• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Without God there can be no Lasting Peace

joelr

Conflict is a choice, a choice we can change overnight. The longer we choose to ignore the choices God has offered, the greater will be the frequency and events that will change our minds.

Regards Tony

Right, so the billions in Islam will say to you, please stop ignoring what Allah has said and follow the words of the prophet.
Then billions of Christians will say follow Jesus,
Then this will continue for about 1000 religious.
Then the 6000 sects of just Christianity will tell you you are doing something wrong and not doing what God intended.
Then the hundreds of interpretations of Islam will tell you each how to follow Gods words.

Even if a fantasy world happened where everyone converted to Bahai (you dodged my question which is sketchy) then someone suddenly disagrees on some doctrine. Can't get along, they have to split into another faction.
Besides that it's creepy you want everyone to follow your beliefs, it's also weird that you can't see how that is actually part of the problem. Every religious person thinks they are correct.
The longer people try to define things that are not real, the more weird variations you get.
This is classic religion. When you base things on fantasy and speculation you get 1000s of interpretations.

Well, go ahead, convert to Islam and start converting everyone else. They are much bigger and will be the biggest religion by 2050, so since no one can demonstrate their beliefs are true, majority rules. Maybe not now but by 2050 you should convert. Why ignore God? If he spoke to Bahai he spoke to everyone else. Everyone is correct. You want your cake and you want to eat it.

joelr

Conflict is a choice, a choice we can change overnight. The longer we choose to ignore the choices God has offered, the greater will be the frequency and events that will change our minds.

Regards Tony

No one is ignoring any choices God has offered.
You or anyone else has not demonstrated even a tiny amount that any God has offered choices. You made claims. As does Islam, radicalized Islam, and all other religions and Scientology.
Another thing that is a choice. Believing claims for emotional reasons and using confirmation bias to rationalize belief in something we want to be true that may not be true.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As long as there is diversity of religion, there will always be those who choose conflict.

That also supports the OP. It has been offered that if religion is the cause of hatred or division, we are better off without that religion.

Thus it has been now shown how all the foundations of religion are One and there is no excuse for there to be any conflict in religion, it is the only the result of individuals choices.

Regards Tony

Kfox

That also supports the OP. It has been offered that if religion is the cause of hatred or division, we are better off without that religion.
THAT religion? I wasn’t talking about a particular religion, I was referring to ALL religions; the fact that they are all diverse is the cause of many conflicts.
Thus it has been now shown how all the foundations of religion are One
I disagree! Perhaps all of the “Abrahamic religions might have the same foundations, but most religions have different foundations.
and there is no excuse for there to be any conflict in religion,
The conflict is often based on each religion claiming they are the only truth, and all others are lies; that not only are they good, but everybody else is bad. IOW it is the religion itself that causes such conflict.
it is the only the result of individuals choices.
The individual choice of adopting such a religion, and believing what it teaches.

stevecanuck

That is what I believe.

But is it more than a just a belief, is it the chance of fulfillment that all Faiths have been waiting for?

Is that not the quandary faced in every age, is that not a lesson that history has taught us, that God has been found in many Names and in many ways?

For me to be true to that belief, that there is no Peace without God, my role first and foremost, in my daily life, is to be an example of what that lasting peace entails.

Another major part of that example is to make mention of that possibility, only to those that desire to talk upon that subject. That is where an individual's responsibly with God ceases.

So this OP is focused on this passage, that I see has come from God, it was given to us in the mid to late 1800's.

"....The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded...."

It is offered in that same Tablet, that God has never left us to ourselves, that we have always had the chance to find that peace and security in the wisdom given by God.

It has also been offered that in previous ages, persons known as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad (to name but a few) have all given us that chance at peace, given from God. They have all offered, each in turn, that it would be in the future when all humanity would be given the chance once again. Then the Bab came and offered that that day had come, that He was the Gate to that Day of God. Then Baha'u'llah offered that the Message He had, was that promised 'Day of God'.

"...The Pen of the Ancient King hath never ceased to remember the loved ones of God. At one time, rivers of mercy have streamed from His Pen, at another, through its movement, God’s perspicuous Book hath been revealed. He is the One to Whom none can compare, Whose utterance mortal man can never rival. He it is Who from everlasting hath been established upon the seat of ascendancy and might, He from Whose lips have gone out counsels that can satisfy the needs of the whole of mankind, and admonitions that can profit them...."

I see that is the Truth, that we cannot and will not find peace without embracing what God has said we need to do in this age.

What a quandary life offers.

Regards Tony

I've lived peacefully for 72 years minus any magic sky fairy.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see any effort to make a better future for all humanity is following what God has asked us to do

I'd say that getting religions out of the business of shaping human society is a good first step, which really means disempowering them.

Humanism has a better plan for society.

if religion is the cause of hatred or division, we are better off without that religion.

I would have said, "if ANY religion is the cause of hatred or division, we are better off without that religion" and "if religion is the cause of hatred or division, we are better off without ANY religion"

I'd say our best hope at improving world unity is diminishing religion and promoting secular humanism, which central tenets include tolerance and diversity.

Even though ultra orthodox Christianity is a departure from the religion of Jesus of Nazareth, its a least a step away from the evil of Atheism.

Here's the divisiveness of religion and faith. Humanists don't do that. Humanists won't call you evil for your beliefs.

but (according to you) god has always been here, yet we still don't have peace. Therefore it seems that god is not part of the peace equation.

Yeah, if we wait for God, we'll still be waiting in another few millennia.

I say the same thing to those who refer to God-given rights. If you're waiting for a god for those rights, you'll get about what they got in the Middle Ages. Rights only exist where man enumerates them and enforces them, another humanist idea. This whole God idea is a distraction from constructive action. Injecting gods into anything diminishes it. Theism doesn't belong in our science or our moral theory. We do better at both without it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
THAT religion? I wasn’t talking about a particular religion, I was referring to ALL religions; the fact that they are all diverse is the cause of many conflicts.

No that is no a fact about religion.

God has warned us that some human traits are not part of religion, even if we use them.

The cause of conflict is the lack of observance of God's Councils, exactly what this OP offers.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I disagree! Perhaps all of the “Abrahamic religions might have the same foundations, but most religions have different foundations.

I see you have offered an example of relative truth.

Back in 1893 a World Parliment of Religions was formed, this is an extract about the 100 anniversery;

"...The 1993 Parliament was designed to encourage interfaith dialogue through the commemoration of the centenary of the 1893 World's Parliament of Religion. With the involvement of the Institute for 21st-Century Studies, special attention was given to critical social problems confronting a global people preparing for the 21st century. Mutual understanding and respect in addressing the social crisis facing all participants was emphasized. Among the issues addressed were ecology, science, technology, business, social inequality, violence, community, health and healing, the media, pluralism, and women's issues. The Parliament brought together more than 8,000 registrants representing over 125 religions from 56 nations..."

Presented at this meeting a Declaration of a Global Ethic. "Hans Küng of the University of Tübingen drafted the basic formulation of "A Declaration of a Global Ethic." Remarkably, this 5,000-word document was signed, after Board debate and minor modifications, by 95 percent of the religious leaders in attendance."

Now look what they put their signature to.

"..The document begins with the premises of contemporary economic, ecological, and political crises. It clearly articulates a common foundational religious ethic based on the teachings of the world religions. The Declaration argues that this set of core values must be internalized in a transformation of consciousness if the current crises are to be overcome. "Irrevocable directives" of the Global Ethic are: 1) non-violence, respect, and justice towards humanity and the ecosystem as whole; 2) a condemnation of economic exploitation and an equitable restructuring of the world economy; 3) tolerance and truthfulness, especially in reference to politics, economics, the professions, and the mass media; and 4) an affirmation of respect and love, especially as this pertains to the equality of the sexes..."

World's Parliament of Religion | Encyclopedia.com

So when we look for common ground, it can be found and again it supports the OP.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but (according to you) god has always been here, yet we still don't have peace. Therefore it seems that god is not part of the peace equation.

That just demonstrates why I am for naught but peace, love and unity and why others that have not embraced this God given advice, offer otherwise.

It also supports the OP, the God given councils that must be embraced before we can find the peace and security of mankind.

May naught but, peace, love and unity be yours. Regards Tony

Sheldon

Veteran Member
this is interesting. So can I assume that if we believe what others can prove, that doesn't count as religion? For example, I believe in human created climate change, but I can't - on my own - prove it. So from this perspective of yours, would my belief in climate change be a "religious" belief?

religion
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Classic No True Scotsman.

Or it is plain and simple a classic case of godless treatment of an innocent child.
I've lived peacefully for 72 years minus any magic sky fairy.

How about all our brothers and sisters across the globe?

Or is this world all about your peace and security?

That reply also supports this OP, as God requires us to supply to all others that what we supply to our own selves. That in our life we should not allow any person to suffer the basic needs of life, if we have it all.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah, if we wait for God, we'll still be waiting in another few millennia.

That is exactly what this OP is about.

God warned us in the mid to late 1800's what was going to happen as the world sunk deeper into materialism all the while moving further away from the guidance given by God.

God gave us the chance of the Most Great Peace.

So why did it get rejected, it was not about waiting for God, it is about acceptance of God.

So the Most Great Peace was rejected, so the way to obtain a lesser peace, via a union of Nations who would disarm and set National boundaries was also given, well before the first world war.

So again, it was not about waiting for God, it is about us accepting the Councils already given by God.

Those Councils are still valid, still available.

That same advice given to us also contained the warnings, as God knows of our choices. There will be 3 major conflicts, 2 have already happened, the 3rd will be the turning point, it will bring about destruction widespread and swift.

It will be after that that the Councils of God will be considered, but not before humanity on a wider scale, try to do away with religion. It will be during that process that humanity as a whole will realise that Faith is life, being godless is death.

That is my take on what has been offered, but there is a great more detail offered and others can draw their own conclusion.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No need to hold your breath, it is all unfolding around us each day.
Indeed it is...

“Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.” Gleanings, p. 7