• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did so many democrats encourage people in NYC to go to crowded places and use subways

whirlingmerc

And then not accept responsibility for the rapid spread of COVID-19 on the east coast?. Blame Trump, like Blaming Bush is a l game a responsible politician with the interest of the people should not be doing

De Blazio encouraged NYC people to take the subway and go to parades even late February.

De Blasio's coronavirus crisis

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why do so many Dems encourage people to go into crowded places. Why, don't you know? Hillary puts them up to it.

She wears tights and a cape and she flies from town to town encouraging Democratic leaders to mislead people about health risks.

You know you want to believe it. Just do!

exchemist

Veteran Member
And then not accept responsibility. Blame Trump, like Blaming Bush is a shell game a responsible politician with the interest of the people should not be doing

De Blazio encouraged NYC people to take the subway and go to parades even late February.
Yes, I see the blame game has already started in the USA, uniquely, among all the countries of the world that are grappling with this problem.

It is where Trump always begins. Whatever the problem, no matter how urgent, or what leadership is called for, Trump always starts with who to blame.

Every other country in the world has set aside its political differences in the face of this challenge. But in the US, it is all about blame, while the epidemic rages.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, I see the blame game has already started in the USA, uniquely, among all the countries of the world that are grappling with this problem.

It is where Trump always begins. Whatever the problem, no matter how urgent, or what leadership is called for, Trump always starts with who to blame.
I'm primarily blaming the virus.

Although I did give Mrs Revolt grief for her people eating bats.
She admitted that her mother surreptitiously served them to us.
Apparently shizi tou isnt really "lion's head"...it's "bat surprise".
One of me favorite dishes now forever ruined.

whirlingmerc

You might think if politicians encouraged people to go to crowded places they would accept resgnisiblity not deflect

Tucker Carlson: NY's leaders more worried at first about being called racist than coronavirus threat

It wasn't that long ago when NYC politicians were saying skipping a Chinese parade out of coronavirus fears was racists and not that long ago when they encouraged people to go to subways and crowded places. It would be better if they said 'I was wrong' and apologized.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You might think if politicians encouraged people to go to crowded places they would accept resgnisiblity not deflect

Tucker Carlson: NY's leaders more worried at first about being called racist than coronavirus threat

It wasn't that long ago when NYC politicians were saying skipping a Chinese parade out of coronavirus fears was racists and not that long ago when they encouraged people to go to subways and crowded places. It would be better if they said 'I was wrong' and apologized.
Politicians do have so many competing concerns that they often don't handle them well.

whirlingmerc

It's just a male New Yorker thing, isn't it?. After all, isn't POTUS one?

Actually one was a woman

from same source...
Oxiris Barbot, New York City Health Commissioner: The risk to New Yorkers for coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I'm going to be there.

whirlingmerc

Because Republicans do not have a monopoly on.....

I suppose all people have fallen natures Republican, Democrat, male, female...

State Sen. Brian Kavanagh, D-N.Y.: It's very important that we recognize that this holiday and this festival is of tremendous significance for many communities in our state. And it is very important that we ensure that we don't have misinformation, and many in the media have been covering this issue as if it's, you know, a terrible plague that people have to avoid.

"If you don't go to a crowded public place immediately, you're racist." Look at those people telling you that, demanding that you do that. Hectoring you, badgering you, exerting moral blackmail on you to expose yourself.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And then not accept responsibility for the rapid spread of COVID-19 on the east coast?. Blame Trump, like Blaming Bush is a l game a responsible politician with the interest of the people should not be doing

Trump is considering a complete lockdown for NYC. Chairman Mao err...Cuomo

is having a conniption.

whirlingmerc

Trump is considering a complete lockdown for NYC. Chairman Mao err...Cuomo

is having a conniption.

From the Tucker Carlson report previously cited:
You would think the local politicians, mayor or governor would have taken better steps

On March 2nd -- this March 2nd -- Mayor Bill de Blasiotweeted this: "Since I'm encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives, plus get out on the town, despite coronavirus, I thought it would offer some suggestions. Here's the first. Thru Thursday, go see "The Traitor." If "The Wire" was a true story plus set in Italy, it would be this film."

That's right, go to a movie theater immediately. You must.

A week later de Blasio was still encouraging New Yorkers to live it up and mingle in large groups. On March 11th, which, keep in mind, was barely two weeks ago, de Blasio was still insisting that "If you're not sick, you should be going about your life."

And Trump was comparing it to the flu and saying 'we don't stop everything for the flu' in mid-March.

Both were wrong, and both deserve blame.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
From the Tucker Carlson report previously cited:
You would think the local politicians, mayor or governor would have taken better steps

On March 2nd -- this March 2nd -- Mayor Bill de Blasiotweeted this: "Since I'm encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives, plus get out on the town, despite coronavirus, I thought it would offer some suggestions. Here's the first. Thru Thursday, go see "The Traitor." If "The Wire" was a true story plus set in Italy, it would be this film."

That's right, go to a movie theater immediately. You must.

A week later de Blasio was still encouraging New Yorkers to live it up and mingle in large groups. On March 11th, which, keep in mind, was barely two weeks ago, de Blasio was still insisting that "If you're not sick, you should be going about your life."

Maybe it's high time for a new political party to take the reins other than the Democrats and Republicans.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

So it went to her head... "bats in the belfry" as it were.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And Trump was comparing it to the flu and saying 'we don't stop everything for the flu' in mid-March.

True with one critical extension. Those who did something stupid, own up to it and stop it get a pass from me. Those who continue saying and doing stupid things don't. There is a difference and to me a big one.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Maybe it's high time for a new political party to take the reins other than the Democrats and Republicans.
The parties are a reflection of the American people. When people have a different way of looking at life, new parties will emerge or the current parties change. The time has to be ripe for true change to be successful.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Yes, everyone was caught napping by this damned thing. And it's a tough call for politicians in democracies to shut everything down. But surely, now has to be a time to sink differences and help one another, based on the science.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

I agree with President Trump. This whole virus thing is a Democrat hoax attempting to demean his honorable name.