• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why it's confusing us more than guiding us?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Why not? We are individual but, did we create ourselves?. This life meant for something. There is a God who created us for some purpose. And we are all in it together. We just need to let go of the selfishness, the greediness, and other things to come over the difficulties.

Selfishness and greediness aren't inherently bad. Even supposedly selfless people are motivated by selfishness for themselves in the next world. And if we honor the equal rights of all others, selfishness is actually an inherently good thing.
We are all one, if every single person have their own religion, there will be no conflicts.

That's saying that everyone can have their own religion to justify whatever they want. It's impossible for subjective morality to work.

But what is happening now is something else, there are a lot of conflicts which mean there is a religion that we supposed to take the path toward it or else we are in the wrong path.

Whatever that religion is, it has to promote the same simple equal rights for all.

To make people believe in God who created us. And to do good deeds to go to the paradise. To know who is good person and who is bad. All in all it is only for human. If we were angle we won't make mistakes, and we just follow the orders of God, but since we are human we have the free will, we decide, we make mistakes, we ask for forgiveness, and we are living an exciting life, after we die, if we were good we go to the paradise, and get al the rewards the best of the best that we never heard or saw in our life, but if we were bad we go to hell just to be punished a little and we would be sent to paradise and live forever there.

I agree.[/QUOTE]

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Then why people create those things? I read that people create those things to get closer to God.?
Why you create things to get closer to God while you can be close to God directly? is there anyone or anything prevent you from interacting with God, or you don't know the way to?

As I just told you, God is a man-created concept. It was created, best as I can understand it right now, in order to further the perception that our dearest hopes are justified.

There is no such thing as "interacting with God" except to the extent that one decides which attributes to give one's conception of God, when one is such a believer.

Not really, it is not restricted than yours, in the contrary, it is more open than yours.

It give women their rights, it give the Arabic and the non-Arabic and the black and white people the same rights.

We do pray in time, and we have fun. we don’t shed blood in order to pray. We don’t hit ourselves to ask for forgiveness. We don't climb the mountains or whatever people do to get closer to God. my religion is simple and Peaceful.

Excuse me? What you are saying here is entirely self-contradictory. You don't seem to have the slightest idea of what I call religion, yet you make claims about it anyway.

If that the case, then everyone will have their own version of God and religion.
Such is indeed the case.

I prefer one who united us as a whole instead of lots different ones and lots of bad consequences will arise like conflicts .
Many people think likewise. I think it is a very dangerous belief to have, though. It is patent that such monotheistic hopes lead to far more conflict that they avoid, at least in the long term and the greater picture.

It doesn't make sense for people to make their own God. You make something, worship it with too much respect, then when you don’t like it you throw it or change it or make new one.
Yes, that is exactly what happens. Except that you are missing the parts that relate to social integration.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus peace be upon him, according to my religion is still alive and he will come later when there will be a war that no one can win, Jesus peace be upon him will come to rescue us and then he will rule the earth to win against the enemies. So, Adam peace be upon him and so all the human were there in the world of unknown and unseen, before coming to earth but we were there witnessing, then we came to life in the earth, then we will die , our body but not our soul, then again we will die ( I'm not sure only body or body and soul), then we will be alive forever to be rewarded or punished.

The reward is ' everlasting life ' ( some alive forever in heaven, most spending eternal life here on Earth )
The punishment is ' everlasting destruction ' - 2 Thessalonians 1:9
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7

Since the soul dies - Ezekiel 18:4; Ezekiel 18:20 - and the soul can be destroyed - Acts of the Apostles 3:23 - then the soul is: mortal.
Adam was never offered immortality ( be death proof ) otherwise Adam would be with us today.
Adam was made from the dust of the ground and returned to where he started - Genesis 3:19
If the soul does Not die, then there would be No need for a resurrection.
An immortal soul would mean a person who is more alive after death then before death.
The immortal do Not need a resurrection from the dead but the mortal do.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
True. it is up to us to decide what is right. But, people need some guiding to enlighten them, and to open their eyes to the right path.

Father Abraham used God's words to guide him.
Psalms 119:105 likens Scripture to a light to our path ( a flash light for our feet ) and a light to our roadway ( headlights )
So, by trusting God as father Abraham did we can see clearly ahead as if high beams were turned on brightly until the perfect day arrives ( Messiah's 1,000-year day of governing over Earth )
- Proverbs 4:18

A Vestigial Mote

But if we belief in God no matter what we do, we will go to the paradise at last. You are not only one but you are three in one, the "I am" ( the one makes you do bad things) , "your soul", and you ,correct me if I'm mistaken. Your body and you the I am will end in the end of your life in the earth, but your soul will be still there after your death. So, after death you will not completly vanish but your soul will be there.
In return for these supposed nuggets of "wisdom" I would offer you the meaning of the word "claptrap".

The Bible contains passages that tell everyone not to challenge it, or else. Religions are full of control mechanisms and scare tactics, but that is all they are.

I don't know about Christianity. You can't judge all religions by that.

So in the previous post scenario, because of your belief that Muhammad is the last prophet, there is no way that another could come after him. In other words, you are limiting God, and stating that God can't change His mind and send another for a modern age. That is not very open minded.

My belief in God is that He is the Supreme Being, completely omnipotent, and can pretty much do whatever the heck He wants to. God does not need a bunch of man made drivel to define Him.

Exactly.

Because God want, the prophet Muhammed peace be upon him, to be the last messenger that is why he is the last messenger. Not because you do want or you don’t want. Because he want and he said so.

Talking about the strongest, God is the strongest, the greatest, the almighty, but also God is the most merciful. He can just make you worship him forcefully, because he can. But instead he is giving you the free will, so you yourself decide to worship him, by yourself. He created you, but didn’t force you to worship him despite him being the almighty and the strongest.

God give you the free will, he let you think before you decide so that you can see by yourself how he created you, and how he created the universe, how great is the world you live in, he gave you a chance to think before you decide. He didn't make you submit to Him, before you truly believe in him. He didn't force you but he can. And you call God close-minded.

God is that He is the Supreme Being, completely omnipotent, and can pretty much do whatever the heck He wants to.

Still, if God " is the supreme being, completely omnipotent, and can pretty much do whatever the heck he wants to"
If he forced you to worship him because" he can do what he want", you will still complain.

But if you think about Islam this way, then I may say that you are the closed-minded, because you had an image you don't want to change about Islam.

By the way, our holy book, to befit all the ages, it talks about the past, the present and the future.

Oh, some Hindus believe in five sheaths and not just three as you have mentioned.

"A Kosha , usually rendered 'sheath', is a covering of the Atman, or Self according to Vedantic philosophy. There are five Koshas, and they are often visualised as the layers of an onion.
The five sheaths (pancha-kosas) are described in the Taittiriya Upanishad. From gross to fine they are:
Annamaya kosha, "foodstuff" sheath (Anna)
Pranamaya kosha, "energy" sheath (Prana/apana)
Manomaya kosha "mind-stuff" sheath (Manas)
Vijnanamaya kosha, "wisdom" sheath (Vijnana)
Anandamaya kosha, "bliss" sheath (Ananda)
According to Vedanta the wise person, being aware of the subtle influences of the five elements within each kosha, ever discerns the Self amidst appearances."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosha

But I have been there, done that. Now, though I remain a Hindu, I am a strong atheist - which means I deny even the slightest possibility of existence of God or soul. Obviously, our views differ greatly.

Yeah obviously. You can't change your mind i can't change my mind.
We are on a good terms at least.

Most of us agree most of the time,
and we have all survived until now because of this.

The disagreements are actually quite small,
but the disagreement gets talked about alot
because where people are unsure
they want to be certain.

Take a step back and look at all the unspoken agreement, perhaps?

Instead of looking at the few difference, why not take the whole picture and connect some tips to come up with the conclusion. Almost all the religions have something similar to each other, if we connect the tips from all the religions we come with a conclusion, and you have to find what that conclusion and there lies the right answer.

Selfishness and greediness aren't inherently bad. Even supposedly selfless people are motivated by selfishness for themselves in the next world. And if we honor the equal rights of all others, selfishness is actually an inherently good thing.

That's saying that everyone can have their own religion to justify whatever they want. It's impossible for subjective morality to work.

Whatever that religion is, it has to promote the same simple equal rights for all.

To make people believe in God who created us. And to do good deeds to go to the paradise. To know who is good person and who is bad. All in all it is only for human. If we were angle we won't make mistakes, and we just follow the orders of God, but since we are human we have the free will, we decide, we make mistakes, we ask for forgiveness, and we are living an exciting life, after we die, if we were good we go to the paradise, and get al the rewards the best of the best that we never heard or saw in our life, but if we were bad we go to hell just to be punished a little and we would be sent to paradise and live forever there.

I agree.
[/QUOTE]

Where do you find a religion that talk about the equality of women and men rights. The Arabic and non Arabic (language, region) . The black and the white. All have the same rights?. It is just that "some" people do not apply it because of some personality issues. But it is there.

I meant that it is impossible that every individual have his own religion.

And I totally agree with you.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
After death there will be a reward or punishment. But if we belief in God no matter what we do, we will go to the paradise at last.

That's hardly indicative of a 'just' or 'moral' god, that the best part of the afterlife will be inhabited by good people who deserve to be there, mixing with murderers, fanatics, cowards, tyrants & rapists - who get to pass on the suffering saved for genuinely good, kind, caring, compassionate, virtuous people who just happened to not find the arguments for Allah all that convincing - simply because they believed in Allah.

God is a man-created concept

Well as I said before, and I agree that some religions are man-created but some are not.

Unless it was a religion changed by a man or was created by some philosophers, then your arguments are invalid.
"interacting with God"

Interact with God not physically but it something happens if you believe in God, you wouldn't know how it feel until you try it.

Excuse me? What you are saying here is entirely self-contradictory. You don't seem to have the slightest idea of what I call religion, yet you make claims about it anyway.

You said my religions is restricted that yours, how would you know when you never been a Muslim before?
I don't know about your religion.

Maybe it is less restricted than mine, however mine is not extreme restricted as you think it is.

You mean, like the Ka'aba?

We don’t worship Kabba, we only worship a one God, the Kabba is only the house of God, a place where we pray. And it happen to be al Kabba because God wanted us to be united, so we pray in one direction toward the Kabba.

When we pray, we never say " oh Kabba thank you for everything, please guide us" no we go there we pray there and say " oh Allah, thank you for everything, please guide us"

The reward is ' everlasting life ' ( some alive forever in heaven, most spending eternal life here on Earth )
The punishment is ' everlasting destruction ' - 2 Thessalonians 1:9
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7

Since the soul dies - Ezekiel 18:4; Ezekiel 18:20 - and the soul can be destroyed - Acts of the Apostles 3:23 - then the soul is: mortal.
Adam was never offered immortality ( be death proof ) otherwise Adam would be with us today.
Adam was made from the dust of the ground and returned to where he started - Genesis 3:19
If the soul does Not die, then there would be No need for a resurrection.
An immortal soul would mean a person who is more alive after death then before death.
The immortal do Not need a resurrection from the dead but the mortal do.
Father Abraham used God's words to guide him.
Psalms 119:105 likens Scripture to a light to our path ( a flash light for our feet ) and a light to our roadway ( headlights )
So, by trusting God as father Abraham did we can see clearly ahead as if high beams were turned on brightly until the perfect day arrives ( Messiah's 1,000-year day of governing over Earth )
- Proverbs 4:18

It is the same things in my religion. We also, belive in Adam, Abraham, Jesus, Moses and all the Messengers peace be upon them.

Who says I have "nothing in [my] store"? You? Do not be naive.

I made a mistake, it wasn't meant for you. It is a processes comes after you believe, not before.

In return for these supposed nuggets of "wisdom" I would offer you the meaning of the word "claptrap".

It wasn't really my "saying or wisdom", it is just something i heard about, and i wanted it to share it, nothing more, no bad intentions though.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
We don’t worship Kabba, we only worship a one God, the Kabba is only the house of God, a place where we pray. And it happen to be al Kabba because God wanted us to be united, so we pray in one direction toward the Kabba.

When we pray, we never say " oh Kabba thank you for everything, please guide us" no we go there we pray there and say " oh Allah, thank you for everything, please guide us"

It houses a meteorite, - al-Hajar al-Aswad - which is kissed and stroked.

20157811481817a.jpg

That's hardly indicative of a 'just' or 'moral' god, that the best part of the afterlife will be inhabited by good people who deserve to be there, mixing with murderers, fanatics, cowards, tyrants & rapists - who get to pass on the suffering saved for genuinely good, kind, caring, compassionate, virtuous people who just happened to not find the arguments for Allah all that convincing - simply because they believed in Allah.

Every person will be punished for what they did no matter what it is whether it is small-hidden mistakes or big ones. It depend on every mistakes and what the intentions behind it. However, if they showed regret, were good intentioned, and asked for forgiveness after knowing what they caused, they might be forgiving, and it is all up to God because no human know the hidden intentions, nor they can judge any because they don't have the authority to do so, but God is the All knowing, the All hearing, the all aware.

Even if they believed in Allah but going around killing people, they won't just go to heaven, they will be punished for what they did. God is the just and the utterly judge.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. but your soul will be still there after your death. So, after death you will not completly vanish but your soul will be there.
Will the soul remain the grave till the Yawm al-Qiyāmah? In Hindu/Urdu, we say 'Kayamat tak' (Till Yawm al-Qiyāmah).
Not really, it is not restricted than yours, in the contrary, it is more open than yours.
It give women their rights, it give the Arabic and the non-Arabic and the black and white people the same rights.
We do pray in time, and we have fun. we don’t shed blood in order to pray. We don’t hit ourselves to ask for forgiveness. We don't climb the mountains or whatever people do to get closer to God. my religion is simple and Peaceful.
Luis, did I see you laugh or roll on the floor laughing or gnash your teeth?
I don't know about Christianity. You can't judge all religions by that.
Which religion other than Islam do you think you know about?
.. but also God is the most merciful.
Yes, we can see it very clearly, right from Nigeria/Mali to Afghanistan/Pakistan. It seems they are drowning in His mercy.
It wasn't really my "saying or wisdom", it is just something i heard about, and i wanted it to share it, nothing more, no bad intentions though.
Do you believe whatever you hear? I agree that you do not have any bad intention, but we must check what we hear and not believe blindly.

Last edited: