• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Without God there can be no Lasting Peace

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another problem is that I don't know of any places where Baha'u'llah himself talks about being the "fulfillment" of Hinduism and Buddhism. Are there any?

Yes it is found often in the Writings.

This is but one.

"The time fore-ordained unto the peoples and kindreds of the earth is now come. The promises of God, as recorded in the holy Scriptures, have all been fulfilled. –" Baha’u’llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, pp. 12-13.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then, of course, "God" is such a general term. Do you mean Yahweh, Vishnu, Zeus or who? To me, it seems like people had different concepts of who God is and what he does and will do. They're not necessarily speaking about the "one" God that Baha'is believe in

It is the only One God by any name we see that God through, and how we have chosen to envisaged God.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But if it takes "believing" in this God of yours to get people to stop fighting and killing each other, then sure, let's all believe and live as one big happy family.

It may be that is notwhat people choose to do, but they may choose to see and embrace the wisdom in the Councils given.

Regards Tony

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Men of science own a human mother to own human life.

Possessed by man a baby by science man abstractly now with womans mind taught scientists are together as science mother son.

Four adults in two bodies owning each one human life agreeing to destroy life by mind control of machines by human thoughts to remove gods mass below to heat above us gases removing GOD.

The cooling function in two one fixed bodies.

O God the earth cooled in space mother womb by motion G spiral O DD until O body was held.

Heavens mass above us cools as motion GOD spiral cooling hot gas cold gas clear gas vacuum with clouds.

God holds the body placement.

Protection above being removed clouds mass witnessed falling out of earths heaven as stated UFO phenomena.

Science AI artificial human man chosen. The sin of man fallout.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Yes it is found often in the Writings.

This is but one.

"The time fore-ordained unto the peoples and kindreds of the earth is now come. The promises of God, as recorded in the holy Scriptures, have all been fulfilled. –" Baha’u’llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, pp. 12-13.

Regards Tony
Okay, which Scriptures of Hinduism and Buddhism have those “promises”? And do you have a quote from Baha’u’llah that specifically mentions Hinduism and Buddhism?

Pudding

That is what I believe.

But is it more than a just a belief, is it the chance of fulfillment that all Faiths have been waiting for?

Is that not the quandary faced in every age, is that not a lesson that history has taught us, that God has been found in many Names and in many ways?

For me to be true to that belief, that there is no Peace without God, my role first and foremost, in my daily life, is to be an example of what that lasting peace entails.

Another major part of that example is to make mention of that possibility, only to those that desire to talk upon that subject. That is where an individual's responsibly with God ceases.

So this OP is focused on this passage, that I see has come from God, it was given to us in the mid to late 1800's.

"....The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded...."

It is offered in that same Tablet, that God has never left us to ourselves, that we have always had the chance to find that peace and security in the wisdom given by God.

It has also been offered that in previous ages, persons known as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad (to name but a few) have all given us that chance at peace, given from God. They have all offered, each in turn, that it would be in the future when all humanity would be given the chance once again. Then the Bab came and offered that that day had come, that He was the Gate to that Day of God. Then Baha'u'llah offered that the Message He had, was that promised 'Day of God'.

"...The Pen of the Ancient King hath never ceased to remember the loved ones of God. At one time, rivers of mercy have streamed from His Pen, at another, through its movement, God’s perspicuous Book hath been revealed. He is the One to Whom none can compare, Whose utterance mortal man can never rival. He it is Who from everlasting hath been established upon the seat of ascendancy and might, He from Whose lips have gone out counsels that can satisfy the needs of the whole of mankind, and admonitions that can profit them...."

I see that is the Truth, that we cannot and will not find peace without embracing what God has said we need to do in this age.

What a quandary life offers.

Regards Tony
I see, you believe there'll be no peace if everyone didn't do whatever you say whatever your religion's leader says whatever a book says whatever a God says whatever everyone needs to do.

Do you also believe there'll be no peace if everyone don't join your religion and pay the membership fees too?

Some Jehovah's Witnesses might also believe there'll be no peace if everyone didn't do whatever they say whatever their religion's leader says whatever a book says whatever a God says whatever everyone needs to do. And they might demand we join them and pay them membership fees too.

Same might apply to some other different versions of abrahamic religions.

Well, if you guys really wants everyone to do whatever you guys say whatever a God says whatever everyone needs to do, and/or you guys want everyone to join one of you guys' religion and pay the membership fees, then you guys can start by:
(1) provide good objective evidence to prove the God exists.
(2) provide good objective evidence to prove God does say everyone needs to do whatever one of you guys says whatever God says whatever everyone needs to do.
(3) provide good objective evidence to prove God does say everyone should join one of you guys' religion and pay the membership fees.

If you guys' religions longed for more members and/or membership fees then you guys need to work hard for it, keep up the good work. When one of you guys success at providing the corresponding good objective evidence in this thread, then non-members might start consider whether they should give one of you guys their money and submission.

Until then.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I hate to refute good Christians who feel peace in their hearts and want to spread that peace throughout the world. But their vision of Christian peace is obviously the opposite of reality.

I do not see God has ever promoted anything but Love and Unity.

I do see the Holy Books record what will happen if we choose otherwise and in that way they have given us clear warnings.

So, we did get it wrong in the past, so now we can get it right in the future.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Misinformation and Facts about Secularism and Religion

There are lots of other sites showing this, but I wasn't sure which ones would be better received; i.e., most unbiased.

I am not sure how that will bring about peace? Virtues are a oath we all need to choose.

Simply I can ask do you know of any peace movement that has laid out a path that all nations need to pursue, if they are to find peace?

I know of one and that is the Baha'i Writings and the purpose of the Baha'i Faith, there is a clear path given, which contains the quotes in the OP opening post.

I would be interested to hear of more that have given a world vision, with a clearly defined path.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Okay, which Scriptures of Hinduism and Buddhism have those “promises”? And do you have a quote from Baha’u’llah that specifically mentions Hinduism and Buddhism?

Here is one.

This quote is taken from a longer passage in the “Book of the Forest” in the Mahabharata:

And when the end of the Yuga comes, crops will not grow in abundance. And the women will always be sharp in speech and pitiless and fond of weeping. And they will never abide by the commands of their husbands. And when the end of the Yuga comes, sons will slay fathers and mothers. And women, living uncontrolled, will slay their husbands and sons. … And when the end of the Yuga comes, men will cast away and neglect their friends and relatives and attendants. …

And when those terrible times will be over, the creation will begin anew. And men will again be created and distributed into the four orders beginning with Brahmanas. And about that time, in order that men may increase, Providence, according to its pleasure, will once more become propitious. And then when the Sun, the Moon, and Vrihaspati will, with the constellation Pushya, enter the same sign, the Krita age will begin again.

And the clouds will commence to shower seasonably, and the stars and stellar conjunctions will become auspicious. And the planets, duly revolving in their orbits, will become exceedingly propitious. And all around, there will be prosperity and abundance and health and peace. And commissioned by Time, a Brahmana of the name of Kalki will take his birth. And he will glorify Vishnu and possess great energy, great intelligence, and great prowess. And he will take his birth in a town of the name of Sambhala in an auspicious Brahmana family.

And vehicles and weapons, and warriors and arms, and coats of mail will be at his disposal as soon as he will think of them. And he will be the king of kings, and ever victorious with the strength of virtue. And he will restore order and peace in this world crowded with creatures and contradictory in its course. And that blazing Brahmana of mighty intellect, having appeared, will destroy all things. And he will be the Destroyer of all, and will inaugurate a new Yuga. And surrounded by the Brahmanas, that Brahmana will exterminate all the mlecchas wherever those low and despicable.The Mahabharata, Book 3: Vana Parva, Section CLXXXIX, translated by Kisari Mohan Ganguli, p. 390.

The King of Kings is Baha’u’llah.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see, you believe there'll be no peace if everyone didn't do whatever you say whatever your religion's leader says whatever a book says whatever a God says whatever everyone needs to do.

May be peace be with you. It's up to you as to how you want to respond to the Councils given of God.

I am just here to offer that the Quoted passage speaks for itself, I have only made it known to you.

So, Peace be with you, Regards Tony

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That is what I believe.

But is it more than a just a belief, is it the chance of fulfillment that all Faiths have been waiting for?

Is that not the quandary faced in every age, is that not a lesson that history has taught us, that God has been found in many Names and in many ways?

For me to be true to that belief, that there is no Peace without God, my role first and foremost, in my daily life, is to be an example of what that lasting peace entails.

Another major part of that example is to make mention of that possibility, only to those that desire to talk upon that subject. That is where an individual's responsibly with God ceases.

So this OP is focused on this passage, that I see has come from God, it was given to us in the mid to late 1800's.

"....The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded...."

It is offered in that same Tablet, that God has never left us to ourselves, that we have always had the chance to find that peace and security in the wisdom given by God.

It has also been offered that in previous ages, persons known as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad (to name but a few) have all given us that chance at peace, given from God. They have all offered, each in turn, that it would be in the future when all humanity would be given the chance once again. Then the Bab came and offered that that day had come, that He was the Gate to that Day of God. Then Baha'u'llah offered that the Message He had, was that promised 'Day of God'.

"...The Pen of the Ancient King hath never ceased to remember the loved ones of God. At one time, rivers of mercy have streamed from His Pen, at another, through its movement, God’s perspicuous Book hath been revealed. He is the One to Whom none can compare, Whose utterance mortal man can never rival. He it is Who from everlasting hath been established upon the seat of ascendancy and might, He from Whose lips have gone out counsels that can satisfy the needs of the whole of mankind, and admonitions that can profit them...."

I see that is the Truth, that we cannot and will not find peace without embracing what God has said we need to do in this age.

What a quandary life offers.

Regards Tony

The historical track record shows that belief in god makes no difference at all when it comes to peace. In fact, a lot of times the opposite is true.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why?

This has been so for thousands of years, from the earliest known records.
In other words, it seems it has been like this always.

There is no reason to think that will change.

I know we will change, is is beyond my thoughts, it is already written and proclaimed that we will become a new race of men. A race that embraces peace over war, unity over predudices, the ways of God over our own desires.

This is the dawn of that change.

That's my opinion based on what is already disclosed about the future of humanity.

Regards

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I am not sure how that will bring about peace? Virtues are a oath we all need to choose.

Simply I can ask do you know of any peace movement that has laid out a path that all nations need to pursue, if they are to find peace?

I know of one and that is the Baha'i Writings and the purpose of the Baha'i Faith, there is a clear path given, which contains the quotes in the OP opening post.

I would be interested to hear of more that have given a world vision, with a clearly defined path.

Regards Tony

I think the path is inside us if we lay our ego aside.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I know we will change, is is beyond my thoughts, it is already written and proclaimed that we will become a new race of men. A race that embraces peace over war, unity over predudices, the ways of God over our own desires.

This is the dawn of that change.

That's my opinion based on what is already disclosed about the future of humanity.

Regards
Get in line.
Such "messages" have been repeated ad nauseaum through the millenia as well.
Again, the historical track record makes me not hold my breath.