• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you take the vaccine, when it's available?

Will you take the vaccine when it's available?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Although I'm no doctor, I have a pretty good range of knowledge of general medicine (my doctor always asks, "what do you need me for?" when I self-diagnose correctly). And I'm no scientist, though I have a reasonable grounding in general science, and several disciplines.

The notion of getting a shot in the arm with the new vaccines soon to be availble isn't in the slightest frightening to me. In fact, it's so welcome that, believe me, my sleeve is already rolled up in anticipation of when I can get onto the priority list (at 73, almost, I suspect I'm on about list number 3 -- not perfect, but hopefully good enough).

I have had every vaccination available to me in my life, with one exception. I get the flu shot every year religiously (yes, the atheist said that), because the last time I had the flu, it was so bad it scared me into a lifelong commitment to being vaccinated every year.

The one shot I didn't get was against shingles -- and guess what? Yes, I got shingles! Freaking horrible -- almost lost my left eye to it.

So, will you get a shot, or won't you? Why or why not?

No. I'm not around people like that to consider myself at high risk other than being in an any-germ polluted environment. I never took the flu shot. Actually, I'm not a vaccine person regardless. That last shot I took was in preschool requirement. The closest I have to flu and like symptoms is when there is dry air or if it's cold or so have you.

Hopefully, it won't be forced on us. Usually, doctors don't treat illnesses the patient doesn't complain or display symptoms of. So, I'm crossing my finger it's just voluntary.

Last edited:

Wandering Monk

This is a good point. In Ohio, they've rolled out a plan for distribution.

The federal government has advised that the Ohio Department of Health will not know the exact number of vaccines that will be shipped to Ohio until closer to each shipment date. The current shipment figures, which are subject to change, are as follows:

• On or around December 15, a shipment from Pfizer will include 9,750 vaccines for Ohio's prepositioned hospital sites. An additional 88,725 vaccines will go to Walgreens and CVS for congregate care settings.
  • On or around December 22, a shipment of 201,000 vaccines is expected from Moderna. These vaccines will go to 98 hospitals for vaccination of those who are exposed to COVID patients and to 108 health departments to vaccinate other frontline workers such as those working in emergency medical services.
  • On or around December 22, another shipment is also expected from Pfizer. The tentative number of vaccines in this shipment is 123,000. These vaccines will go to Walgreens and CVS for vaccination of those in congregate care settings.
  • A few days later, Ohio expects another 148,000 vaccines from Pfizer and 89,000 vaccines from Moderna.
COVID-19 Update - December 4, 2020

I personally won't be seeing it until next year at the earliest.

Up to this point, 80% of Covid deaths have been in people over age 50. Something like 40% have been from congregate care facilities. Vaccinating the congregate care folks and employees could have a dramatic effect on ICU cases about a month after vaccination, with some smaller degree of protection about 10 days after the first of two injections.

Wandering Monk

No. I'm not around people like that to consider myself at high risk other than being in an any-germ polluted environment. I never took the flu shot. Actually, I'm not a vaccine person regardless. That last shot I took was in preschool requirement. The closest I have to flu and like symptoms is when there is dry air or if it's cold or so have you.

Hopefully, it won't be forced on us. Usually, doctors don't treat illnesses the patient doesn't complain or display symptoms of. So, I'm crossing my finger it's just voluntary.

They can't strap you down and inject you. But you can be fined. This was upheld by SCOTUS in 1905, Jacobson v. Massachusetts.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
They can't strap you down and inject you. But you can be fined. This was upheld by SCOTUS in 1905, Jacobson v. Massachusetts.

Wow. I know here at the pharmacy, there is a sign that they highly suggest people, I think, 65 and over to get their flu shot. But its not mandatory. Maybe in high risk areas, I don't know but out in the sticks in the country... hm.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In my wife's and my case, yes we'll take it as both our age and medical situations make it a rather logical, thus an easy choice. My wife is 71, a type-2 diabetic, has very limited lung capacity, and take immunity suppressants for her rheumatoid arthritis. At 75, my health is much better than hers but I do have to work hard to keep my type-2 diabetes and blood pressure in check.

No I will not. I find a govt that spies on whats its citizens say and what they believe and then lines them up to inject chemicals into their veins a little intrusive.
Just saying thats a little to much freedom for govt and too little for the people.
Not only that but this is new technology and no long term effect studies have been done.
What do we do if in 5 years we find it caused sterility in our children? The vaccine companies and governments have already claimed exemption from liability. Why?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

I wonder if employers and schools are going to mandate the vaccine? I foresee litigation, unfortunately.

Wandering Monk

I wonder if employers and schools are going to mandate the vaccine? I foresee litigation, unfortunately.

When I was working, if a person didn't get the annual physical check up, the company raised their deductible. Vaccines were free at first, if you wanted them. Later, they charged a small fee, basically at cost.

Wandering Monk

I'm encouraged that the number who say "yes" is almost 80%, although one could wish it to be a little higher.

Dr. John Campbell cited a CDC estimate that only 1 in 8 cases of Covid have been detected. That suggests that about 100 million Americans have had it. That is nearly half way to a herd immunity threshold of 70%. We may reach that level before the vaccines are available to the masses. Unfortunately, that would also suggest we have a lot more deaths to endure from Covid.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Whoa, whoa, hold on... What do you mean "no"..? :eek:
I mean no.
Every time I get a vaccine for anything I get sicker than a dog.

I check off every single high risk box save age.
Diabetes
COPD
heart disease
hypertension
GERD
Autoimmune deficiency

I am content staying locked away from physical contact until this blows over.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Although I'm no doctor, I have a pretty good range of knowledge of general medicine (my doctor always asks, "what do you need me for?" when I self-diagnose correctly). And I'm no scientist, though I have a reasonable grounding in general science, and several disciplines.

The notion of getting a shot in the arm with the new vaccines soon to be availble isn't in the slightest frightening to me. In fact, it's so welcome that, believe me, my sleeve is already rolled up in anticipation of when I can get onto the priority list (at 73, almost, I suspect I'm on about list number 3 -- not perfect, but hopefully good enough).

I have had every vaccination available to me in my life, with one exception. I get the flu shot every year religiously (yes, the atheist said that), because the last time I had the flu, it was so bad it scared me into a lifelong commitment to being vaccinated every year.

The one shot I didn't get was against shingles -- and guess what? Yes, I got shingles! Freaking horrible -- almost lost my left eye to it.

So, will you get a shot, or won't you? Why or why not?
Yeah, I'll get it once there's enough that it gets distributed to people like me (not a healthcare worker, not elderly, etc.).

I think it's important to get, but I won't try to deprive someone who needs it more by jumping the line.

When I was working, if a person didn't get the annual physical check up, the company raised their deductible. Vaccines were free at first, if you wanted them. Later, they charged a small fee, basically at cost.
I usually dont cave to pressure. I either fight it or walk away. A mandate on what I must do doesn't go well if I dont believe in it.
I also dont do modern industrial chemical medicine if at all possible.
I am 60 years old and the last time I saw a doctor for a routine physical and lab tests about a year ago. One doctor said "I keep trying to find something wrong with you but I cant" and another said "you are the healthiest patient I have in this facility" I dont take any medications. I refuse to. Even aspirin and ibuprofen.
Years ago i was told by a doctor i was getting high cholesterol and they sent me prescription bottles of pills in the mail that could if i was unlucky give me side effects of liver problems, headaches, ulcers, etc. I threw them in the garbage and didnt take any of them. Instead I quit slathering everything in butter. (I loved butter) Two months later my cholesterol levels were back to looking excellent. No.medication needed.
When I was a child they used to give me antibiotics. I must have had antibiotics 20 times in my young life. Not once in all those times did the prescribing doctor tell me that when I was done taking them that every living thing in my body was dead and to take probiotics afterwards for my better health. And these doctors came from years of medical school and supposedly were concerned first and foremost for my health.
I am sure there are a few doctors who will. But the odds are against it.
I just dont do modern industrial chemical medicine anymore unless its for something physical like a broken arm.
Also regarding medicine and religion. as deep as I have gotten in religous studies in these years of my life. It has become a very strict religous no no. The whole history of the snake in the garden thing. The snake with its enticement of "you will not die" along with other implications of snakes and medicine in old writings. And the iconic snake on the medical staff thing
At this point its agaimst my religion to seek living on as long as possible into the medical community. I trust Gods purpose and earthly limitations on life more. I know I will die a physical earthly death. I have become comfortable with that.
With regards to this whole vaccine thing. Did you know a child in this world dies every 12 seconds from hunger? (I think thats the number. You can look it up.)
I am.more concerned about that. As I ought to be. Its been a pandemic ever since I was born.

Dave Watchman

I just voted no, no thanks.

I'll let you guys go first.

I'm looking at another thread at another forum where they are talking about it.

They say the vaccine will not protect an individual from getting the corona virus in the same way as a Polio vaccination will prevent Polio. The vaccinated population can still test positive for the virus, they will just present as asymptomatic. Therefore masks, social distancing and all the rest will still be required.

Pfizer chairman: We're not sure if someone can transmit virus after vaccination.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1334663233383358470

Based on the info we have been given over the last two weeks, it looks like the vaccines primary purpose is to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed. The vaccine isn't to stop the virus but to make people "feel" as though the virus did not make them as sick. If you "feel" OK you won't need to flood the emergency room.

And also the issue of the corona viruses mutations and how long the vaccine would remain a protection. May require 3 to 4 vaccinations per year.

Anyone with an autoimmune disorder is advised to use caution.

The vaccine will make your veins glow under a black light

From the petition:

X. In the Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA vaccine candidate, polyethylene glycol (PEG) is found in the fatty lipid nanoparticle coating around the mRNA. Seventy percent of people make antibodies to PEG and most do not know it, creating a concerning situation where many could have allergic, potentially deadly, reactions to a PEG-containing vaccine. PEG antibodies may also reduce vaccine effectiveness.

Pfizer/BioNTech is also inserting an ingredient derived from a marine invertebrate, mNeonGreen, into its vaccine. The ingredient has bioluminescent qualities, making it attractive for medical imaging purposes, but it is unclear why an injected vaccine would need to have that quality. mNeonGreen has unknown antigenicity.

I’m sure some of you have an autoimmune disorder. Please see section VIII on page 4. It's so important for people with immune issues already to know this. The new vaccine can cause a hyper immune response and create a cytokine storm, which can cause severe damage to the lungs and other organs.

Section X on page 5 speaks about one of the ingredients, polyethylene glycol, and how 70% of people already make or have antibodies to PEG and could have a potentially life threatening reaction to this substance. Also, why the bioluminescent?

Woe to pregnant women?

And section XI on page 5 indicates that the effect on fertility is yet unknown and they show how this particular type of vaccine could potentially cause women to become infertile and/or unable to carry a baby to term.

This is all very concerning to be just rushing it to the public. Don't just take my word for it either. Research the ingredients, research how they work, research how this new kind of vaccine (mRNA) has been and is still in the study phases of other diseases and it still has not been brought out for general use.

https://2020news.de/wp-content/uplo...FINAL_01DEC2020_EN_unsigned_with_Exhibits.pdf

I've still not heard a valid excuse for why they are including Luciferase as a part of the vaccine.

Luciferase is a generic term for the class of oxidative enzymes that produce bioluminescence, and is usually distinguished from a photoprotein. The name was first used by Raphaël Dubois who invented the words luciferin and luciferase, for the substrate and enzyme, respectively.
Luciferase - Wikipedia

I might think that the insertion of mNeonGreen is that they have some intention of using rapid focus testing post vaccination. I could see it on a large scale to gather data in regards to effectiveness and longevity and I don't think it's ever been done before. That said, it would be including something in the vaccine that's intended for post vaccination testing and possibly even diagnosis. I wonder if they intend to fully disclose this to patients in any way and if not, what the legal ramifications or potential for lawsuits down the road might be.

They're telling people they're going to vaccinate them, not tag them internally for later testing. The only other possibility I could imagine would be that they intend to verify the success of the vaccination but that would be essentially the same thing as above, just a slightly different goal.

Still, it would be very easy at an airport just to switch on the black light and watch which part of the crowd glows with green veins.

Like i say, I'll let you guys go first.

Dr. John Campbell cited a CDC estimate that only 1 in 8 cases of Covid have been detected. That suggests that about 100 million Americans have had it. That is nearly half way to a herd immunity threshold of 70%. We may reach that level before the vaccines are available to the masses. Unfortunately, that would also suggest we have a lot more deaths to endure from Covid.
How many more deaths of children dying world wide from hunger are coming in the near furure?
Just keeping perspective.
At this point it all seems to be about marketing to me.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Up to this point, 80% of Covid deaths have been in people over age 50. Something like 40% have been from congregate care facilities. Vaccinating the congregate care folks and employees could have a dramatic effect on ICU cases about a month after vaccination, with some smaller degree of protection about 10 days after the first of two injections.
I think what most are, or have been, led to believe that when a vaccine is made available, life will return to pre-covid status.

It seems that view has been reneged now, even with a vaccine on the horizon.

It begs the question if the government is willing to release the chokehold it has on people's businesses and means of support or if it likes it so much they will never allow things to go back to the way it once was.

Bear in mind the duration of the Spanish Flu as a comparison of what a reasonable time frame looks like.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I just voted no, no thanks.

I'll let you guys go first.

I'm looking at another thread at another forum where they are talking about it.

They say the vaccine will not protect an individual from getting the corona virus in the same way as a Polio vaccination will prevent Polio. The vaccinated population can still test positive for the virus, they will just present as asymptomatic. Therefore masks, social distancing and all the rest will still be required.

Pfizer chairman: We're not sure if someone can transmit virus after vaccination.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1334663233383358470

Based on the info we have been given over the last two weeks, it looks like the vaccines primary purpose is to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed. The vaccine isn't to stop the virus but to make people "feel" as though the virus did not make them as sick. If you "feel" OK you won't need to flood the emergency room.

And also the issue of the corona viruses mutations and how long the vaccine would remain a protection. May require 3 to 4 vaccinations per year.

Anyone with an autoimmune disorder is advised to use caution.

The vaccine will make your veins glow under a black light

From the petition:

X. In the Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA vaccine candidate, polyethylene glycol (PEG) is found in the fatty lipid nanoparticle coating around the mRNA. Seventy percent of people make antibodies to PEG and most do not know it, creating a concerning situation where many could have allergic, potentially deadly, reactions to a PEG-containing vaccine. PEG antibodies may also reduce vaccine effectiveness.

Pfizer/BioNTech is also inserting an ingredient derived from a marine invertebrate, mNeonGreen, into its vaccine. The ingredient has bioluminescent qualities, making it attractive for medical imaging purposes, but it is unclear why an injected vaccine would need to have that quality. mNeonGreen has unknown antigenicity.

I’m sure some of you have an autoimmune disorder. Please see section VIII on page 4. It's so important for people with immune issues already to know this. The new vaccine can cause a hyper immune response and create a cytokine storm, which can cause severe damage to the lungs and other organs.

Section X on page 5 speaks about one of the ingredients, polyethylene glycol, and how 70% of people already make or have antibodies to PEG and could have a potentially life threatening reaction to this substance. Also, why the bioluminescent?

Woe to pregnant women?

And section XI on page 5 indicates that the effect on fertility is yet unknown and they show how this particular type of vaccine could potentially cause women to become infertile and/or unable to carry a baby to term.

This is all very concerning to be just rushing it to the public. Don't just take my word for it either. Research the ingredients, research how they work, research how this new kind of vaccine (mRNA) has been and is still in the study phases of other diseases and it still has not been brought out for general use.

https://2020news.de/wp-content/uplo...FINAL_01DEC2020_EN_unsigned_with_Exhibits.pdf

I've still not heard a valid excuse for why they are including Luciferase as a part of the vaccine.

Luciferase is a generic term for the class of oxidative enzymes that produce bioluminescence, and is usually distinguished from a photoprotein. The name was first used by Raphaël Dubois who invented the words luciferin and luciferase, for the substrate and enzyme, respectively.
Luciferase - Wikipedia

I might think that the insertion of mNeonGreen is that they have some intention of using rapid focus testing post vaccination. I could see it on a large scale to gather data in regards to effectiveness and longevity and I don't think it's ever been done before. That said, it would be including something in the vaccine that's intended for post vaccination testing and possibly even diagnosis. I wonder if they intend to fully disclose this to patients in any way and if not, what the legal ramifications or potential for lawsuits down the road might be.

They're telling people they're going to vaccinate them, not tag them internally for later testing. The only other possibility I could imagine would be that they intend to verify the success of the vaccination but that would be essentially the same thing as above, just a slightly different goal.

Still, it would be very easy at an airport just to switch on the black light and watch which part of the crowd glows with green veins.

Like i say, I'll let you guys go first.
That's a lot of conspiracy nonsense for one post.