• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you dislike Islam?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I doubt the Muslims could have done it prior to their conquest of Byzantine & Sassanian territories. The elephant in the room is that the Islamic Golden Age didn't occur until the 8th Century when the Arabs controlled the majority of land formerly belonging to both of these empires and subsequently gained access to their accumulated knowledge.

This doesn't really speak to any validity in Islamic beliefs any more than the spread of literacy in Europe speaks to the validity of Christian ones. If the claim is made that the IGA resulted in a flourishing of scientific as well as educational endeavour & advances because of belief in Islamic scripture that placed emphasis on learning and gaining knowledge, it would then be unreasonable and inconsistent to claim that the spread of Islam that allowed that Golden Age to occur in the first place did not result from the Islamic scripture which emphasised violence against non-Muslims.

I don't think their advancement was due to gaining knowledge from the Byzantine & Sassanid empires
as today all sciences are available to them but they're still lacking behind.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't think their advancement was due to gaining knowledge from the Byzantine & Sassanid empires
as today all sciences are available to them but they're still lacking behind.
"Them" being the current Muslim communities?

If so, then I would dispute the claim that they have full access to all scientific knowledge at the present.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Them" being the current Muslim communities?

If so, then I would dispute the claim that they have full access to all scientific knowledge at the present.

They have the access but it doesn't lead them to progress, only the ones who travel abroad can
make a progress but to the country which they traveled to such as Ahmad Zewail.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
They have the access but it doesn't lead them to progress,
As I said, I am not sure what you mean by their having access here.

only the ones who travel abroad can make a progress but to the country which they traveled to such as Ahmad Zewail.
That would be expected. It takes resources and proper environment for development to occur.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Because it should be the case due to God's plan, the prophet foretold that such things will happen.
I wonder how many Muslims take that exact interpretation, and how many realize that there is no reason to expect a culture that is hostile to scientific knowledge to benefit from it.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And what makes sense, you came to this life with no choice and you'll leave one day due to aging or illness
or whatever without your choice, can you guess that you won't be brought to existence for punishment?
how can you be sure of anything? remember and remember that God showed us signs but some
chose to reject all of them.
The rejection comes from your part since you are the one who believes in a false God after all deluded by the false claims of a book by a false Prophet.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Because he did not know. Your comment appeared to say he was being biased, which was not the case.

Stars:- Because they copied their star charts from the Arabs? Look, it's well established that Europeans got much of their initial knowledge from Islamic manuscripts. That does not mean at all that the Arabs were the first who did any of this. Particularly stars. Babylonians had spectacularly accurate star charts as well, as did Indians and Chinese. Europeans simply did not get a hold of them in the 15 th century.

Then tell that to the astrophysicist that is well respected. I'm sure there are Indian astrophysicist that agree with him but hey what do I know.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Then tell that to the astrophysicist that is well respected. I'm sure there are Indian astrophysicist that agree with him but hey what do I know.
Correct, your knowledge is limited. Thanks for the acknowledgement. Leave history of science to historians of science please.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Funny no Indians disputed his claim
Umm.. why would every claim any person makes have to be disputed? He is not a historian of science is he? He has correctly stated that star charts today have stars with Arabic names, he had nowhere said that Indians, Chinese and Babylonians did not have accurate star charts of their own. Heck, Mayan had superb astronomical calendars as well.

Do you know which is the earliest work of Islamic astronomy? It's a translation of an Indian astronomical text.
Zij al-Sindhind - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Umm.. why would every claim any person makes have to be disputed? He is not a historian of science is he? He has correctly stated that star charts today have stars with Arabic names, he had nowhere said that Indians, Chinese and Babylonians did not have accurate star charts of their own. Heck, Mayan had superb astronomical calendars as well.

Do you know which is the earliest work of Islamic astronomy? It's a translation of an Indian astronomical text.
Zij al-Sindhind - Wikipedia

The Africans had mapped it out earlier than the Indians so what? Point is you're the one arguing about Indians and math not me..

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Africans had mapped it out earlier than the Indians so what? Point is you're the one arguing about Indians and math not me..
Cool. As long as you are not arguing that the Caliphate invented astronomy there is no issue. They did good work in those early centuries. So did others. No issue there.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Cool. As long as you are not arguing that the Caliphate invented astronomy there is no issue. They did good work in those early centuries. So did others. No issue there.

You do realize the Caliphate is a system of successors of Muhammad so um what do you mean by that?

Notanumber

A Free Man
I would just like to say all these scientific errors in Islam are not what I find concerning about this political ideology.

Except for the fact that to say that Allah was wrong about the sun setting in a pool of muddy water would be blasphemy.

EDIT: Islamic Terror: In the Name of Allah

Last edited: