• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you take the vaccine, when it's available?

Will you take the vaccine when it's available?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Rye_P

Deo Juvante
The government have decided that private sector workers probably need to wait until 2022 (when the second batch of vaccines arrives), and if there's a vaccines from a commercial providers, it will most likely cost a ton. Considering the prices of daily needs that keep increasing and the fact that our salary won't get any significant raise in 2021 due to the inflation, I highly doubt that I will be able to pay it for the entire family.

So maybe no.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So, will you get a shot, or won't you? Why or why not?

Yes, I plan to get it when it's available. I'm not sure where I fall on the list, but I know there are those who are higher risk and should be a higher priority to get the vaccine. I'm content to wait my turn.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The government have decided that private sector workers probably need to wait until 2022 (when the second batch of vaccines arrives), and if there's a vaccines from a commercial providers, it will most likely cost a ton. Considering the prices of daily needs that keep increasing and the fact that our salary won't get any significant raise in 2021 due to the inflation, I highly doubt that I will be able to pay it for the entire family.

So maybe no.

what.?! What country decides that government workers are more of a priority than private sector employees? That seems odd to me.

Rye_P

Deo Juvante
what.?! What country decides that government workers are more of a priority than private sector employees? That seems odd to me.

Welcome to Indonesia ;)

Religious figures also in priority list, but not middle class workers.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
They can shoot me up with vaccine as soon as it's available to me. Yes is pretty much untested and may have as yet unknown side effects but given the circumstances i am ok with that

As well as reducing the spread of the virus and hopefully putting it on a manageable footing I guess hubby and will be on some urgent list somewhere, both of us have medical conditions that warrant it.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'll wait patiently (no pun intended) until my turn is called. Then I will get the jab (or two) thankfully.

Early indication is that airlines are going to refuse people who haven't had the jab; I envisage pubs and restaurants will do the same.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not at first. Depends on how effective it is, and if there are any unknown side effects reported prior to making a decision.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I don’t, and for good reason. But I’ll take the vaccine nonetheless.

I trust a properly conducted randomised double blinded control trial to provide reliable information about the efficacy and adverse effects of drugs and vaccines. I don’t trust medical science to solve all problems, nor my colleagues or myself to be free error.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I trust a properly conducted randomised double blinded control trial to provide reliable information about the efficacy and adverse effects of drugs and vaccines. I don’t trust medical science to solve all problems, nor my colleagues or myself to be free error.

That is kind of my point. Medical science, in my view, includes application of drugs and vaccines by those qualified to administer them, not just the drugs and vaccines themselves.

What spending a year and a half living in a hospital setting was that medicine is little more than a practice...a guessing game, if you will. How much trust can one place in that?

My suggestion to all is to educate themselves on what medicines and treatments are being administered and question everything, as medicine, just as with any other human practice, is not immune to error or negligence.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Although I'm no doctor, I have a pretty good range of knowledge of general medicine (my doctor always asks, "what do you need me for?" when I self-diagnose correctly). And I'm no scientist, though I have a reasonable grounding in general science, and several disciplines.

The notion of getting a shot in the arm with the new vaccines soon to be availble isn't in the slightest frightening to me. In fact, it's so welcome that, believe me, my sleeve is already rolled up in anticipation of when I can get onto the priority list (at 73, almost, I suspect I'm on about list number 3 -- not perfect, but hopefully good enough).

I have had every vaccination available to me in my life, with one exception. I get the flu shot every year religiously (yes, the atheist said that), because the last time I had the flu, it was so bad it scared me into a lifelong commitment to being vaccinated every year.

The one shot I didn't get was against shingles -- and guess what? Yes, I got shingles! Freaking horrible -- almost lost my left eye to it.

Yes, like a shot! :D

One would be mad - and have no sense of civic responsibility - not to.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Although I'm no doctor, I have a pretty good range of knowledge of general medicine (my doctor always asks, "what do you need me for?" when I self-diagnose correctly). And I'm no scientist, though I have a reasonable grounding in general science, and several disciplines.

The notion of getting a shot in the arm with the new vaccines soon to be availble isn't in the slightest frightening to me. In fact, it's so welcome that, believe me, my sleeve is already rolled up in anticipation of when I can get onto the priority list (at 73, almost, I suspect I'm on about list number 3 -- not perfect, but hopefully good enough).

I have had every vaccination available to me in my life, with one exception. I get the flu shot every year religiously (yes, the atheist said that), because the last time I had the flu, it was so bad it scared me into a lifelong commitment to being vaccinated every year.

The one shot I didn't get was against shingles -- and guess what? Yes, I got shingles! Freaking horrible -- almost lost my left eye to it.

Yes, I'll get it. As a healthcare worker I'll be one of the first, here in California.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Already had COVID... so I'm vaccinated.