• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are You Here?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a question that has been asked of me, so I start with my answer. It could be put in many ways.

I always consider the roots of faith. I see that the Prophets and Messengers are from God and are the source of Oneness, yet those Messages are also the sword that divides.

Then I consider that I live in a world of opposites, knowing that I have a choice between right and wrong, good and evil happiness and sadness etc.

So why would one promote an ideal that one knows will be either be embraced, or most likely rejected? That lays in the essence of what it is to have Faith.

The soul purpose of my life has become the promotion of unity in a very divided world, in the knowledge that as I am part of that world, it is most likely that no matter what I do, I too will be the source of some of that division.

In the end though, that is why I am here, to promote the unity of the entire human race, in sharing key thoughts of how that can become a reality.

Why are you here?

Regards Tony

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It is a question that has been asked of me, so I start with my answer. It could be put in many ways.

I always consider the roots of faith. I see that the Prophets and Messengers are from God and are the source of Oneness, yet those Messages are also the sword that divides.

Then I consider that I live in a world of opposites, knowing that I have a choice between right and wrong, good and evil happiness and sadness etc.

So why would one promote an ideal that one knows will be either be embraced, or most likely rejected? That lays in the essence of what it is to have Faith.

The soul purpose of my life has become the promotion of unity in a very divided world, in the knowledge that as I am part of that world, it is most likely that no matter what I do, I too will be the source of some of that division.

In the end though, that is why I am here, to promote the unity of the entire human race, in sharing key thoughts of how that can become a reality.

Why are you here?

Regards Tony
This may happen to sound really crazy :)
But i don't know why i am here anymore, the reason changing so many times.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Similar to you; I consider humanity to be between sovereignty and unity among our eternal progress to become God. Transmuting Soul, I am here exactly for the same reason: to be an advocate for my beliefs, and although you're a Baha'i and I am an Exaltist, there's probably a lot of common ground between our spiritual endeavors. The only real difference I see between us is that you believe that God is becoming closer to man, whereas I believe that humanity is becoming that God we seek for.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@TransmutingSoul

Just curious, why is this in general debates? I can't see anyone debating each other over this topic.

One of my thoughts is that I do not want to exclude anyone from a discussion. I also do not mind critical observation of what I offer, as it helps me determine more about my own self.

Sometimes a discussion only forum keeps people back from posting a reply.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I came here to enlighten everyone and receive scrutiny of my ideas.
Now I'm here to interact with the nice folk and try to ask interesting questions, and get enlightened myself.

That is indeed what we face with our personal journeys, the ability to adapt and change is a bounty.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Similar to you; I consider humanity to be between sovereignty and unity among our eternal progress to become God. Transmuting Soul, I am here exactly for the same reason: to be an advocate for my beliefs, and although you're a Baha'i and I am an Exaltist, there's probably a lot of common ground between our spiritual endeavors. The only real difference I see between us is that you believe that God is becoming closer to man, whereas I believe that humanity is becoming that God we seek for.

Yes it is indeed a relative journey in life. The more we share, the more we can understand our own selves.

All the best, Regards Tony