• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you dislike Islam?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Female genital mutilation
Pushing homosexuals off of towers
Burning people alive in a cage
Honor killings
Throwing acid in faces
Cutting of the hands of theives
Stoning adulterers
Misogyny
Terrorism

What does Islam the world offer to offset that?
Oil and Dubai. :p

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I don't think their advancement was due to gaining knowledge from the Byzantine & Sassanid empires
as today all sciences are available to them but they're still lacking behind.

Where did their knowledge come from if not the more advanced but militarily weaker civilisations the Muslims conquered? And assuming for the sake of argument you are right, why didn't the Islamic Golden Age start when Islam was still confined purely to Arabia?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't expect that the Arab peninsula can do it prior to Islam, they were weak, divided and ignorant,
Islam was the major part for their progress.

So as soon as they submitted kerching!,a large volume of knowledge decended on them,after all muhammed couldn't do it as he was illiterate.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't expect that the Arab peninsula can do it prior to Islam, they were weak, divided and ignorant,
Islam was the major part for their progress.

Imru al qais seemed to do ok before Islam and under a deity that shares his name,his poetry is still revered so the idea that the arab peninsular was full of dunces is far from true.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Where did their knowledge come from if not the more advanced but militarily weaker civilisations the Muslims conquered? And assuming for the sake of argument you are right, why didn't the Islamic Golden Age start when Islam was still confined purely to Arabia?

And why it didn't start in Europe before Arabs reaching it?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Imru al qais seemed to do ok before Islam and under a deity that shares his name,his poetry is still revered so the idea that the arab peninsular was full of dunces is far from true.

Poetry isn't science, and no relation between lacking in science and dunces,
in the dark age Europe was lacking in science, does that mean the Europeans are dunces?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Poetry isn't science, and no relation between lacking in science and dunces,
in the dark age Europe was lacking in science, does that mean the Europeans are dunces?

Al qais is regarded as an intellectual,so please explain how Islam developed this amazing science.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Means all of a sudden,kind of eureka moment

I didn't say that they started science but they did a huge improvements on sciences.
How Islamic inventors changed the world

During the Golden age of Islam students were traveling to Andalusia and Baghdad
to gain knowledge, today Arabs are traveling to Europe to gain knowledge and we
can see great Arabian scientists, professors, surgeons ...etc working in the west, one of many is Adnan Mjalli who's starving to find the best cure for diseases.
Small drug company tackles big-time diseases

I doubt the Muslims could have done it prior to their conquest of Byzantine & Sassanian territories. The elephant in the room is that the Islamic Golden Age didn't occur until the 8th Century when the Arabs controlled the majority of land formerly belonging to both of these empires and subsequently gained access to their accumulated knowledge.

That's probably a slightly misleading way to look at it. It wasn't really 'Arabs getting access to their knowledge' as most of the Golden Age figures weren't Hijazi Arabs anyway. They were Persians, Levantines, etc. just as they had been before the conquests, they just had a different overlord.

The main advantage of the Islamic Empire was that 1) A common language into which many texts were translated (mostly by Syriac Nestorian Christians) 2) A very wealthy society that could afford patronage of the arts and sciences (scientific advancement has always been tied to economics). The decline in scientific output of the Islamic Empires declined along with their decline in wealth and power, and the Europeans rose along with their improving economic fortunes.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
2 words, a good leaders.
So, in essence, you are saying that Islaam is perfect and would lead its people into academic excellence even today, were it not for the all-too-human (as opposed to divinely guided) flaws and limitations of the current (human) leadership?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So, in essence, you are saying that Islaam is perfect and would lead its people into academic excellence even today, were it not for the all-too-human (as opposed to divinely guided) flaws and limitations of the current (human) leadership?

Again, according to the prophecy this should happen at the end of time, the disbelievers will lead the world and the Jews will take over Palestine, close your eyes and your ears and enjoy your stay on earth.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Again, according to the prophecy this should happen at the end of time, the disbelievers will lead the world and the Jews will take over Palestine, close your eyes and your ears and enjoy your stay on earth.
Such a prophecy may or may not exist, but I have no idea why anyone would take it seriously.

On the contrary, I find it quite irresponsible, even criminal, to lend it any significance.

Reality is supposed to trump scripture when the two clash.