• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did so many democrats encourage people in NYC to go to crowded places and use subways

Yes, everyone was caught napping by this damned thing. And it's a tough call for politicians in democracies to shut everything down. But surely, now has to be a time to sink differences and help one another, based on the science.

Nah, much better to boast about the ratings for your briefings on a national disaster

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 02.07.54.png

America is a truly odd place.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm primarily blaming the virus.

Although I did give Mrs Revolt grief for her people eating bats.
She admitted that her mother surreptitiously served them to us.
Apparently shizi tou isnt really "lion's head"...it's "bat surprise".
One of me favorite dishes now forever ruined.
Shih tzu is made of bats? Crickey mate, I was supposed to be eating dog.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
From the Tucker Carlson report previously cited:
You would think the local politicians, mayor or governor would have taken better steps

On March 2nd -- this March 2nd -- Mayor Bill de Blasiotweeted this: "Since I'm encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives, plus get out on the town, despite coronavirus, I thought it would offer some suggestions. Here's the first. Thru Thursday, go see "The Traitor." If "The Wire" was a true story plus set in Italy, it would be this film."

That's right, go to a movie theater immediately. You must.

A week later de Blasio was still encouraging New Yorkers to live it up and mingle in large groups. On March 11th, which, keep in mind, was barely two weeks ago, de Blasio was still insisting that "If you're not sick, you should be going about your life."
The president said this was all going to disappear like magic. This seems right in line with that. Bipartisan agreement should not be thrown under the bus when we see it in action.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Why do so many Dems encourage people to go into crowded places. Why, don't you know? Hillary puts them up to it.

She wears tights and a cape and she flies from town to town encouraging Democratic leaders to mislead people about health risks.

You know you want to believe it. Just do!
I am not a member of either party, but I want to believe. Since phone booths have been phased out, where does she do her costume changes? Does she have a sidekick henching for her?

I think that she may need to reconsider the tights and go for a more stately and ominous robe with a cowl.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
You might think if politicians encouraged people to go to crowded places they would accept resgnisiblity not deflect

Tucker Carlson: NY's leaders more worried at first about being called racist than coronavirus threat

It wasn't that long ago when NYC politicians were saying skipping a Chinese parade out of coronavirus fears was racists and not that long ago when they encouraged people to go to subways and crowded places. It would be better if they said 'I was wrong' and apologized.
Gunna address trump and your fellow trumpettes spending January and February loudly proclaiming there was nothing to worry about, it was all a big Democrat hoax, and all going to go away soon?

No?

Funny that.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Gunna address trump and your fellow trumpettes spending January and February loudly proclaiming there was nothing to worry about, it was all a big Democrat hoax, and all going to go away soon?

No?

Funny that.
It is a Democrat hoax. It is my sincere belief that there is no virus or pandemic. All the news saying so is fake news. There was only one guy and he brought some kind of bad cold into this country. Like the president said, it was gone like magic.

I am pretty certain that this everything we are reading and viewing is a conspiracy between the Democrats, George Soros, the Fake Media, Satan and the pharmaceutical industry that wants to sell over-priced vaccines that don't work.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yes, everyone was caught napping by this damned thing. And it's a tough call for politicians in democracies to shut everything down. But surely, now has to be a time to sink differences and help one another, based on the science.
There's being caught napping, then there's willfully going to sleep when you've been warned about a pending emergency. Never forget that there was infrastructure, planning and organisations in pluace for dealing with this exact type of thing, but they were dismantled in one of trump's "get rid of anything that reminds me of Obama" temper tantrum purges.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There's being caught napping, then there's willfully going to sleep when you've been warned about a pending emergency. Never forget that there was infrastructure, planning and organisations in pluace for dealing with this exact type of thing, but they were dismantled in one of trump's "get rid of anything that reminds me of Obama" temper tantrum purges.
He had a valid reason for dismantling all of that. What would be the point of having infrastructure in place to deal with something that is never going to happen?

Kangaroo Feathers

He had a valid reason for dismantling all of that. What would be the point of having infrastructure in place to deal with something that is never going to happen?
Quite. Just like climate change.

If there were any sense in the world, the trumpettes might draw the obvious parallels between the two and observe what happens when experts are ignored and government response is lacking, but I shan't hold my breath.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Then you'll really like gong pao ju rou.
(I think it's made from yang guizi.)
Left over bat surprise? Do they use head cheese to make it?

I knew a family from Korea and the wife was a fantastic cook. They were neighbors of ours many years ago. She would bring some of her food over for us to sample once in a while. It was always very tasty. Indeed, excellent. But, I told my wife jokingly not to ask her what was in it, I did not want to know.

I did actually ask, since I am curious and did not suspect that she would intentionally try to gross us out. It was all pretty ordinary with the exotic ingredients being plants that were not widely available in US markets.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Quite. Just like climate change.

If there were any sense in the world, the trumpettes might draw the obvious parallels between the two and observe what happens when experts are ignored and government response is lacking, but I shan't hold my breath.
No climate change. Plastic is good for the environment. The public does not need all that land that could be better used mining for resources. Climate Girl needs anger management therapy. Strong women leaders that speak their minds are really nasty.

I find it all amusing to see someone vilifying one side for an individual doing exactly what the leader of the other side originally suggested.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Then you'll really like gong pao ju rou.
(I think it's made from yang guizi.)
I never considered that bats might be on the menu somewhere, but I have eaten a number of dishes that someone might consider unpalatable.

Escargot, frog legs, squirrel, opossum, raccoon, squid, sushi-grade tuna and octopus are not widely-relished ingredients for the average person. Maybe the sushi-grade tuna comes closest.

Skwim

Veteran Member
And then not accept responsibility for the rapid spread of COVID-19 on the east coast?. Blame Trump, like Blaming Bush is a l game a responsible politician with the interest of the people should not be doing

De Blazio encouraged NYC people to take the subway and go to parades even late February.

De Blasio's coronavirus crisis
Sorry but I failed to find any mention in the article about De Blazio encouraging "NYC people to take the subway and go to parades even late February." Are you sure you have the right article?

exchemist

Veteran Member
True enough.

PureX

Veteran Member
And then not accept responsibility for the rapid spread of COVID-19 on the east coast?. Blame Trump, like Blaming Bush is a l game a responsible politician with the interest of the people should not be doing

De Blazio encouraged NYC people to take the subway and go to parades even late February.

De Blasio's coronavirus crisis
How did one guy become "democrats"? How is the spread of the virus in NYC any faster than anywhere else? Because that's not what the numbers say. Did De Blasio even know about the virus in February?

Or, ... is this just more BS from Fox News? Looks a whole lot like the latter, to me.