• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the world reject the Messiah when He Did come?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you believe in those words. I mean, you believe this is actually the words of peter.

I believe Peter knew that Jesus was Christ and what that meant. At the same time, the message was delivered to the capacity of the audience, it was applicable to the age it was given.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"The Almighty hath tried, and will continue to try, his servants, so that light may be distinguished from darkness, truth from falsehood, right from wrong, guidance from error, happiness from misery, and roses from thorns."

Bahá’u’lláh, Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 8-9
Great quote... Isn't that related to separating the wheat from the chaff?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
@ Spartan

Which of the following was fulfilled in Jesus?

The messiah:

[1] is a king or High Priest traditionally anointed with holy anointing oil,
[2] is a human leader,
[3] is physically descended from the paternal Davidic line through King David and King Solomon,

[4] will accomplish (inter alia) -
[4a] the unification of the tribes of Israel,
[4b] gathering of all Jews to Eretz Israel,
[4c] the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem,
[4d] the ushering in of a Messianic Age of global universal peace, and
[4e] the annunciation of the world to come.
For most Christians they accept that Jesus is divine. I would imagine all Christians would say he is the Messiah of the Jews. But now we have the Baha'is. They say Jesus is not divine, as in being God, but is like a mirror reflecting God. They say the physical body of Jesus, the flesh, is dead and gone, but his spirit is alive. That same Christ-spirit has already returned, not once but three times since Jesus in Muhammad, The Bab and Baha'u'llah. In your studies, do you think that any of them have completed the list of the things the Messiah was to accomplish?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
So you believe in those words. I mean, you believe this is actually the words of peter.
Hey firedragon, have you taken a look at the Baha'i claim that uses the 1260 days from Revelation and applies it to Islam? They use the day equals a year formula to make it 1260 years and say that the return was to happen in the 1260th year of Islam, which they say was 1844 when The Bab declared himself. I don't think any Christian has challenged them on that but what about coming from Islam? Does it make sense or are there some issues with their claim?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey firedragon, have you taken a look at the Baha'i claim that uses the 1260 days from Revelation and applies it to Islam? They use the day equals a year formula to make it 1260 years and say that the return was to happen in the 1260th year of Islam, which they say was 1844 when The Bab declared himself. I don't think any Christian has challenged them on that but what about coming from Islam? Does it make sense or are there some issues with their claim?

Just one thought CG, the date is the date, a Bahai cannot say it was, when it was not, here is a copy of the conversion done on the web;

Screenshot_20191007_073749_com.android.chrome.jpg

1260 also = 9

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That same Christ-spirit has already returned, not once but three times since Jesus in Muhammad, The Bab and Baha'u'llah. In your studies, do you think that any of them have completed the list of the things the Messiah was to accomplish?
In your studies, have you found anything in prophecies that says that the Messiah Himself will complete this list of the things during His lifetime? Have you found anything in prophecies that says who will complete the list of things? Have you found anything in prophecies that designates a specific time-frame on when they will be completed?

Spartan

Christ is indeed the First and the Last, the beginning and the end, Christ is all we will know of God. If we are true to Christ, we will see the Fruits of the Holy Spirit in all the Names it has appeared in.

Jesus is 'Christ' (Annointed by the Holy Spirit, all we can know of God)

Krishna is Christ.

Zoroaster is Christ

Muhammad is Christ

The Bab is Christ

Baha'u'llah is Christ the Son come as the Glory of the Lord, the Father.

To name but a few.

I wish you well and happy and you are free not to see it as I have found. May your journey in Christ give your service to all humanity. Peace be with you and all.

Regards Tony

That requires a much greater faith than I can muster up. :)

Spartan

Sister sooda, I'm sure you didn't intend to be funny, but your post #566 in response to Spartan's post #560 was/is funny.
When I first read your response, I thought: Well, er, uhmm, ... yeah. If Jesus' divinity had been clearly and indisputably confirmed in the Tanakh, there'd be a helluva lot more "Jews for Jesus", don't ya think?

You guys might want to research the Deity of Jesus in the Old Testament.

The Deity of Christ in the Old Testament

The Deity of Messiah in the Tenach and other Jewish Writings

Last edited:

Spartan

@ Spartan

Which of the following was fulfilled in Jesus?

The messiah:

[1] is a king or High Priest traditionally anointed with holy anointing oil,
[2] is a human leader,
[3] is physically descended from the paternal Davidic line through King David and King Solomon,

[4] will accomplish (inter alia) -
[4a] the unification of the tribes of Israel,
[4b] gathering of all Jews to Eretz Israel,
[4c] the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem,
[4d] the ushering in of a Messianic Age of global universal peace, and
[4e] the annunciation of the world to come.

1. You make the novice error of failing to take into account that Jesus' Second Coming is expected to fulfill the remaining end time prophecies.

2. The Messiah will be God. The Deity of Messiah in the Tenach and other Jewish Writings

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Just one thought CG, the date is the date, a Bahai cannot say it was, when it was not,

Have you found anything in prophecies that designates a specific time-frame on when they will be completed?
The 1260 years is absolutely amazing. But, when do we start counting the 1260 years? From Revelation the outer court of the Temple is given to the nations to tread on for 42 months. When did that happen?

Next, the 2 witnesses prophecy for 1260 days. When did they start? Was it the same date that the nations were given the outer court? Oh, and who are they? Revelation says they are the 2 olives trees and the 2 lampstands.

When they finish their testimony, which last 1260 days, a beast kills them. They lie in the street for 3 1/2 days. After 3 1/2 days they come back to life.

Then a woman gives birth to a son and then flees to the wilderness for 1260 days. Later, she is given wings to fly back to her place in the wilderness for a time, a times and a half a time.

Next comes a beast that is given authority for 42 months. Later, another beast arrives on the scene. This one has a name or mark that adds up to 666.

Abdul Baha goes over some of this, but how can each reference to a time period that is interpreted as being 1260 years always begin and end at the same time? That is something the Baha'is can manipulate.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The 1260 years is absolutely amazing. But, when do we start counting the 1260 years? From Revelation the outer court of the Temple is given to the nations to tread on for 42 months. When did that happen?

Next, the 2 witnesses prophecy for 1260 days. When did they start? Was it the same date that the nations were given the outer court? Oh, and who are they? Revelation says they are the 2 olives trees and the 2 lampstands.

When they finish their testimony, which last 1260 days, a beast kills them. They lie in the street for 3 1/2 days. After 3 1/2 days they come back to life.

Then a woman gives birth to a son and then flees to the wilderness for 1260 days. Later, she is given wings to fly back to her place in the wilderness for a time, a times and a half a time.

Next comes a beast that is given authority for 42 months. Later, another beast arrives on the scene. This one has a name or mark that adds up to 666.

Abdul Baha goes over some of this, but how can each reference to a time period that is interpreted as being 1260 years always begin and end at the same time? That is something the Baha'is can manipulate.

This prophecy records the entire dispensation of Muhammad and records the year when all things would be made new. The Message of the Bab closed the age of Muhammed in the year 1260, thus fulfilling those specific prophecies.

The Message of Muhammad found life again in the Message of Baha'u'llah.

The rejection of Muhammad was for the entire dispensation that closed in the year 1260, the Covenant was broken and Ali was rejected as the rightfully appointed successor.

Daniel comes to 1260 via the edict to rebuild the temple of 457BC and the 2300 years before the sanctuary was again cleansed. 2300-457+1 (as no year 0) = AD1844, or AH1260.

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member

Yes. Well it says days first, not years. So thats a far vague attempt. And Muslims where ever their regimes have been have got battered all over the place, so fire doest come from their mouths and they dont have the power to shut the sky. I think its a valiant attempt but is cherry picked for convenience.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes. Well it says days first, not years. So thats a far vague attempt. And Muslims where ever their regimes have been have got battered all over the place, so fire doest come from their mouths and they dont have the power to shut the sky. I think its a valiant attempt but is cherry picked for convenience.

One must look into biblical prophecy to make such an observation. It is not a matter of convenience.

The day for a year principal was used by Biblical Scholars well before the Bab and Baha'u'llah gave their Messages as you can research at this link; Day-year principle - Wikipedia It was first used in Christian exposition in 380 AD by Ticonius.

There is no stronger prophecy for any Messenger in any other Holy Books than this prophecy. With this timeline, we also prove Muhammad was foretold in the Old and New Testaments.

Regards Tony

Spartan

Christ is indeed the First and the Last, the beginning and the end, Christ is all we will know of God. If we are true to Christ, we will see the Fruits of the Holy Spirit in all the Names it has appeared in.

Jesus is 'Christ' (Annointed by the Holy Spirit, all we can know of God)

Krishna is Christ.

Zoroaster is Christ

Muhammad is Christ

The Bab is Christ

Baha'u'llah is Christ the Son come as the Glory of the Lord, the Father.

To name but a few.

I wish you well and happy and you are free not to see it as I have found. May your journey in Christ give your service to all humanity. Peace be with you and all.

Regards Tony

How about Mithra. Is Mithra Christ?