• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Without God there can be no Lasting Peace

idea

Question Everything
You have your beliefs and I have mine. You can have yours, and I hope it's okay if I have mine.

I was just burned pretty badly by so-called messengers, so now feel obligated to speak out against those with grandeous delusions. Best to seek equality, not heirarchies. Best to take personal responsibility and be self-reliant. Those who seek followers tend to inhibit personal growth.... A good "doctor" does not have return visits. A spiritually enlightened person does not have return visits.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I was just burned pretty badly by so-called messengers, so now feel obligated to speak out against those with grandeous delusions. Best to seek equality, not heirarchies. Best to take personal responsibility and be self-reliant. Those who seek followers tend to inhibit personal growth.... A good "doctor" does not have return visits. A spiritually enlightened person does not have return visits.
The Baha'i Faith is definitely an "organized" religion. It's going to have rules. It's going to have its leaders. Mistakes are going to be made, because the leaders are only fallible humans.

Bird123

God is the invention of the so-called messengers. Has anyone proved the existence of God? What to understand if there is no God? Why run after an imaginary entity?

God does exist. No one speaks for God. Anytime all the facts are not known, people patch the gap with Beliefs. Religion leads people in the wrong direction when they teach people to stop at beliefs.

Reality is about Discovery and knowing rather than believing and accepting.

God can be Discovered, not as a Belief. When one acquires a certain amount of Understanding, God just might pay them a visit.

There is proof of God. This is something one must Discover for oneself. Like so many things if life. It is something others can not do for you.

Many people claim to speak for God, however they seem to speak for mankind than anyone else. So much is said about God that simply isn't true. If you base God on what religion has been teaching, it's no wonder so many are convinced God could not possibly exist.

The first thing God pointed out to me is that mankind carries such a narrow view. I cry that. A journey to Discover God must include a wide view with the stretch of your highest intelligence and open to all possibilities.

God and reality, it does all add up perfectly.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

idea

Question Everything
The Baha'i Faith is definitely an "organized" religion. It's going to have rules. It's going to have its leaders. Mistakes are going to be made, because the leaders are only fallible humans.

When anyone claims their own personal rules come from God, that is trouble. All organizations are created by imperfect people. At work, I'm lucky, we have meetings, checks and balances, accountability. Everyone is willing to listen to others, and change.

As soon as anyone claims anything came from god, there is no more listening, there is no changing, there is no admitting faults - they can't say woops I guess that was not from God afterall....

Peace - at work, in the world- comes through listening, and saying "woops! I guess I didn't have all the info, let me change that".

The "God said so" , my narrow way or the highway - God doesn't change (aka my opinion of what God wants doesn't change) doesn't really foster peace.

Bird123

Because God is infinite, and we are finite. If you try to communicate with God, is what you think you receive from him actually from Him, or your imagination?

And you do? How do you know that? How could that ever be confirmed by you?

The scientific laws can be known, but what about moral precepts? Science can't really tell us what they are.

Yes, you keep saying that like a mantra. What that means to me is that your cup is full, and nothing more can be poured in it. No one tell you anything more that you think you already know and be accepted by you, it appears to me. I hope I'm wrong about that.

As I became an adult, I realized so much of religion did not add up. I started a journey to Discover the Real Truth regardless of what that truth might be. I was open to all possibilities. I was even open to the possibility that God did not exist. If God exists, God can be found.

In this time-based causal universe, God's actions can be seen. By understanding God's actions, one will understand God, not as a Belief but what actually is.

The base I would not fall below was that everything about God must add up perfectly. Further, if all the physics add up perfectly, so must the people factor. Failure of the math would point to God not existing.

Eb and Flow of knowledge helps putting pieces together. This idea goes like this: If you are going to build a car, all cars must have certain things.: An engine, brakes, a ways to steer, a place to sit. You get the idea.

As one puts a piece together, it opens doors to more knowledge and more doors that can be opened. As one puts enough pieces together, one starts to Understand.

When one reaches a certain level of Understanding, one might just get a visit from God. God will never show up until you are at a certain level because most would end up confused by the experience. Further, God will never intimidate one's choices. If the visit would intimidate one's choices, the visit will not happen.

God is very High Intelligence. Hang on to your hat. God works on multiple levels with multiple views. A few moments conversation with God will take a very intelligent person maybe a week to understand all that was said. How much went over one's head and was missed?

How do I know it was God? Names are never needed or used. Everyone already knows who everyone is. This might sound funny, however communication is so much better than language. I know this was God because no one has the capability for this experience even in imagination.

God does not value all those petty things mankind holds so dear like Ruling, Controlling, Blaming, Hating, Judging, Condemning, Punishing, Coercing, Intimidating, Creating a We against They, and all the baggage so many people carry with them. You are going to really like God. God is Unconditional Love.

We all already know God whether we know we know or not. Any experience with God will never be a bad one.

Do I know it all? I have been on my journey a very very long time. There is so much to Learn and Discover that it could never be done in one mere physical lifetime. In reality, I am no more or less than a Hungry student ever moving forward to Discover more.

I simply copy God. God places knowledge and truth around us all. I simply place truth in the world. God will never ever intimidate your choices. Free choice is a very important part of the system. I will point to where one can Discover the truth for themselves, however I too will never tell others what they should choose. Let God's system work.

That is what I see. It's very clear!!

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
When anyone claims their own personal rules come from God, that is trouble. All organizations are created by imperfect people. At work, I'm lucky, we have meetings, checks and balances, accountability. Everyone is willing to listen to others, and change.

As soon as anyone claims anything came from god, there is no more listening, there is no changing, there is no admitting faults - they can't say woops I guess that was not from God afterall....

Peace - at work, in the world- comes through listening, and saying "woops! I guess I didn't have all the info, let me change that".

The "God said so" , my narrow way or the highway - God doesn't change (aka my opinion of what God wants doesn't change) doesn't really foster peace.
Funny but Baha'is almost say that is what we must do... listen to each other. Except they say that God told their prophet to tell us that is what we must do. They even allow for "woops". If their supreme leaders, the Universal House of Justice, makes a mistake, it can be changed. Of course, it must be followed and obeyed until it is found to be wrong. And anything the prophet said can't be changed. So, it is a very top-down kind of thing going on. The prophet said, then the leaders say, and the followers do. That is some of them. As with all organized religions, there's a lot of nominal believers.

Bird123

It may be clear to you, but I do not need any God. Why should I care for something that I do not need?

Very Good!! Each will choose what they wish to seek. I am one who had to know the real truth about God and this world. To seek something else is no crime. Our choices show God and the world what we know and what we need to learn.

Remember, God wants everyone to choose freely. There is no punishment for any choice. There is only education. This time-based causal universe is perfect for that purpose.

In Living our Lessons, we will all learn what our choices really mean. When one understands all sides, Intelligence will choose the best choices. There really is no need for anyone to value all the petty things mankind holds so dear. On the other hand, these too are lessons to learn.

Be who you must! It's a part of the plan! Listen to the advice of others but walk your own path. Life's lessons are best learned that way.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
All this carrot and sword story does not impress me. You can't get around 'no evidence'.
With God also, there have been no peace, Russia firing rocket on Ukraine and China around (as yet) Taiwan and Japan.

Last edited: