• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you dislike Islam?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Is the West the House of War?

The more you learn about Islam the more you must wonder if the West has a future worth living in.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Quran = Hate Speech.

But beneath the rosy assurances from Muslim apologists that Islam is about peace and tolerance lies a much darker reality that better explains the violence and deeply-rooted indifference. Quite simply, the Quran teaches supremacy, hatred and hostility.

Consider the elements that define hate speech:

• Drawing a distinction between one’s own identity group and those outside it
  • Moral comparison based on this distinction
  • Devaluation or dehumanization of other groups and the personal superiority of one's own
  • The advocating of different standards of treatment based on identity group membership
  • A call to violence against members of other groups
Sadly, and despite the best intentions of many decent people who are Muslim, the Quran qualifies as hate speech on each count.

The holiest book of Islam (61% of which is about non-Muslims) draws the sharpest of distinctions between Muslims (the best of people, 3:110) and non-believers (the worst of creatures, 98:6). Praise is lavished on the former while the latter is condemned with scorching generalization.

Far from teaching universal love, the Quran incessantly preaches the inferiority of non-Muslims, even comparing them to vile animals and gloating over Allah's hatred of them and his dark plans for their eternal torture. Muslims are told that they are destined to dominate non-believers, against whom harsh treatment is encouraged.

Is the Quran Hate Propaganda?

Why you see it as odd or immoral if God choose to punish some of the ones he created?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If Allah does not see it as odd or immoral, he, she or it must be a psychopath.

You're free what you think of God, but if you see it happening and you find yourself waiting for your turn then at that moments you'll think of yourself as being psychopath :D

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You're free what you think of God, but if you see it happening and you find yourself waiting for your turn then at that moments you'll think of yourself as being psychopath :D
Will he? That does not make any sense.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Will he? That does not make any sense.

And what makes sense, you came to this life with no choice and you'll leave one day due to aging or illness
or whatever without your choice, can you guess that you won't be brought to existence for punishment?
how can you be sure of anything? remember and remember that God showed us signs but some
chose to reject all of them.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes you don't have to care, you have no choice other than submission.

I very much doubt it. But even taking for granted that you are correct, that would only mean that I would find myself under the thrall of a supernatural oppressive force. Not a God by any means.

And what makes sense, you came to this life with no choice and you'll leave one day due to aging or illness or whatever without your choice,

That is not too far off.

can you guess that you won't be brought to existence for punishment?
"Punishment"? What for?

how can you be sure of anything? remember and remember that God showed us signs but some
chose to reject all of them.
I can't remember what, from all indications, has never been true and that I certainly have never witnessed.

And do you know how the real God looks like, should he be sweet and lovely.

A God worth of any attention would have those attributes, yes. At the very least he/she/it would be capable of attaining such worthy qualities, or be part of a pantheon where some other deity would.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The host isn't much better. On one segment he defended the Muhammad/A'isha business.
Did you perchance read "After the Prophet", Rival? It is an engaging and informative read, and it features Aisha prominently, at least in the first few dozen pages.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Did you perchance read "After the Prophet", Rival? It is an engaging and informative read, and it features Aisha prominently, at least in the first few dozen pages.
No I haven't. Thanks for the info.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I don't expect that the Arab peninsula can do it prior to Islam, they were weak, divided and ignorant,
Islam was the major part for their progress.

I doubt the Muslims could have done it prior to their conquest of Byzantine & Sassanian territories. The elephant in the room is that the Islamic Golden Age didn't occur until the 8th Century when the Arabs controlled the majority of land formerly belonging to both of these empires and subsequently gained access to their accumulated knowledge.

This doesn't really speak to any validity in Islamic beliefs any more than the spread of literacy in Europe speaks to the validity of Christian ones. If the claim is made that the IGA resulted in a flourishing of scientific as well as educational endeavour & advances because of belief in Islamic scripture that placed emphasis on learning and gaining knowledge, it would then be unreasonable and inconsistent to claim that the spread of Islam that allowed that Golden Age to occur in the first place did not result from the Islamic scripture which emphasised violence against non-Muslims.

The host isn't much better. On one segment he defended the Muhammad/A'isha business.

The host is Maajid Nawaaz who is a practising Muslim but is also one of the seeming few willing to recognise there's a link between elements of Islam and violence instead of just disowning the problem.