremely silly, but that is part of it's charm. But I must say the earlier episodes were the best.