1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Why did the world reject the Messiah when He Did come?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Tony Bristow-Stagg, Aug 30, 2019.

1. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +13,953
    Religion:
    ecumenical & naturalistic Catholic
    And this is what we do, thus we don't judge others even though the JW's do.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Immersion in the Ocean of God's Word
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,238
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    We have to appreciate that Jesus was the 'Christ' and as Jesus said,

John 6:63 "The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life."

It is the Word that is Christ.

Regards Tony

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Ratings:
    +1,764
    Religion:
    Judaism
    We? You have a frog in your pocket? We Jews certainly don't. Hindus don't. Buddhists don't. Atheists don't. A great many people don't. And even among people who do believe in Jesus, a sizable number of them don't believe the same things about him that you do. I suggest you drop the triumphalism.

4. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +13,953
    Religion:
    ecumenical & naturalistic Catholic
    Huh? What does that have to do with what I actually posted, which dealt with judging others?

I suggest you actually follow the conversation and actually read what I wrote.

5. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,238
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Your statement is the Quandary of this OP, for many others including the JW.

If the Message of the Bab (Gate) given in 1844 was the fulfilment of Biblical Prophecy, then many including the JW do not know Christ has returned as the Father. I also see me and many Baha'i have struggled to see the importance of that day.

It has become very obvious to me though, we have all fallen for the trap of waiting for a promise, given up searching, or not even considering it any more, the world is a mess as a result.

The great thing is that it is happening, the mind of man is embracing the concepts and principals that are needed to build unity and a lesser peace, it will take an event to show us how to use those thoughts on a global scale.

Regards Tony

6. CG Didymus

CG Didymus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,500
    Religion:
    undecided
    Gee, I wonder what your favorite verse from the NT is? Here's is the verses just before that. Could you explain them to me?
    50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.
    51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
    52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
    53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
    54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
    55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
    56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
    57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
    58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”
    59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
    60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
    61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?
    62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
    63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.​

7. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,238
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Verse 63 answered the question of all posted from verse 50.

The Word is the Bread of life, our spiritual well being.

8. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +260
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Jesus was made -lower than the angels while on earth-Hebrews 2:7-9- a mortal. So its true in certain translations they have the followers bowing in worship to a mortal Jesus. It is error to mislead. Christians serve the God Israel served in the OT-A single being God-YHWH or YHVH(Jehovah)--Jesus was taught this God when he attended the Israelite places of worship. Every bible writer was taught that God as well.
    In Jesus day, they did not like the truth either. They killed Jesus the apostles and followers. Jesus said his followers would be hated like he was.

#988 kjw47, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  9. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +260
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

I showed you 7 important teachings from Jesus. You wont believe him. Truth has judged already. I just share them.
    Jesus assures all-He has a God like we do-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Believe him.

10. CG Didymus

CG Didymus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,500
    Religion:
    undecided
    The Baha'is use prophecies in Daniel to "prove" that Jesus was one of the Messiahs, and then they follow it up to show that 1844 was the year prophesied for his return. I questioned the Baha'is using the decree to rebuild Jerusalem as the starting point of the 2300 days. In Daniel it talks about the daily sacrifice, the rebellion that causes desolation and the surrender of the sanctuary and the trampling underfoot of the Lord's people... and that it will take 2300 evenings and mornings. Do you have any insight as to what any of these prophecies are talking about? Thanks.