• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you take the vaccine, when it's available?

Will you take the vaccine when it's available?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I mean no.
Every time I get a vaccine for anything I get sicker than a dog.

I check off every single high risk box save age.
Diabetes
COPD
heart disease
hypertension
GERD
Autoimmune deficiency

I am content staying locked away from physical contact until this blows over.
Truly sorry to hear that. There's just no way we can ignore the fact that some people do react very badly to many things -- including vaccines.

I've been really lucky, I react -- just about literally -- to nothing. No vaccine has ever even made my arm sore (the most common side-reaction). I've rolled in poison ivy when I was a kid, and nothing happened.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I usually dont cave to pressure. I either fight it or walk away. A mandate on what I must do doesn't go well if I dont believe in it.
I also dont do modern industrial chemical medicine if at all possible.
I am 60 years old and the last time I saw a doctor for a routine physical and lab tests about a year ago. One doctor said "I keep trying to find something wrong with you but I cant" and another said "you are the healthiest patient I have in this facility" I dont take any medications. I refuse to. Even aspirin and ibuprofen.
Years ago i was told by a doctor i was getting high cholesterol and they sent me prescription bottles of pills in the mail that could if i was unlucky give me side effects of liver problems, headaches, ulcers, etc. I threw them in the garbage and didnt take any of them. Instead I quit slathering everything in butter. (I loved butter) Two months later my cholesterol levels were back to looking excellent. No.medication needed.
When I was a child they used to give me antibiotics. I must have had antibiotics 20 times in my young life. Not once in all those times did the prescribing doctor tell me that when I was done taking them that every living thing in my body was dead and to take probiotics afterwards for my better health. And these doctors came from years of medical school and supposedly were concerned first and foremost for my health.
I am sure there are a few doctors who will. But the odds are against it.
I just dont do modern industrial chemical medicine anymore unless its for something physical like a broken arm.
Also regarding medicine and religion. as deep as I have gotten in religous studies in these years of my life. It has become a very strict religous no no. The whole history of the snake in the garden thing. The snake with its enticement of "you will not die" along with other implications of snakes and medicine in old writings. And the iconic snake on the medical staff thing
At this point its agaimst my religion to seek living on as long as possible into the medical community. I trust Gods purpose and earthly limitations on life more. I know I will die a physical earthly death. I have become comfortable with that.
With regards to this whole vaccine thing. Did you know a child in this world dies every 12 seconds from hunger? (I think thats the number. You can look it up.)
I am.more concerned about that. As I ought to be. Its been a pandemic ever since I was born.

May I ask, what faith do you practice?

I have my RF on default mode. So I can't see people's religious affiliation.

Wandering Monk

How many more deaths of children dying world wide from hunger are coming in the near furure?

Not sure about the near future, but the trend is dramatically downward for child mortality! Keep up the good work, In fact, the UN believes that global extreme poverty can be eliminated by 2030.

upload_2020-12-5_10-39-32.png

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Truly sorry to hear that. There's just no way we can ignore the fact that some people do react very badly to many things -- including vaccines.

I've been really lucky, I react -- just about literally -- to nothing. No vaccine has ever even made my arm sore (the most common side-reaction). I've rolled in poison ivy when I was a kid, and nothing happened.
I get just as sick regardless of what vaccine I receive.
My doctors all seem to think I am having some sort of allergic reaction to the vaccines, but they do not know what, exactly, is causing it.

Dave Watchman

That's a lot of conspiracy nonsense for one post.

I was thinking that too.

I have more that I was saving for latter.

I can break it up into smaller segments.

Forced Vaccination Law ABANDONED in Denmark After 9 Day Mass Protests.

“The Danish Health Authority would be able to define groups of people who must be vaccinated in order to contain and eliminate a dangerous disease,” reports the Local.

“People who refuse the above can – in some situations – be coerced through physical detainment, with police allowed to assist.”

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
I think all these people who think they know better than the experts in a complex field should have all their electronic devices taken off them and told they can post on the internet again when they've built their own from scratch....

Dave Watchman

I think all these people who think they know better than the experts in a complex field should have all their electronic devices taken off them and told they can post on the internet again when they've built their own from scratch....

Draconian much?

Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij tests corona positive, participated in vaccine trial 15 days ago

Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij has tested positive for coronavirus days after participating in the trial of coronavirus vaccine Covaxin. On November 20, Vij had participated in a trial of coronavirus vaccine Covaxin.

Haryana Health Min Anil Vij tests Covid positive days after getting single dose of Covaxin

Not sure about the near future, but the trend is dramatically downward for child mortality! Keep up the good work, In fact, the UN believes that global extreme poverty can be eliminated by 2030.

View attachment 45844
The U N has said that regarding dying children since the 1960s
Lets see. Those who are funding this pandemic have also had access to large industrial food supplies across the globe. They have access to shipping industries and barges. Global and world political leaders. Militaries. Governments. Etc. Are all involved and active. And yet they let children die today and even while you are reading this.
The difference? One pandemic makes money. One you have to lose a lttle. No one has to die of starvation. Especially children. We now have seen instant co-ordinated action on a global scale.
No children. I repeat No children have to die in great numbers. But they will. We are responsible. If we choose to take our resources amd energy and apply them elsewhere.
Today you can buy pharmacuticle stocks and make money. Push it on others make even more.
Go home. Eat.
Unfortunatly there is no money to be made in saving starving young children and ending the tragedy. There is money however to be made in making the elderly and diseased being put into fear. Isnt this forum about religion? Why is the one pandemic taking precedence over the other. Elderlies lives over our children. When with this massive global response we are seeing. Child starvation can be a thing of the past by next month. 1 child every 12 seconds die of hunger yet it is not as important as a corona virus with pneumoniae.

Dave Watchman

That's a lot of conspiracy nonsense for one post.

COVID-19 immunity 'could last three months after infection or vaccination'

Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE),..

"We conservatively estimate that a protective immune response after SARS-CoV-2 infection or vaccination may last for 90 days (moderate confidence)," they say.

"Based on this information, we conclude that: Within one month of natural infection, a high proportion of people will develop immunity which is protective against disease caused by reinfection (high confidence).

"This protection is likely to persist for at least three months (moderate confidence)."

But they add: "Some individuals will not develop immunity following either natural infection or vaccination (high confidence).

"The proportion is unknown but it likely to be small (moderate confidence)."

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Already had COVID... so I'm vaccinated.

As much as I wish that were true, that doesn't seem to be the case. My sister works in the medical field, and has seen people infected a second time(the second time usually being worse than the first, sometimes claiming a life).

Wandering Monk

Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE),..

"We conservatively estimate that a protective immune response after SARS-CoV-2 infection or vaccination may last for 90 days (moderate confidence)," they say.

"Based on this information, we conclude that: Within one month of natural infection, a high proportion of people will develop immunity which is protective against disease caused by reinfection (high confidence).

"This protection is likely to persist for at least three months (moderate confidence)."

But they add: "Some individuals will not develop immunity following either natural infection or vaccination (high confidence).

"The proportion is unknown but it likely to be small (moderate confidence)."

They may be referring to antibodies, which don't last very long after infection. However, B, and T cells can last for decades. People who got infected with Sars1 in 2003 still have B and T cells that were generated by that infection.

https://www.healio.com/hematology-o...immune-system/components-of-the-immune-system

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
As much as I wish that were true, that doesn't seem to be the case. My sister works in the medical field, and has seen people infected a second time(the second time usually being worse than the first, sometimes claiming a life).

Does lung related illness usually recurrent?

May I ask, what faith do you practice?

I have my RF on default mode. So I can't see people's religious affiliation.
Unveiled Artist. To answer your question.
My faith is in an existing Creator of all the physical universe both seen and unseen and of all that lives. A beginning and all present all controlling entity. I believe the future is about to change.
I believe the physical world is not all there is to life. I believe our spirit whether we see a universal change or not will understand the judgement of our actions after we pass from this physical world. I believe in spiritual life continuing after passing from tbis world. We will understand and feel what we have done to ourselves and others at that point of passing on. It will be a review and a judgement.
I believe everthing is not just happening happenstance but that the past and future have a divine purpose.
I believe that soon time and space itself will divide. There will be a dividing of time and there will be seperation and a healing for some. Others will be removed.
I have no religous affiliation and it is against my religion to sign papers and join any defined religous group with doctrinal beliefs.
I do not hate or condemn caring religions who practice love and compassion to others. I believe in the humam spirit. I believe that if there is a household whether islamic or christian or otherwise, Where a loving grandmother of any beliefs loves her children. Does the ethical rights. Hurts no one. And looks up and prays earnestly towards God. That God does not condemn her. Nor can any man argue with Gods judgements concerning. Even I can not argue with true judgement.
I do not hate religous factions or condemn them to hell. This is totally against my religion. And considered a blasphemy on the lavel of personal cold blooded murder. One who has a loving spirit should not ever be harmed in Gods eyes
I have studied religion on a personal basis for many years and have had spiritual guidence as I believe from another compassionate being at rare times. Even a vision or two and an occasional teaching dream about thing that were pertinent.
These were very rare and mostly I like everyone else need to learn and grow on my own. I am not any more special or saved than anyone else. I can fail judgement. My time is not yet finished here
I believe in transcending the golden rule and not only treating others as we would want to be treated. But to treat others with even more respect and compassion. The spirit of ouselves and others is important and we should take great care to nurture such things.
I believe in God. I believe in a compassionate Spirit. I believe we have a spirit essence which needs to be taken care of. I believe in prayer. I believe in spiritual continuance after physical death.
Thats my religion.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
That is kind of my point. Medical science, in my view, includes application of drugs and vaccines by those qualified to administer them, not just the drugs and vaccines themselves.

What spending a year and a half living in a hospital setting was that medicine is little more than a practice...a guessing game, if you will. How much trust can one place in that?

My suggestion to all is to educate themselves on what medicines and treatments are being administered and question everything, as medicine, just as with any other human practice, is not immune to error or negligence.

I'm currently supporting a friend with bipolar who was put on long term antipsychotic depot injection a few months back and has now developed severe Parkinson's Disease. He can't even lift a cup of coffee to his lips due to the tremor. It is a medication he should never have been started on (IMHO) and after nearly two months its looking as if the neurological damage could be permanent. So yeah, error and negligence are rife in the medical community.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I voted yes, although knowing the testing new drugs have to go through, I do feel....conflicted? hypocritical? sad? yes.