• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are You Here?

idea

Question Everything
In the end though, that is why I am here, to promote the unity of the entire human race

I enjoy diversity, enjoy a place with open, honest communication, to explore and debate ideas, and better understand others.

There are different kinds of unity,

Unity to seek peace, kindness, honesty, work ethic, yes please :)

Unity of religious beliefs? Dictator/prophet/king/conformity? No thanks.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I enjoy diversity, enjoy a place with open, honest communication, to explore and debate ideas, and better understand others.

There are different kinds of unity,

Unity to seek peace, kindness, honesty, work ethic, yes please :)

You were doing great up to this point, so I quoted that part. :D;)

I left out the part that that was not focused on unity. :p:)

Well done, Regards Tony

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm here to hopefully poke my finger through the holes in so many beliefs that many might have. :oops: But mostly to witness the ways in how so many come to have such beliefs, and the reasons given as to why they maintain them. Given that the larger part of humanity has such beliefs (varied as they might be), so why would I ignore the impact of such? Especially when so many seem to contradict the essence of what tends to come rather naturally to me.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Where would you rather be, but are not able to be because you chose RF instead? ;):D

I liked my time in the Solomon Islands amongst the community, helping them to build infrastructure and sharing skills they have not had access to. That life was not sustainable, as I was way to selfish coming from such a privileged background. I lost 30 kg in the Solomon's, yet 6 years back, so is the 30kg!

Regards Tony
That sounds like a truly great experience!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm here to hopefully poke my finger through the holes in so many beliefs that many might have. :oops: But mostly to witness the ways in how so many come to have such beliefs, and the reasons given as to why they maintain them. Given that the larger part of humanity has such beliefs (varied as they might be), so why would I ignore the impact of such? Especially when so many seem to contradict the essence of what tends to come rather naturally to me.

I have found the best place to find those solutions, are in finding ones own innermost self.

Regards Tony

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I have found the best place to find those solutions, are in finding ones own innermost self.

Regards Tony
Perhaps I do - by noting what happens in life with as impartial monitoring as possible. Not much I can do about those who have found their own explanations even if such contradicts those of so many others. :oops:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Perhaps I do - by noting what happens in life with as impartial monitoring as possible. Not much I can do about those who have found their own explanations even if such contradicts those of so many others. :oops:

Actually, I see that in finding our innermost selves, we find God Standing within, mighty, powerful and Unconstrained.

The other self is a veil to that reality.

Regards Tony

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Actually, I see that in finding our innermost selves, we find God Standing within, mighty, powerful and Unconstrained.

The other self is a veil to that reality.

Regards Tony
Never felt that I'm afraid. I just try to be honest when I attempt to understand anything. Given I don't find religion that plausible it is the best I can do.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
If everyone would simply acknowledge that
1.Buddhism is not concerned with "God"
2.Buddhism is incompatible with the concept of "soul"
3. Cats are better than dogs
I'd probably feel I could leave.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Never felt that I'm afraid. Just try to be honest when I attempt to understand anything. Given I don't find religion that plausible it is the best I can do.

I see we must never give up, we have been given a great gift.

"O Son of Spirit! I created thee rich, why dost thou bring thyself down to poverty? Noble I made thee, wherewith dost thou abase thyself? Out of the essence of knowledge I gave thee being, why seekest thou enlightenment from anyone beside Me? Out of the clay of love I moulded thee, how dost thou busy thyself with another? Turn thy sight unto thyself, that thou mayest find Me standing within thee, mighty, powerful and self-subsisting."

Regards Tony